the scottish fa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

the scottish fa

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:52 pm

doing the unbelievable and making their english counterparts look competent

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/foo ... --sow.html
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: the scottish fa

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:12 pm

To be fair Chinners' Monster Raving Loony Party could make the English FA look competent.

Still missed the blatant handball though
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:36 pm

it's not often I agree with FIFA but who the heck are the Scottish FA to say it was deliberate?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:36 am

Dameerto wrote:it's not often I agree with FIFA but who the heck are the Scottish FA to say it was deliberate?

Agreed. I would like to see the incident but if the situation was anything like the player described it this sounds silly.
In fact, shouldn't it be the ref who gets the ban if anyone is getting a retrospective ban?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:31 pm

It looks like common sense has won the day after all:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32402364

Inverness Caledonian Thistle defender Josh Meekings can play in the Scottish Cup final after his retrospective one-game suspension was dismissed.

The Highlanders appealed against a Scottish FA ban after Meekings handled a goalbound Leigh Griffiths header in the 3-2 semi-final win over Celtic.

On Thursday, an independent judicial panel cleared the Englishman, 22, to face Falkirk in the 30 May showpiece.

A delighted Meekings said on Twitter: "Back to business now. Cannot wait."

SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan had charged Meekings with breaking disciplinary rule 200 by "denying the opposing team an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball".

But it is understood the independent panel decided that it had been "an honest mistake" by the officials and that they were not minded to change the referee's decision.

In his report, referee Steven McLean had explained he had sought the advice of Alan Muir - the official behind the goal - and was told by him that he thought the ball had struck the defender's head.

As the panel gathered to make their decision, Inverness manager John Hughes was critical of the SFA for bringing a case of hand ball to the judicial panel for the first time.

"I think the whole of Scottish football, or British football, know there is a real injustice here," he said.

"First and foremost, he shouldn't be up there in the first place.

"I am a little bit embarrassed. Scottish football is getting dragged through the mud a little bit and I think there's a little more to it than we're seeing.

"You can open up a whole can of worms and, even if it goes in our favour, I don't think we have heard the end of this."

Hughes, who said the disciplinary procedure needed reform, claimed it was not the first time that Inverness have been treated unfairly.

"Going back to semi-final kick-off times, playing Hearts at Easter Road right in the middle of Edinburgh... I just think sometimes Inverness get treated with contempt and I just think this is the next version of that," he said.

Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron expressed his delight for Meekings.

"The result means that the club can now fully appreciate the achievement of reaching it's first-ever Scottish Cup final," he said.

Meekings' hand ball came at a time when Celtic were 1-0 ahead, but Inverness went on to win after extra-time.

Celtic, who had goalkeeper Craig Gordon sent off, wrote to the SFA to ask why Meekings was not dismissed and a penalty awarded.

Gary Warren, Meekings' regular central defensive partner, was already suspended for the final after picking up a second yellow card.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to The Maine Football forum