FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Why do they feel that's a selling point? Why go to the trouble of adding those extra words? If ever logic dictated mechanisation then surely it is in the cutting of pasta.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat May 30, 2015 10:05 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Slim wrote:People getting into a debate with Martin Samuel is like getting into a knife fight with him armed with a handful of cooked spaghetti.

The way I cook spaghetti, my money's on the guy with the pasta.

related, on the dinner menu last night at this joint we ate at...was "Hand Cut Spaghetti." Coincidence?

cheers

It had blood in it? rustic
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 30, 2015 10:44 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Slim wrote:People getting into a debate with Martin Samuel is like getting into a knife fight with him armed with a handful of cooked spaghetti.

The way I cook spaghetti, my money's on the guy with the pasta.

related, on the dinner menu last night at this joint we ate at...was "Hand Cut Spaghetti." Coincidence?

cheers

It had blood in it? rustic

Well played. I didn't order it, thankfully.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:27 pm

have they ever said what the relaxed regulations will be in terms of spending?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:54 pm

phips wrote:have they ever said what the relaxed regulations will be in terms of spending?

Basically it will mean that anyone/everyone can spend as much as they want (whether, or not, they can afford it) except for one or two 'special' cases who will still have to be rigidly tied down financially, for the overall well-being of football.

Obviously the main 'culprit' who will need to be regulated further is City, because we are in danger of ruining the beautiful game and, in such cases, the existing regulations will be 'relaxed' in favour of far more stringently draconian ones.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:47 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:have they ever said what the relaxed regulations will be in terms of spending?

Basically it will mean that anyone/everyone can spend as much as they want (whether, or not, they can afford it) except for one or two 'special' cases who will still have to be rigidly tied down financially, for the overall well-being of football.

Obviously the main 'culprit' who will need to be regulated further is City, because we are in danger of ruining the beautiful game and, in such cases, the existing regulations will be 'relaxed' in favour of far more stringently draconian ones.

I believe they are only relaxed if you have the word "Milan" in your name, otherwise it's as you were for the rest of us.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:45 am

How much of our "fine" do you think we've actually paid? Surely we're doing it in installments and if so id be on the phone to Barclays at lunch to cancel the direct debit.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:50 am

Wooders wrote:How much of our "fine" do you think we've actually paid? Surely we're doing it in installments and if so id be on the phone to Barclays at lunch to cancel the direct debit.

I understood it to be in the form of withheld payments from UEFA. The money stayed in their prize pot, hence how it was shared amongst our European rivals.
I could be wrong though
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wooders » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:13 am

Yeah you're probably right there piccs
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:08 am

If I remember rightly (and so I heard later) the actual 'judgement' was so opaque and obfuscated, talk of 'if this that or the other', if we comply later etc that no one outside UEFA, City and PSG has the faintest clue.

Deliberately so, which is good. Could be that in the long run we dont actually lose anything at all, but it looked good for the press
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:23 am

It was £16 mil that was held back from the previous CL campaign. It could have been a lot more if we didn't comply.

Just think though, that £16 mil could have paid for all the tickets, for every game, for just over 5 years. We could all have gone to see City for free!

Makes you think.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:56 am

Beefymcfc wrote:It was £16 mil that was held back from the previous CL campaign. It could have been a lot more if we didn't comply.

Just think though, that £16 mil could have paid for all the tickets, for every game, for just over 5 years. We could all have gone to see City for free!

Makes you think.

That sir, is a very sobering thought. One worth mentioning to club officials when the opportunity arises :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:19 am

Wonder if there are any nerves at UEFA?

Is it corruption/racketeering to skulk around in dark rooms plotting to see if there are any fake rules to be drawn up to stop City and PSG on behalf of the 'old guard'? Wonder if any money changed hands?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:08 am

john@staustell wrote:Wonder if there are any nerves at UEFA?

Is it corruption/racketeering to skulk around in dark rooms plotting to see if there are any fake rules to be drawn up to stop City and PSG on behalf of the 'old guard'? Wonder if any money changed hands?

I'm awaiting the avalanche. I think we're only at the snowballing stage, at the moment. All it takes is one fool who's not as smart as he thinks he is to open his mouth too much, and let more slip than he meant to. A bit like Delaney in The FAI.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:38 am

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:55 am

PeterParker wrote:What FTP? What rules?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... llion.html

This has nothing to do with FFP. Barcelona's transfer ban is a punishment from FIFA for not following the rules when signing under-aged players.
FFP is UEFA's pet project.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:20 am

mr_nool wrote:

This has nothing to do with FFP. Barcelona's transfer ban is a punishment from FIFA for not following the rules when signing under-aged players.

Yes, but if it is FIFA's, should not apply under UEFA's competitions? That is the whole mess of it. It is like UEFA will ban us for using let's say, Denayer, in the Premiership, it makes no sense. What i am pointing out is that the FTP and the other rules, apply different with the name of the clubs, some will get crucified, some will get a hall pass every time.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:15 pm

PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Yes, but if it is FIFA's, should not apply under UEFA's competitions? That is the whole mess of it. It is like UEFA will ban us for using let's say, Denayer, in the Premiership, it makes no sense. What i am pointing out is that the FTP and the other rules, apply different with the name of the clubs, some will get crucified, some will get a hall pass every time.

Has nothing to do with FIFA/UEFA but has to do with EU law.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:48 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Has nothing to do with FIFA/UEFA but has to do with EU law.

It was a FIFA ban, which was appealed and the appeal was handled by Cas.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:49 am

MEN reporting unnamed French sources that any relaxation of FFP rules may not apply to us or PSG until 2019 because we have infringed existing rules. Let me get this straight. We allegedly 'infringed' existing rules which are now on the brink of collapse under the weight of legal challenges. I hope the Club realise that it's no more Mr nice guy with this shit. We're in profit this year so the suspended part of the punishment disappears. Our summer transfer net spend will be heavy but any row with UEFA would be next year, I suppose. We cannot give houseroom to any attempt to create new rules to catch us. We must fight if it comes to it. Thankfully Khaldoun sounded determined to push on with our investment. No more 'pinches' can be accepted.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum