FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP - time to challenge it's legality

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:02 pm

dazby wrote:Doesn't the premier league restrictions still apply? I think it was 50 mill in the red over 3 years was the limit.

Wannabe buzzkill.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:56 am

The whole UEFA FFP is just a mess from start to finish. However, let's not forget it has not served it's purpose. Namely, to try and stop City and PSG or anyone else for that matter, breaking into the top echelons of the game and to protect those clubs at the trough, G14.

We have come through the sanctions, unfairly and probably unlawfully imposed, stronger and in better financial health. It could be argued that FFP has done us a favour in that our revenue streams have probably increased the way they have, because they have had to, to enable us to keep up. We are now one of the big boys. You only have to look at the saga of Pogba. A couple of years ago, if Barca wanted a player that we might have also wanted, he would very likely go to Barca. That is now different.

FFP for City I think is a thing of the past, our income and projected profitability now mean we can spend big money without worries, just like the rags or Barca and Madrid. The academy is the pride of the sporting world and will bear fruit very soon.

I for one hope to draw a line under the sand with a big FUCK YOU to Platini et all and say 'WE WON'
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:38 am

nottsblue wrote:The whole UEFA FFP is just a mess from start to finish. However, let's not forget it has not served it's purpose. Namely, to try and stop City and PSG or anyone else for that matter, breaking into the top echelons of the game and to protect those clubs at the trough, G14.

We have come through the sanctions, unfairly and probably unlawfully imposed, stronger and in better financial health. It could be argued that FFP has done us a favour in that our revenue streams have probably increased the way they have, because they have had to, to enable us to keep up. We are now one of the big boys. You only have to look at the saga of Pogba. A couple of years ago, if Barca wanted a player that we might have also wanted, he would very likely go to Barca. That is now different.

FFP for City I think is a thing of the past, our income and projected profitability now mean we can spend big money without worries, just like the rags or Barca and Madrid. The academy is the pride of the sporting world and will bear fruit very soon.

I for one hope to draw a line under the sand with a big FUCK YOU to Platini et all and say 'WE WON'

It's great that we have fast tracked revenue streams.

That's where it ends.

Everything else about it has worked and continues to serve the purpose they intended it to.
Legally, you can't stop the rich guy out bidding you... but these cunts did the best job I've ever seen on trying to make it illegal... and with a rule that has the word "fair" in it.

They knew it would only last about 5 years max.

Fucking genius
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:10 am

Original Dub wrote:
nottsblue wrote:The whole UEFA FFP is just a mess from start to finish. However, let's not forget it has not served it's purpose. Namely, to try and stop City and PSG or anyone else for that matter, breaking into the top echelons of the game and to protect those clubs at the trough, G14.

It's great that we have fast tracked revenue streams.

That's where it ends.

Everything else about it has worked and continues to serve the purpose they intended it to.
Legally, you can't stop the rich guy out bidding you... but these cunts did the best job I've ever seen on trying to make it illegal... and with a rule that has the word "fair" in it.

They knew it would only last about 5 years max.

Fucking genius

Surely it has failed though in its original guise, in that we are still at the top table?
nottsblue

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:14 am

No mate, they knew it would never last... the idea was to gain a few more years if possible.

It was a cracking plan considering it was illegal and completely formulated to protect the cartel.

It's still exists right now when everyone knows it's illegal.

Hats off.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:28 am

Original Dub wrote:No mate, they knew it would never last... the idea was to gain a few more years if possible.

It was a cracking plan considering it was illegal and completely formulated to protect the cartel.

It's still exists right now when everyone knows it's illegal.

Hats off.

It does still exist, but we have shown it can be beaten. Had we and PSG not took Platini and UEFA on, then we would be in a far worse position
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:41 am

The biggest thing for me was how it restricted our bidding for the very top players, allowing other clubs to have a free run at all the top names.

Then, as soon as it affects one of their crowd, the release them to do so.

Fucking cheating cunts and even though we all know who this was aimed at, they continue the pretence.

David Gill heading up the board for fuck sake!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:02 am

Beefymcfc wrote:The biggest thing for me was how it restricted our bidding for the very top players, allowing other clubs to have a free run at all the top names.

Fucking cheating cunts and even though we all know who this was aimed at, they continue the pretence.

Even if ffp never effects us again, that one season where we tried to get in through the gate, & the subsequent season of sanction, has hugely improved the position of Arsenal, Utd & Chelsea, even Liverpool. Also rival clubs abroad such as Bayern have had two extra years of keeping us significantly behind them.

It could be argued PSG have also gained on us, by the fact of spending whatever the fuck they wanted, then only getting the same punishment as us.

How much would an advantage like that be worth, in the world of big business ? A bunch of rival companies get to handicap the biggest growing company & biggest threat, for a couple of years, whilst they try to get their shit together ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Soriano wasn't trying to improve the commercial position because of FFP. It was always the Club's strategy. The pinch was a bit more than a pinch but as long as we invest wisely this window it will be a blip in the rear view mirror.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:The biggest thing for me was how it restricted our bidding for the very top players, allowing other clubs to have a free run at all the top names.

Even if ffp never effects us again, that one season where we tried to get in through the gate, & the subsequent season of sanction, has hugely improved the position of Arsenal, Utd & Chelsea, even Liverpool. Also rival clubs abroad such as Bayern have had two extra years of keeping us significantly behind them.

It could be argued PSG have also gained on us, by the fact of spending whatever the fuck they wanted, then only getting the same punishment as us.

How much would an advantage like that be worth, in the world of big business ? A bunch of rival companies get to handicap the biggest growing company & biggest threat, for a couple of years, whilst they try to get their shit together ?

I think we've been trying to balance the books for a few seasons now and it stopped us trying for many. The fact that so many of the top players were swapped between the old G14 last season says to me that they were well aware of what was going on.

We've been had off big time and if for nothing more than we could have pushed the price tag up for the likes of the Rags, if we'd been allowed to compete.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:58 pm

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/manchester ... play-tweak

Relaxed FFP rules leaving Man City fans smarting

There aren't many industries in the world where a business's profits and losses are dealt with like they are with football clubs and Financial Fair Play Regulations (FFPR). In any other line of work, what the company can spend is largely dependent on the money they have made and the projections of what funds will be coming in over the next few years. And, of course, the owner can invest whatever they like in order to make it grow.

Which makes football bizarre. Certain losses don't count -- such as the costs of building a new stadium or investment into youth academies -- in order to, according to the European governing body, avoid constraining the development of the sport. Other losses would be in breach of FFPR; the biggest and most-high-profile aspect of this would be transfer fees and wages.

This week, it's been confirmed that Manchester City have had their FFPR sanctions lifted which were imposed on the club in May 2014. Back then, the club decided begrudgingly to accept the fine, the reduced Champions League squad and the capped net spend for the following transfer window. Now, though, it looks like it was a contributing factor (not the only one, mind you) in Manuel Pellegrini's side not achieving what they'd have hoped to in 2014-15.

It was a bitter pill to swallow, since the club seemed to be under the impression that they were going to pass the criteria in 2014 and expressed disappointment at having worked with UEFA to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to.

On that front, it's easy to understand why the fans would feel unfairly targeted. When FFPR was originally approved, it was seen as a way of protecting clubs from "doing a Portsmouth" -- racking up debts reportedly around £135 million before twice entering administration -- but it became a way of protecting the elite from others "doing a Manchester City" -- spending lots of money, such as a £120 million outlay prior to the 2009-10 season, to become more successful and entertaining to break the barriers into the European elite.

It's been the case for some time, but without major investment no team can break its way to the top table and start to eat more than a couple of meals there before security comes along and asks them to leave.

Even now, it looks like UEFA are intending to move the goalposts again in order to allow some clubs to spend a little more in the way of transfers. They call it a "voluntary settlement", which allows sides to speak to UEFA before spending beyond their means to get an exemption. Of course, which spending plans pass and which fail will come down to the governing body itself.

Under new plans, it seems that if the capital is laid down before any of it is spent, then that should go a long way to protecting a club from falling foul of the rules. But that sticks in the throat of City supporters and understandably so. To see others potentially not be punished for similar infractions would be like jabbing a hornet's nest with a stick.

Why, after the club has been hit and had a stifled season, have the rules been relaxed? Of course, the easing should help Pellegrini's side, but that's not the point -- it's the principle. Others who might have suffered as City did could now get off scot-free.

City have never been in danger of going out of business since the 2008 takeover. The transfer deals that have been put in place haven't been funded by promises and the club's owner is investing in his business rather than saddling it with debt. Sheikh Mansour has always provided the capital up front, which is now a contributing factor in whether spending beyond one's means is allowed.

There's a big case of double standards going on here. City might well now be free from the sanctions, but the club will be asking the question why they were ever bound to them in the first place. And even now, there's the danger of future punishments should this summer's spending arbitrarily be deemed too much by UEFA, so it's not exactly like the club can go out and wave a few blank cheques around.

FFPR is stifling competition among the European elite and has been implemented as nothing more than a way to stop the likes of Manchester City circa 2008 getting ideas above their station. It's UEFA's way of telling everyone to know their place.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:04 pm

^^^^
Pretty good. It's straight to the heart of the matter without over complicating things.
I really hope this transfer window pans out the way we hope, because I can't help feeling it could be the start of a sea change in attitudes globally.
Us making a real statement would make the world sit up. The media will follow.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:51 pm

I see Ted getting a lot of kudos on Bluemoon for a little riposte of his to some plank of an Arsenal fan called Tony Attwood.
If it was you Ted it was a very nicely controlled, concise, put down of the whole buying your way to the top, argument.
Well done sir.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:30 pm

Cheating b'stards!

Ps. You got that post IWT12?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:35 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheating b'stards!

No comprende!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:36 am

http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/44588
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/44588

Ah sorry Beefy didn't realise you were asking for the link. Thanks to FIBD there it is. As you can see, the Gooner is a nob.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Those sorts of comment trains are infuriating.

You either say nothing or enter a shouting match with a bunch of mouth breathing morons who overuse punctuation to make a point!!!! And I'm not sure you can make a dent in their opinion or post in enough "volume" to get over the din of the uninformed chorus anyway, so what's the point?

Maybe we should start posting our own pieces to this website and get MRM to open them up to comments so we can ridicule other clubs' posters on our own patch.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:57 pm

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:17 pm

PeterParker wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33591332

Comedy.