FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 21, 2015 9:10 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Yes, very cheap to buy in euros at the moment. Currently Aguero's 40 million euros cost us about 28 and a half million quid!

Yeah & guess what I'm going to get paid in, for the most part, over the next few months.

Peanuts?

Magic beans.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:54 am

A lot of people talking about the likes of Villa and Newcastle and Everton maybe being ripe for a take-over. If any of them are fortunate enough to have the luck we have had, when it comes to the intentions of potential owners, then good luck to them. I certainly wouldn't begrudge any of them the chance to add more competition to the likes of Arsenal and United. I think Liverpool are already fucked unless they sell up and even at that they will still be years behind.
What I would really like though is to see West Ham getting significant investment to go along with their new ground and have them oust Tottenham and Arsenal as the leading London club along with Chelsea. They've suffered for years like we did and payback would be sweet for them.

Years ago, I wouldn't have had the hatred for Liverpool that most on here do. My best mate and a lot of my mates were Liverpool supporters. But to me they are the biggest disappointment over the couple of decades of the Premiership League. When you consider the reasons for the Premiership and who pushed for it, Liverpool above all else were the one team with the fan base and resources to do what united did and they basically mis-managed from a winning position and spunked away any competitiveness they had with United and left it for Arsenal, who ultimately proved dismal. If it wasn't for Chelsea and now Us, United would be winning every year and the league would be as bad as in Germany. They didn't invest in their ground and facilities and their fans seem content to live in the past. We didn't start how football has gone, but we sure as hell are going to lead the way in where it is going. They along with a few others started this but haven't kept up.

Time for new blood. My first choice out of the rest of the league would be for The Hammers to be next.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu May 21, 2015 11:06 am

That is absolutely correct. They had every advantage to add to their tally of titles many times. Really remarkable effort to get it so wrong.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:36 am

***SSN BREAKING NEWS***

SSN has been told by a top lawyer the reason FFP is being relaxed is because the EU have told them many parts of it are unenforceable in European law!!!

Shamelessly lifted from BlueMoon.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby walshawblue » Thu May 21, 2015 3:42 pm

BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 22, 2015 10:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Yes, very cheap to buy in euros at the moment. Currently Aguero's 40 million euros cost us about 28 and a half million quid!

Yeah & guess what I'm going to get paid in, for the most part, over the next few months.

Peanuts?

Magic beans.

I thought that was Greek currency?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 22, 2015 10:50 pm

walshawblue wrote:http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/president/news/newsid=2249888.html#financial+fair+play+objective+remains+same

an interview with Platini

I hope that fucking truffle hunter gives us our money back.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri May 22, 2015 10:59 pm

walshawblue wrote:http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/president/news/newsid=2249888.html#financial+fair+play+objective+remains+same

an interview with Platini

Odious fucking slug (Platini)
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 24, 2015 1:03 pm

I heard the news this week about the relaxation of the rules and just shook my head, in that cynical way we do. We get penalised until the likes of Milan are mentioned by that fuck-toid cunt that runs Bayern and the ECA.

Realising that it will affect the top teams spending plans, such as the Rags, they now want to allow massive one off investments into the system but show in the long-run that they can break even, just like we've done!

Fucking bent bastards! If anybody had any doubts about what this was really about, you've just got your answer.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I heard the news this week about the relaxation of the rules and just shook my head, in that cynical way we do. We get penalised until the likes of Milan are mentioned by that fuck-toid cunt that runs Bayern and the ECA.

Realising that it will affect the top teams spending plans, such as the Rags, they now want to allow massive one off investments into the system but show in the long-run that they can break even, just like we've done!

Fucking bent bastards! If anybody had any doubts about what this was really about, you've just got your answer.

Surely, after all this time and developments such as this, there can't be any innocent, naive souls who still somehow believe and maintain that there's no 'agenda' ??

If anyone does still deny this, I'd like to know which planet they're living on as it must be a truly wonderful world.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 24, 2015 1:30 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I heard the news this week about the relaxation of the rules and just shook my head, in that cynical way we do. We get penalised until the likes of Milan are mentioned by that fuck-toid cunt that runs Bayern and the ECA.

Surely, after all this time and developments such as this, there can't be any innocent, naive souls who still somehow believe and maintain that there's no 'agenda' ??

If anyone does still deny this, I'd like to know which planet they're living on as it must be a truly wonderful world.

LookMum....Hes the only cunt that believes theres no agenda.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 24, 2015 2:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

LookMum....Hes the only cunt that believes theres no agenda.

Who?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 28, 2015 10:35 pm

Thought I'd bump this with yet another splendid article from Martin Samuel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ay-it.html

Too long to cut and paste, but here's one of the highligts from the q&a's at the end.

FFP might not be perfect but something is needed. Give me Rochdale and a billion and I'll make them champions of Europe. For the select few, Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris St Germain, those clubs don't need to develop young players, don't need to struggle for years to create winning teams that attract supporters that pay their money to watch the team to make them able to afford to buy and pay players with which to challenge again. They only need Russian or Arab oil money. Roman Abramovich just bought the Premier League the year after the Abu Dhabi group bought it. How is that any fair on the rest? At least Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool compete with money and resources that are their own. Peter Maher, San Francisco.

So what is the Etihad campus if not an attempt to develop young players? Chelsea spend fortunes on youth development every season, too. The oil money was the push to get started. Now those clubs will be increasingly expected to stand on their own two feet. Remind me again? Was it Chelsea who bought Manchester United’s player of the year for £37.1m last year, or the other way around? And as for the struggle to create a title-winning team? How much of a struggle was it for United to buy Peter Schmeichel, Steve Bruce, Dennis Irwin, Gary Pallister, Paul Parker, Paul Ince, Andrei Kanchelskis, Eric Cantona, Brian McClair, Mark Hughes and the rest of that first Premier League winning squad? Do you know how many players made over 15 appearances in that season and were not bought? One: Ryan Giggs. So wind you neck in. Just because you now think you’ve backed the wrong horse over in San Francisco doesn’t give you a place on the high moral ground.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 29, 2015 12:25 am

patrickblue wrote:Thought I'd bump this with yet another splendid article from Martin Samuel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ay-it.html

Too long to cut and paste, but here's one of the highligts from the q&a's at the end.

FFP might not be perfect but something is needed. Give me Rochdale and a billion and I'll make them champions of Europe. For the select few, Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris St Germain, those clubs don't need to develop young players, don't need to struggle for years to create winning teams that attract supporters that pay their money to watch the team to make them able to afford to buy and pay players with which to challenge again. They only need Russian or Arab oil money. Roman Abramovich just bought the Premier League the year after the Abu Dhabi group bought it. How is that any fair on the rest? At least Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool compete with money and resources that are their own. Peter Maher, San Francisco.

So what is the Etihad campus if not an attempt to develop young players? Chelsea spend fortunes on youth development every season, too. The oil money was the push to get started. Now those clubs will be increasingly expected to stand on their own two feet. Remind me again? Was it Chelsea who bought Manchester United’s player of the year for £37.1m last year, or the other way around? And as for the struggle to create a title-winning team? How much of a struggle was it for United to buy Peter Schmeichel, Steve Bruce, Dennis Irwin, Gary Pallister, Paul Parker, Paul Ince, Andrei Kanchelskis, Eric Cantona, Brian McClair, Mark Hughes and the rest of that first Premier League winning squad? Do you know how many players made over 15 appearances in that season and were not bought? One: Ryan Giggs. So wind you neck in. Just because you now think you’ve backed the wrong horse over in San Francisco doesn’t give you a place on the high moral ground.

Beautiful
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Fri May 29, 2015 10:34 am

The Rochdale point should countered with 'as long as they dont appoint Harry Rednapp'.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Fri May 29, 2015 11:28 am

People getting into a debate with Martin Samuel is like getting into a knife fight with him armed with a handful of cooked spaghetti.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:43 am

Slim wrote:People getting into a debate with Martin Samuel is like getting into a knife fight with him armed with a handful of cooked spaghetti.

Huh?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Fri May 29, 2015 11:46 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Slim wrote:People getting into a debate with Martin Samuel is like getting into a knife fight with him armed with a handful of cooked spaghetti.

Huh?

Yes, you.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri May 29, 2015 12:04 pm

The way I cook spaghetti, my money's on the guy with the pasta.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

The way I cook spaghetti, my money's on the guy with the pasta.

related, on the dinner menu last night at this joint we ate at...was "Hand Cut Spaghetti." Coincidence?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum