Vieira - cometh the hour?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira - cometh the hour?

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:31 am

We can actually afford to have a season like this one & there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that we won't get one under either Klopp or Vieira or Ancelotti.

Whether you like it or not, we are in this thing called a 'competition' .

Out of those 3 managers, the one who would be least likely to get the team performing in his style in a short space of time, with half a team of players coming back from internationals & a bunch who have never met each other, is Klopp. For the simple reason that his style would mean huge changes in every aspect. A much bigger change than from Mancini to Pelllegrini, which itself was a struggle initially.

Just because he turns up, all the players instantly become fitter & faster & able to play his pressing style ? Why ?

Why should his changes work any quicker than Van Gaal's did ? Why would we be better at it than Dortmund are now ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:We can actually afford to have a season like this one & there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that we won't get one under either Klopp or Vieira or Ancelotti.

Out of those 3 managers, the one who would be least likely to get the team performing in his style in a short space of time, with half a team of players coming back from internationals & a bunch who have never met each other, is Klopp. For the simple reason that his style would mean huge changes in every aspect. A much bigger change than from Mancini to Pelllegrini, which itself was a struggle initially.

Just because he turns up, all the players instantly become fitter & faster & able to play his pressing style ? Why ?

Why should his changes work any quicker than Van Gaal's did ? Why would we be better at it than Dortmund are now ?

But why Ted ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:38 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Vantage wrote:It would take some real belief from Khaldoon et el to let Paddy take control but I'm not sure the sporting director/revolving coach thing works in the Premier Leauge BUT as you rightly say letting him in now might be too early. However I would rather see Paddy learn on the job for a season than that fat mercenary tw-t Benetez coming in for a one year pay day and then Pep strolling in. Frankly anyone (even Steve McMahon) could have made a fist of managing Barcelona and Bayern the next city manager needs to build and buy Pep has always had the best of the best on a plate with a machine around him:

Pep: "OK Lionel, when you get the ball, beat six players and kick it in the goal"
Lionel: "Si Boss"
Pep: "Xavi control the middle, break up play and feed the Lionel, he will score, but if you can't get him the ball score 25 yard wonder goal yourself"
Xavi: "Si Boss"
Pep: "Mr Sporting director i think we have an injury worry over Puyol, he has strained his perm, please bring me a selection of the best young defenders in the world from our youth team"
Youth team coach "Si Boss"

Etc etc etc

You're the one for me, Paddy.

Hazy who are your three contenders?

Pellers & Paddy
Anchovie & Paddy
Max & Paddy

Paddy Power ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:50 am

City64 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:We can actually afford to have a season like this one & there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that we won't get one under either Klopp or Vieira or Ancelotti.

But why Ted ?

I have no idea why. Dortmund have players who are much more suited to it than ours and are doing much worse in their league than Pellegrini is in ours.

Why are you so certain that style will be an instant success with our players here ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:54 am

The irony of that post slagging off Guardiola & praising Vieira is that it's Guardiola on whom Vieira would base his style & indeed who he chose to learn from on his coaching course.

So he is also deluded.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:30 am

I'm not sure why we have this 'youth team has all the answers' obsession. I would be very worried about Paddy getting the job, it would represent an enormous risk.
I'd settle for getting two players into the first team squad
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:54 am

As much as Vieira has done with the youth set up, I am not sure it is a wise move, he doesn't actually complete his 'badges' until this summer.

Not sure if any of the other top European clubs have ever appointed a coach the minute he qualifies?

As others have said, unless The Count fooks up CL spot, I can see him still being on the touch line come 8th August
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:54 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I'm not sure why we have this 'youth team has all the answers' obsession. I would be very worried about Paddy getting the job, it would represent an enormous risk.
I'd settle for getting two players into the first team squad

The youth team doesn't have all the answers but we hope , City and the owners hope, that 1 , 2 or maybe more will come through and be part of our successful long term future. I watch the kids a lot and there is no doubt we have more potential there than ever before but it would be naive to think that loads of them will make it at City. Equally naive to think they can come into the squad next season and make a big difference to the actual first team.

I don't have a clue who City will have as manager next season.We all know the media speculate for the fun of it and often without any substance behind what they say.If we make a change I hope it's not short term thinking.I really would like someone to come in for the long stay. If it's Vieira then great but he hasn't actually done anything to say he will be a great manager. But maybe others at City have seen enough to think he is the man. Maybe he gets put in as number 2 with MP?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:07 am

I think it would be a huge and unnecessary risk to appoint Vieira. He has had no experience of PL football management. United are rising and attracting top players once again. We are facing a big squad rebuild in the summer and we need a steady hand and top manager to ensure we attract the world class talent to compete with Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Barca, Bayern etc.

Football players would recognize the appointment as a "gamble" and would be less likely to sign for us. A manager needs to give the players confidence and reassurance with his decision making and appointing a "rookie" manager could have the opposite effect and may even lead to us drop out of CL qualification.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:21 am

Or appointing a 'proven' manager could result in us doing the same if players don't especially think said manager has what it takes to be better than Van Gaal, Mourinho or Wenger.

If I was a player, nothing Ancelotti, Klopp or Pellegrini have to offer would make me particularly sign for them over any of the other managers. I would be signing for the club.

Guardiola is the only real draw amongst the coaches we have been linked with in comparison imo. It would be 'the project' which is the draw.

In fact Vieira might be a bigger selling point than them come to think of it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vantage » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:25 am

Ted Hughes wrote: In fact Vieira might be a bigger selling point than them come to think of it.

Great point Ted.

Although Paddy + Anchovies would be a tasty combo to allow Vieira to find his feet for a season.

Vieira as a player was a fuclin giant and definitely would have the respect of international big names plus he used to love getting stuck into Keanetard so he would get my vote on that alone...

Also if Paddy could introduce Seko Fofana into the first XI that would be fantastic because that kid is going to be immense. He plays like Yaya and Paddy had a man-baby. Right foot, left foot, tackles, pace, heads, built like a brick outhouse etc..
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:48 am

Vantage wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote: In fact Vieira might be a bigger selling point than them come to think of it.

Great point Ted.

Although Paddy + Anchovies would be a tasty combo to allow Vieira to find his feet for a season.

Vieira as a player was a fuclin giant and definitely would have the respect of international big names plus he used to love getting stuck into Keanetard so he would get my vote on that alone...

Also if Paddy could introduce Seko Fofana into the first XI that would be fantastic because that kid is going to be immense. He plays like Yaya and Paddy had a man-baby. Right foot, left foot, tackles, pace, heads, built like a brick outhouse etc..

Paddy=Pogba=Pellers =Perfect, we keep Paddy and he takes over when Pellers moves on in 12 months. Where is that fucking application form Txki your fired...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:03 pm

It could be Pep+Paddy+Pogba after Pelli.

Much as I'd like Fofana to make it at City, & would not rule it out, we do have about 10 or 12 players potentially better. So if he does turn out to be that good, we will be in very good shape indeed.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:16 pm

What's is paddy's win% with the youth team, let's look at the numbers.

Managing 19 year olds is very different from managing someone getting paid $100K/week. Vieira is an inspiration to our youth team because of his personality and the player he was, if I am not wrong most of the EDS follows his instructions and tries to impress him in hopes of getting noticed.

I just think he hasn't seen/ worked with a decent manger to ply the trade, he knows Wengers management style from a players view and probably some customary visitis like the one to Bayern. Pellegrini+Paddy will keep us in top 4 next year, only paddy isnt worth the risk, this would teach him what to do/not to.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Dameerto » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:30 pm

Bleed_Blue wrote:What's is paddy's win% with the youth team, let's look at the numbers.

Managing 19 year olds is very different from managing someone getting paid $100K/week. Vieira is an inspiration to our youth team because of his personality and the player he was, if I am not wrong most of the EDS follows his instructions and tries to impress him in hopes of getting noticed.

I just think he hasn't seen/ worked with a decent manger to ply the trade, he knows Wengers management style from a players view and probably some customary visitis like the one to Bayern. Pellegrini+Paddy will keep us in top 4 next year, only paddy isnt worth the risk, this would teach him what to do/not to.

He's played in Italy, and for us, plus the French team too. I don't get the feeling that he thinks he's ready yet for a senior management role though. (Watch him rock up as our next manager now).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:33 pm

You know what? If the club sold 5 first teamers, made one big signing, made Paddy V the man and told the fans he has two years to get the team in the top 4,and in that time he needs to bring some kids through as we regenerate the club to be what we aspire to be we'd accept that.

Remember, we have about 4 players coming back from loan so this isn't fanciful.

I dunno, just putting it out there.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:35 pm

dazby wrote:You know what? If the club sold 5 first teamers, made one big signing, made Paddy V the man and told the fans he has two years to get the team in the top 4,and in that time he needs to bring some kids through as we regenerate the club to be what we aspire to be we'd accept that.

Village idiot alert...village idiot alert......village idiot alert.....scatter scatter scatter.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:You know what? If the club sold 5 first teamers, made one big signing, made Paddy V the man and told the fans he has two years to get the team in the top 4,and in that time he needs to bring some kids through as we regenerate the club to be what we aspire to be we'd accept that.

Village idiot alert...village idiot alert......village idiot alert.....scatter scatter scatter.

Of course twats like yourself would not accept such a proposal. But you're a minority. A really fucking small tiny minority. Thankfully.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:47 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Of course twats like yourself would not accept such a proposal. But you're a minority. A really fucking small tiny minority. Thankfully.

I think you should apply to join these fuckign Morons
Watch on youtube.com
....you would fit in.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:53 pm

I did but they went with a woman.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum