Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:57 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
littlebig wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Different eras so there is no real comparison that can be made as regards the "best". Anyway, I, at least, like both apples AND oranges.

Just very disappointed with the lack of recognition that Big Dave gets from the business.

Not recognized by the fans either, at least formally. Never been player of the year. If he doesn't get it this season there should be questions asked in Parliament.

Never even in the PFA top three either according to Pep.
The thread OP has gone long term AWOL, bit like MC, I wonder of they are on the same remote tropical island?

Does anyone actually know where Ted is? And is he ok?

He still posts on Bluemoon under the username Neville Kneville.

I'll give him a poke
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:24 am

zuricity wrote:

Maine rd was a great pitch to play on , always was

At the end of the 70/71 season, City contacted a sports research centre in Bingley, West Yorkshire, to see how the pitch could be improved.

During that summer it was dug up completely and miles of drainage and under soil heating pipes were installed, together with new varieties of turf, as advised by the research centre - and it worked very well, as City had one of the best pitches in the country as well as first rate ground staff.

The conditions which allowed the famous "Ballet on ice" became, largely, a thing of the past.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum