Pep Guardiola - football genius??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardiola - football genius??

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:50 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:"Pep is the least gamble out of any candidate for the job. If someone suggests otherwise, they are talking bollocks."

Sounds an awful lot like this to me:

AntMcfc wrote:your opinion will mean very little to me because I know I'm right.

I think what Ted is saying is, Pep is proven at the very top with quality football, big name players, has won many trophies and is probably the most sought after manager in the world. Therefore you could say he is kinda right!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Believe it or not I was going to post this BEFORE the Porto win.

I'm going to play devils advocate on this one based on the fact that he isn't showing signs of CLEARLY wanting the job now (why 2016? who are we to wait and throw a season away?) and all blues are talking as if we will achieve global dominance quickly with him in charge (much like Bluemoon does when we are linked with a player nobody has seen play).

1) Champions League

Bayern - Last year - 5-0 aggregate loss to Madrid in the semis
This year - Embarassed by Porto in the first leg (no doubt they will go through as Porto have their full backs suspended for the second leg)
2) We have beat his full strength team twice, and an under strength team once.
3) he is competing in a one horse race; hand picking the best players (usually from Dortmund).
4) I can't think of anymore as my planned in depth argument against him being the all singing/dancing messiah has gone flat as I can't be arsed......
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:28 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:"Pep is the least gamble out of any candidate for the job. If someone suggests otherwise, they are talking bollocks."

Sounds an awful lot like this to me:

AntMcfc wrote:your opinion will mean very little to me because I know I'm right.

I don't give a shite what it sounds like, it's fucking true. If Mourinho was potentially available & Pep wasn't, there would be no question he could do the job & be less of a gamble than Klopp or the other candidates either. I wouldn't want him because he's Mourinho but there would be no question he would be the least likely to fail.

Pep is the same. That doesn't mean someone else can't be a success & turn out to be better, but anyone who says they know that on the evidence so far is just telling lies.

Pep is the strongest candidate we have been linked with.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bayblue » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:42 pm

I hope no one can take from my original post that I don't think he's the strongest candidate (other than Maureen) for any managerial vacancy anywhere in the world.
What I was musing on was that despite those great credentials then:
A. At Bayern he's had a few difficulties in Europe
B. There are undeniably rumblings from the fans who watch them week in week out about his style of play

I was attempting to contrast that with what appeared to be an overriding view of many of the pundits on this forum that he and only he is the one for us.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Herb » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Nick wrote:Believe it or not I was going to post this BEFORE the Porto win.

I'm going to play devils advocate on this one based on the fact that he isn't showing signs of CLEARLY wanting the job now (why 2016? who are we to wait and throw a season away?) and all blues are talking as if we will achieve global dominance quickly with him in charge (much like Bluemoon does when we are linked with a player nobody has seen play).

1) Champions League

Bayern - Last year - 5-0 aggregate loss to Madrid in the semis
This year - Embarassed by Porto in the first leg (no doubt they will go through as Porto have their full backs suspended for the second leg)
2) We have beat his full strength team twice, and an under strength team once.
3) he is competing in a one horse race; hand picking the best players (usually from Dortmund).
4) I can't think of anymore as my planned in depth argument against him being the all singing/dancing messiah has gone flat as I can't be arsed......

This gets my vote - I'm not entirely convinced either. Just putting my trust in the club is all.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby blues2win » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:42 pm

He had 14 fit players with so much talent not available. I see the medical staff have resigned because they felt they were being blamed. Maybe this mini meltdown will mean he's available this summer. If so we should take him like a shot and we will, too.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Bayern team doctor Müller-Wohlfahrt quits

Bayern Munich doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt has quit with immediate effect after almost four decades on the job. The Munich-based doctor cited a "damaged relationship of trust" as the reason for his departure.

Bayern Munich's iconic team doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt, 72, made the announcement for himself and his staff the day after Munich lost a Champions League quarterfinal match 3-1 in Porto.

"After the Champions League game ... the main blame for the defeat was put on the medical department for reasons we don't understand," he said in a press statement sent to various German news agencies on Thursday evening.

Bayern Munich were apparently caught off-guard by the resignation from Müller-Wohlfahrt. "We have not heard about this press release, so we can't comment on it," said Bayern's press boss Markus Hörwick to SID.

Munich have a long injury list featuring the likes of Bastian Schweinsteiger, Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and David Alaba. The team is currently competing in three competitions at this end of the season. They lead the Bundesliga, and are also still involved in the German Cup (known in Germany as the DFB Pokal) and the UEFA Champions League.

There have been disputes in the past between Müller-Wohlfahrt, and coach Pep Guardiola. The Munich-based doctor will continue to work for Germany's national team.

http://www.dw.de/bayern-team-doctor-m%C ... a-18388726
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Perhaps Pep is staying then. Perhaps going to get the bloke from Barca who had Xavi running about like a 20 year old &who probably keeps Keith Richards alive in his spare time.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Perhaps Pep is staying then. Perhaps going to get the bloke from Barca who had Xavi running about like a 20 year old &who probably keeps Keith Richards alive in his spare time.

If he can get Yaya to run towards his own goal or Dzeko to jump, he'll be worth every penny.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bigblue » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:43 am

Pep looks like quite the cunt:

https://vine.co/v/ezhLtxI7hnm

Seems when things don't go his way he acts like a baby. Much like when he lost to some MLS team in pre-season and refused to shake the other coach's hand.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:54 am

bigblue wrote:Pep looks like quite the cunt:

Seems when things don't go his way he acts like a baby. Much like when he lost to some MLS team in pre-season and refused to shake the other coach's hand.

I don't understand what he's done wrong in that video??

And on the not shaking hands with the other manager there could be a million reasons for it. What about if the other manager was a cretin in the style of Pardew or Pulis? I wouldn't want to shake their hand either.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:14 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Perhaps Pep is staying then. Perhaps going to get the bloke from Barca who had Xavi running about like a 20 year old &who probably keeps Keith Richards alive in his spare time.

The same bloke who pumped Messi full of growth hormone (legitimately) and conveniently declared Neymar anaemic so he could be pumped full of extra red blood cells before the start of his first season?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:22 am

We have seen Guardiola as a manager for fucking years now, his sides playing dream football, no reason for doubts, complaints about personality, anything. A coach admired the world over, & as far as most in football who have met him are concerned; a gentleman.

As links with City get stronger, so the destruction of his record in football & the character assassination begins. On the academy thread, we get in the FA Youth Cup final, the semis of the International cup, in reach of the U21 title, & some cunt appears from nowhere, to cast accusations in public about an unnamed individual for something which allegedly happened 6 months ago.

I fucking despair of the streak of misery which runs through this club & is constanly fed & encouraged by both insiders & outsiders.

We are never allowed to just do something right. Even our titles get written off as nothing by our own fans.

If Klopp gets the job, some fucker will find something on him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:24 am

Dameerto wrote:

The same bloke who pumped Messi full of growth hormone (legitimately) and conveniently declared Neymar anaemic so he could be pumped full of extra red blood cells before the start of his first season?

Haha yeah.

That's what we need with Yaya. Or give him some of whatever the rags gave Paul Ince.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:29 am

I would LOVE to see him doing this to LVG,Arsene,Jose and more than the rest Brendan.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:50 am

Mase wrote:

Mocking his medical team after Benatia got injured. Allegedly.

Ted Hughes wrote:As links with City get stronger, so the destruction of his record in football & the character assassination begins.

The tinfoil is strong with this one.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:58 am

Ted Hughes wrote:We have seen Guardiola as a manager for fucking years now, his sides playing dream football, no reason for doubts, complaints about personality, anything. A coach admired the world over, & as far as most in football who have met him are concerned; a gentleman.

As links with City get stronger, so the destruction of his record in football & the character assassination begins. On the academy thread, we get in the FA Youth Cup final, the semis of the International cup, in reach of the U21 title, & some cunt appears from nowhere, to cast accusations in public about an unnamed individual for something which allegedly happened 6 months ago.

I fucking despair of the streak of misery which runs through this club & is constanly fed & encouraged by both insiders & outsiders.

We are never allowed to just do something right. Even our titles get written off as nothing by our own fans.

If Klopp gets the job, some fucker will find something on him.

Top post Ted, the sooner blues realise we are almost always in lock down the fake cunts like Hose yes Hose not Jose will have like Rednose dumbing down and shit stirring. Where Pellergrini has had it tough like Mancini, is the press hates us. He has been left to deal with the sarcastic cunts, same again today I bet.. So the rules of the game should be fuck em say nowt ban some and make it clear, allbe it 4yrs to late, go fuck your selfs. If Paddy got the job it would be very interesting to see our the wankers treated him. All time Premier League great. Pep being attacked in the British media, blue flag that he is a maybe....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:58 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Mase wrote:

Mocking his medical team after Benatia got injured. Allegedly.

Ted Hughes wrote:As links with City get stronger, so the destruction of his record in football & the character assassination begins.

The tinfoil is strong with this one.

Just watch. It's started already. The natural misery of some City fans plus the need from rivals to undermine the club from outside; if Pep does come here, both elements will be at it on a regular basis.

Same will happen with Vieira if he gets promoted. Too much of an edgy character etc. Klopp will get it. Mentally unstable.

Guaranteed.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:12 am

You're delusional. There has been criticism while he was at Barca. Character assassination? How about the whole Tito episode. Or Zlatan's book. He is managing the most hated club in Germany. The world doesn't revolve around Manchester City, wake up.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 am

Mase wrote:

And on the not shaking hands with the other manager there could be a million reasons for it. What about if the other manager was a cretin in the style of Pardew or Pulis? I wouldn't want to shake their hand either.

reason why Pep was angry in the MLS friendly game from Landon Donovan who was a studio guest

Speaking after the match to ESPN, LA Galaxy striker Donovan said: "I understand he doesn't want his players to get hurt.

"They're not great tackles but they're not the worst tackles I've ever seen and I hope [Bastian Schweinsteiger]'s not hurt."

Schweinsteiger had to be withdrawn after a heavy tackle late in the game.

Bayern now return to Germany where they will face Borussia Dortmund in the Super Cup on 13 August. The Bundesliga season starts on 22 August.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum