Happy Agueroooo day!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Happy Agueroooo day!

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu May 14, 2015 9:37 pm

When Dzeko scored I did nt even allow myself to dream. I did nt want to hope. I was looking round the ground from my spot in the south stand. I heard a build up of noise and saw movement at the opposite end of the pitch. I could nt see the ball. The noise grew. I searched for the ball but could only see movement of players, and the noise grew. Then bang, wild celebrations. I did nt see the ball go in. Greatest football moment ever.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Bleed_Blue » Thu May 14, 2015 10:13 pm

You will never see anything like it !!

This was bloody unbelievable and will never see/feel anything close to this ever again.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 15, 2015 3:14 am

Bleed_Blue wrote:You will never see anything like it !!

This was bloody unbelievable and will never see/feel anything close to this ever again.

I cried almost immediately. But I knew it would happen as soon as jayko scored. Nothing else seemed just.

Honestly outside of my children's births nothing was close to that feeling. The shit part was it was Mother's Day in the US and A and within an hour my life devolved into chaos as I'd done an absolute garbage job of making the wife feel special. At the time I thought she was fairly cunty but in hindsight she'd watched me stress and freak out over the weeks and the buildup and release of us winning it felt like maybe she could reclaim some normalcy...alas that day wasn't the day for it to happen.

Also shots of tequila, by yourself, at 10 am...seems.....mmmmm. Extreme. But that's what it took. The whole family had to hide upstairs after hoops went up. I was literally close to just smashing shit, heavy metal rockstar style. I was in a dark dark place which made the result so much sweeter.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby clippo22 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Enjoyed reading everyone's stories from that day so thought I'd share mine.

I watched the game at home, very confident of victory and especially after zabbas goal. My father in law is a massive Rag and was watching their game in his bedroom at the other end of the house. When we fell behind he came dancing into the living room like a full kit wanker singing and dancing. He then disappeared back to his room until we got to about the 88th minute. I wouldn't admit defeat, I was angry, terrified about how I would ever love it down and typical city.

I said "there's still hope"
His reply was " you can't score 2 in 90, your not gonna score 2 in five".

By this point he had already got changed again and was wearing an old United shirt with a massive picture of the league trophy on it.

after dzeko scored he went back to his room because he couldn't take the drama. When aguero scored I lept up sprinted down the house and started jumping on him singing Sergio!!! In the 2 mins between the goals he had already got changed and wasn't wearing anything United! I missed all the goal celebrations but the look on his face was worth it!

I mention that phase to him all the time now, "can't score 2 in 90, your not gonna score 2 in 5"!!!

Best day ever!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tesl » Fri May 15, 2015 1:42 pm

That Aguero moment is the only time I can remember where sport made me cry. I absolutely couldn't handle the sway of emotion from those dark lows to such an incredible high so quickly.

It's going to be a highlight for the rest of my life. I've spent nearly 8 years in Asia now but just happened to be back in Manchester for the final few weeks of the season, and was lucky enough to go to the parade after. It still makes me teary whenever I watch it again.

I love you City!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 15, 2015 1:43 pm

I was in block 324 for this game, I went for a pre match meal and a few bevvies as I was uber confident we would batter them. I arrived at the ground after grabbing a Townley prematch drink. Met up with a mate and sat through the first half still confident and then zabba scored and I was all smiles and cheering. Checking my phone at the other scores, all relaxed as they came out in the second half. Then Lescott screwed up and Cisse pounced and I was starting to get nervous, we couldnt fuck this up.... could we?

Then Barton did his usual "heads gone" act and it let me vent some of my built up tension on the twat. The next thing I know, vinny gets done down the line and the ball is swung in with perfection and bang, we are losing 2-1, I couldn't believe it, I slumped into my chair and you could hear a pin drop where I was.

What occurred over the next 30ish mins was something I dont actually want to go through again. The endless attack v defence scenario, the inspired Paddy Kenny who should have been MOTM. Balotelli's header saved from point blank range. I was sat down by this point, I was gutted and couldn't see us scoring the two goals we needed. Then all of a sudden up pops Dzeko and I am screaming with joy and in the same breadth screaming at the player to get back whilst looking at the time on my phone. We attack again and its frustrating as hell and when Nasri let the ball go out for a throw in when it was clearly their ball, I had a proper hissy fit, then came the big moment, Balotelli and then Aguero, I went nuts, I hugged every person within a 20 ft radius, at one point I went really dizzy and my legs went to jelly and I had to sit down, I didn't even see the Aguero shirt off moment I was too busy doing my own version. Then there was the final whistle and the pitch invasion

I watch with tears rolling down my face, I couldn't believe what I was experiencing, the celebrations and the countdown timer from 44 years was fantastic

Vinny lifting that trophy had me balling my eyes out again

I stayed for ages and ages in the ground until my lad text me asking when we are going... I had seen it all by then and was as happy as I could possibly be. I went back to the Townley to celebrate with fellow blues and had this photo taken with my lad, which cost me a whole £2 and its the best photo EVER!

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 15, 2015 2:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I watch with tears rolling down my face, I couldn't believe what I was experiencing, the celebrations and the countdown timer from 44 years was fantastic

That's possibly the best bit for me, i was watching it on a solitary screen in my local which was packed full of rags who had every other screen on their game, getting gobbier by the minute as the afternoon unfolded until Kun scored, i punched the air and shouted fuck you at them all before running outside to run round the car park in celebration, followed by a smoke to calm myself the fuck down.

After that all i could remember was that counter resetting to 0 and thinking they could never hold that over us ever again. The irony is that none of the rag wankers knew what it was about, as none of them had ever been to the swamp, the cunts. I took great pleasure in explaining to impartial friends what meant (in ear shot of the rag bastards).

I was there in person to us see us lift it last season and that was amazing to experience, but probably not a patch on the 2012 (especially in the manner of how it was done)

Cracking picture of you and your lad BTW
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Fri May 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Sky Sports News now dissin Sergio , asking Pellegrini in his presser if Sergio is leaving this summer FFS !!! Absolute cunts !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 15, 2015 4:04 pm

Watch on vimeo.com

Watch on vimeo.com

A couple more. They're not that great sound-wise, but thought I'd put them up anyway.
It would be mad if anyone recognised themselves on them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri May 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Bump. 1 day early but, come on, who cares?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby aristation » Fri May 12, 2017 7:33 pm

I almost am upset that Sunderland were relegated when I see their fans reaction
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby ruralblue » Fri May 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Even watching it now... Twice! Brings a year to my eye. Amazing and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!!!!!!!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri May 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Slim » Fri May 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:For those of you that like long articles:

https://si.com/longform/manchester-city-2012-epl-title-final-day-oral-history/index.html

Not long enough, I can't relive that day enough times.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sat May 13, 2017 5:06 am

Watch on youtube.com
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Sat May 13, 2017 5:43 am

i still remember turning off the TV around the 88th when we were down 2-1 and being so angry.

by chance when i got back to the back of the house i turned on another TV behind me. i dont think i even saw Dzeko score. but then i was lucky enough to turn around and see Aguero score. tears in the eyes.

snatching it from United with basically the last kick of the entire season and win it on GD--a GD that was basically down to the 6-1 mauling. i cant think of a better way in any team sport to win a title.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby freshie » Sat May 13, 2017 9:47 am

Slim wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:For those of you that like long articles:

https://si.com/longform/manchester-city-2012-epl-title-final-day-oral-history/index.html

Not long enough, I can't relive that day enough times.

Same here. Happy Aguerooooo day blues. The greatest day as a city fan for me
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Sat May 13, 2017 10:09 am

phips wrote:i still remember turning off the TV around the 88th when we were down 2-1 and being so angry.

by chance when i got back to the back of the house i turned on another TV behind me. i dont think i even saw Dzeko score. but then i was lucky enough to turn around and see Aguero score. tears in the eyes.

snatching it from United with basically the last kick of the entire season and win it on GD--a GD that was basically down to the 6-1 mauling. i cant think of a better way in any team sport to win a title.

Probably your best ever post Phips pal.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Sat May 13, 2017 10:10 am

Happy Agüero Day chaps! I hope the players won't disappoint us today. We have unfinished business with Leicester.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sat May 13, 2017 10:49 am

Just watched the video Phips posted and was biting my nails for 15 minutes despite knowing what was going to happen. The release when Kun scores is still so intense. What a fantastic day that was!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum