Rafa Benitez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Rafa Benitez

Postby Crossie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:54 am

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... r-City-job

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaahaha

FUCK OFF

Keep Pellers
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Re: Rafa Benitez

Postby Clowncrete » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:53 am

I don't get why so many fans dislike Benitez. He is a proven winner and I can't think of a better cup expert than him apart from maybe Ancellotti.

His main weakness is that his transfers are often poor, but he won't have full control over transfers here anyway.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby sheblue » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:10 pm

He is POISED to be the next manager, for fuck sake.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Clowncrete wrote:I don't get why so many fans dislike Benitez. He is a proven winner and I can't think of a better cup expert than him apart from maybe Ancellotti.

His main weakness is that his transfers are often poor, but he won't have full control over transfers here anyway.

I dislike him because he talked a good game but never got the better of the scum. Unlike jose who had their number, he just talked like he did and they always bottled it
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:34 pm

No
Fucking
Way.

Absolutely not. I will have a fucking canary if this cunt signs for us.
Original Dub

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Same type of manager as Mancini but without the charm. Good at winning cups with other people's teams. Terrible at assembling his own teams.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby SkyBlueSteve » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Same type of manager as Mancini but without the charm. Good at winning cups with other people's teams. Terrible at assembling his own teams.

Agree with this completely. He also has a tendency to lose dressing rooms when things aren't going his way. Liverpool fans see him through rose tinted glasses, fairly so because he won them the champions league but his lasting impression on me beyond that is when he tried to sell Alonso to buy Barry. I like GazBaz as much as the next guy but that is a ridiculous move.
SkyBlueSteve
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:14 pm

*Don't read posts, say 'fuck off' to thread title. Sorted!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:15 am

Cheeky Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero says former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is too fat to coach his team.

The Spaniard who steered the Reds to their last European Cup triumph 10 years ago next month is expected to leave his current role at Napoli at the end of this season but is unlikely to be heading to the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.

The outspoken chief of the Genoa-based club made his unflattering remarks about Benitez’s girth in a typically zany interview on Radio Crc.

Reacting to reports that current coach Sinisa Mihajlovic will be departing Sampdoria this summer, Ferrero said: “As far as I am concerned, he’s staying. If he were to leave, I’d know who to replace him with.

“Paulo Sousa’s not going to be Sampdoria’s next coach, it will be [Italian comedy actor] Lino Banfi.”

“I could take Benitez, but I’d have to take him to see a dietitian first.”

“Anyway, if Mihajlovic does leave, I’ve already got a replacement. You all say he’s leaving, even if I don’t know anything about it.”

Film producer Ferrero is no stranger to courting controversy with his outbursts and so far this season he apologised for referring to Inter’s Indonesian owner Erick Thohir as “that Filipino” and saying that he should have been kicked out by the club while he claimed that his Palermo counterpart, Maurizio Zamparini, threatened to kill him in a row over the Paraguay midfielder Édgar Barreto.

Benitez, who still owns his house in Wirral, is expected back on Merseyside on May 25 for a Reds reunion a decade on from their penalty shoot-out triumph over Milan in Istanbul.

Since departing Anfield in 2010, the 55-year-old had a short-lived spell at Inter and returned to the Premier League as Chelsea’s interim manager during the 2012/13 season, leading the Londoners to Europa League glory before embarking on his current role in Naples in 2013.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...m-says-9097440
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:04 pm

He's too fat to coach
He's too fat to co-o-oach
Rafa Benitez - he's too fat to coach
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Who are all the paella?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Who took the order, then ate all the paella
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:37 pm

nottsblue wrote:Who took the order, then ate all the paella

most boring functional paella ever. Just the yellow rice, with two bits of chorizo, one mussel and some shrimps, maybe 4. And he'd have bought a shit ton of ingredients that just never worked themselves into the recipe.

That or he'd serve a Chicken Biryani and it would win an award for Best Paella Ever in like Germany or something.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:51 pm

I bet (Italian comedy actor) Lino Banfi is absolutely fucking hilarious.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum