Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:None of us know what's happening when Pep comes in. We can speculate all we want but we're better off just waiting until he actually gets here first. We don't need our own fans adding fuel to the fire when we've still got things to win this season.

EDIT: I'm not saying don't discuss it, that's what we're here for. But people are talking like it's fact that x and y is going to happen. As fans we know fuck all! Especially me.

That cunt PONY is fuckign going.

Better be a fact

He will only go if he wants to. He could linger around if he digs his heels in. No one will pay him the wedge we are I bet based upon the last 18 months of Ponyism.

Someone better have a word. Training with the EDS. Loads of speeding tickets. Tax issues. Etc.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:02 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:None of us know what's happening when Pep comes in. We can speculate all we want but we're better off just waiting until he actually gets here first. We don't need our own fans adding fuel to the fire when we've still got things to win this season.

EDIT: I'm not saying don't discuss it, that's what we're here for. But people are talking like it's fact that x and y is going to happen. As fans we know fuck all! Especially me.

That cunt PONY is fuckign going.

Better be a fact

He will only go if he wants to. He could linger around if he digs his heels in. No one will pay him the wedge we are I bet based upon the last 18 months of Ponyism.

Someone better have a word. Training with the EDS. Loads of speeding tickets. Tax issues. Etc.

Cheers

i'm not one for speculating but i know for
a fact that as soon as pep comes is pony is off to west ham on loan
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:49 am

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:I was smashed on here for stating the Silva was sellable at the right price. How the worm turns.

Yeh , you said that when we bought him.

Cabbage.

That's so out of character for you to rewrite history like that.

It was the beginning of this season.

I remember it clearly as this season - because a few months later you disagreed with someone who made the same point about Kompany.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:51 am

Dameerto wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:I was smashed on here for stating the Silva was sellable at the right price. How the worm turns.

Cabbage.

I remember it clearly as this season - because a few months later you disagreed with someone who made the same point about Kompany.

Very good.

However, Kompany is the only player who is indispensable. He shows it again and again and again. He is a leader. You don't sell leaders.

Does Dave come across as a leader? Not for me. Great player, amazing player, but dispensable at the right price.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:51 am

zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Silva has been Flogged by City, along with the other stalwarts. He will fit in with Pep as long as he can stay fit, for how long might be the issue. Players like Silva are once in a bluemoon.

It is quite conceivable that David Silva will outlive Pep at City. I for one am under no illusion that Pep is somehow the man for the job.

I'll give him the same respect and rope , for him to hang himself. The PL is not like the Bundesliga or the Spanish league , pep is just a n other manager
that all are waiting to see fall on his own sword.

But Barca and Bayern are no ordinary clubs, he got rid of the clique at Barca, the politics at Bayern are interesting to say the least., we have a magnet for players mate, that is needed this sides time is well up and has been for 2 seasons now.

Clique ?

All managers are capable of such choices.
What politics at Bayern ?

Pep btw speaks very good German , he is no mug.

Sorry, on the Clique, Peps first task was to tell Goofy his time was up, along with Deco, who all be it were great players and club Icons they were also leading Messi down the Disco, Eto mended his ways, he brought in younger players, and managed to lose his first game too. Barca was not an easy start for him as many think. The media and fans were all waiting for him to fail at the start.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Silva has been Flogged by City, along with the other stalwarts. He will fit in with Pep as long as he can stay fit, for how long might be the issue. Players like Silva are once in a bluemoon.

It is quite conceivable that David Silva will outlive Pep at City. I for one am under no illusion that Pep is somehow the man for the job.

I'll give him the same respect and rope , for him to hang himself. The PL is not like the Bundesliga or the Spanish league , pep is just a n other manager
that all are waiting to see fall on his own sword.

But Barca and Bayern are no ordinary clubs, he got rid of the clique at Barca, the politics at Bayern are interesting to say the least., we have a magnet for players mate, that is needed this sides time is well up and has been for 2 seasons now.

Clique ?

All managers are capable of such choices.
What politics at Bayern ?

Pep btw speaks very good German , he is no mug.

Sorry, on the Clique, Peps first task was to tell Goofy his time was up, along with Deco, who all be it were great players and club Icons they were also leading Messi down the Disco, Eto mended his ways, he brought in younger players, and managed to lose his first game too. Barca was not an easy start for him as many think. The media and fans were all waiting for him to fail at the start.

Mmmh two players hardly makes up a clique, but whether or not he actually got rid of those two it is quite normal to move on older players. I mean , the spafia moved Edin on and left us with Bony !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Mate, I am a member at Barca have been for 20 yrs he was getting rid of the Barca's biggest shirt seller ever at the time.The iconic 10 to give it to a 17yr old was on top of his first job Wow at Barca, nobody could predict the next 10 years, Pep did.He will not fail at City, I predict a struggle at first as we get players to perform week in week out. Deco and Ronny were mesmeric but on the piss and taking the piss. Rykard had just won the CL but it was all stale according to the club/media. Pep did not have an easy start with an unfit train when they want squad. Hard to think but true, read his book.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:52 pm

dazby wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Cabbage.

Very good.

However, Kompany is the only player who is indispensable. He shows it again and again and again. He is a leader. You don't sell leaders.

Does Dave come across as a leader? Not for me. Great player, amazing player, but dispensable at the right price.

Leaders are one thing, and all well and good. Andy Morriston was a leader, Horlock was a leader, Weikens was a leader. Silva is rhe finest player, possibly in the history of the club. You don't get rid of that when they still have five years (minimum) of good service to give!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:55 pm

dazby wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Cabbage.

Very good.

Leaders are one thing, and all well and good. Andy Morriston was a leader, Horlock was a leader, Weikens was a leader. Silva is rhe finest player, possibly in the history of the club. You don't get rid of that when they still have five years (minimum) of good service to give!
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby gillie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:30 am

If the club would have had the balls to make the decision to get Dave's ankles operated on at the beginning of the season we would not even be discussing him now. Best playmaker we have ever had at the club FACT.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:10 am

gillie wrote:If the club would have had the balls to make the decision to get Dave's ankles operated on at the beginning of the season we would not even be discussing him now. Best playmaker we have ever had at the club FACT.

From what I can gather I don't think it can be established what exactly is causing the pain, so what do you operate on?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:50 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
gillie wrote:If the club would have had the balls to make the decision to get Dave's ankles operated on at the beginning of the season we would not even be discussing him now. Best playmaker we have ever had at the club FACT.

From what I can gather I don't think it can be established what exactly is causing the pain, so what do you operate on?

What's the operation that prevents him from getting kicked in the ankles 20 times a game?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:58 am

Slim wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

What's the operation that prevents him from getting kicked in the ankles 20 times a game?

I don't know but I know someone who might:

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:47 pm

Maybe he can be like an 8 year old and wear full ankle guards:

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:55 pm

300 games for the club.

What a player.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:01 pm

PeterParker wrote:300 games for the club.

What a player.

No cake-gate either. Like Aguero, his conduct has always been spot on.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby freshie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Best City player of all time. Legend
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby aaron bond » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:01 am

Been a joy to watch for us. He's been one of our best players this season so hopefully he still has another season or 2 with us at least.

A magician on the ball.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:26 am

The single best player we have ever had in the Blue shirt. He stays as long as he wants. Freedom of Manchester.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:14 am

I love Big Dave.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site