sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue May 19, 2015 11:27 pm

PrezIke wrote:We could immediately play a 433 sterling bony kun

We could.....but with a different manager, as the current manager has shown no inclination to play any such formation in his 2 years in charge. We would also need a completely different midfield.

It would also mean moving Aguero out wide, and having no cover for any of them except Navas

You haven't thought this through have you?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed May 20, 2015 6:29 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

We could.....but with a different manager, as the current manager has shown no inclination to play any such formation in his 2 years in charge. We would also need a completely different midfield.

It would also mean moving Aguero out wide, and having no cover for any of them except Navas

Silva could play there, but yeah I'd not be changing a system to avcomadate sterling, especially if it involves moving out top scorer wide and our 2nd top scorer to the bench.

If we did end up with sterling Id be much more inclined to play a 4231 like we have done on and off since bobby came here.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 20, 2015 6:46 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Silva could play there, but yeah I'd not be changing a system to avcomadate sterling, especially if it involves moving out top scorer wide and our 2nd top scorer to the bench.

If we did end up with sterling Id be much more inclined to play a 4231 like we have done on and off since bobby came here.

We wouldn't have to change anything. He'd be 'a' player not 'the' player.

He would just slot in where needed, like most of the others do. Only difference being he'd probably score & create more goals than the majority of them. He could play pretty much any position Silva, Nasri or Navas play plus emergency striker (a role he has had to play most of this season in a struggling team, at 20 years old, & is getting shit of some of them for it). He fits any formation we choose, in several positions.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 20, 2015 7:39 am

Replacement for Navas wouldn't it be? Still, cant see a deal with Red Scouse being agreed.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:29 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

We wouldn't have to change anything. He'd be 'a' player not 'the' player.

He would just slot in where needed, like most of the others do. Only difference being he'd probably score & create more goals than the majority of them. He could play pretty much any position Silva, Nasri or Navas play plus emergency striker (a role he has had to play most of this season in a struggling team, at 20 years old, & is getting shit of some of them for it). He fits any formation we choose, in several positions.

Does he track back?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 20, 2015 12:07 pm

john@staustell wrote:Replacement for Navas wouldn't it be? Still, cant see a deal with Red Scouse being agreed.

Liverpool really don't have a choice in the matter when it comes down to it. They can agree a fee or go to tribunal in December
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Wed May 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Yeah, I don't think things through ever when it comes to posting....I just IMMEDIATELY make decisions that lead folks to treat me like the class dunce of footy.

Cheers (forum) mates! I suggest going back to pandant training school please 'cause your card has been revoked.

Yes, i do think we could throw kun "out wide" but in a 433 the two other wide forwards do not have to love playing out wide. Aguero would be more like an inside forward, and you could throw Navas as one of the midfielders to provide cover, and some wide play. Sterling would also be more of an inside forward, and I'd put Silva as the left central midfielder, with whoever we end up buying to likely replace Yaya or throw in Fern1 or Fern2 there.

It could be done, and I do think Pellegrini is not as rigid as we think since he's been using a 4231 for a few matches since he dropped Dzeko. I'm not saying it's the PERFECT combo for a 433 but it could be utilized IMMEDIATELY in training.

Barca's 433 seems to create a lot of goals/chances for Neymar and Suarez who has played more wide this year than last.

Peace-ahh!
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed May 20, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed May 20, 2015 6:24 pm

It might not happen immediately but it probably will a year from now.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Wed May 20, 2015 6:52 pm

The guys one of the best English players that we could realistically get/tolerate - it really is a bit of a no brainer imo
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed May 20, 2015 7:13 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if he eventually strangles a prostitute. He's got potential but could easily turn into a Pennant/Bentley imo

Does he seem like a strangler tho? I'd have had him down for a hit and run/drink driving type. In a lambo. On Coke. After washing out at Villa or West Ham. Aged 26.

IF that's the turn he takes. Which he could. Probably. Easily. Maybe. Perhaps.

cheers

I think Ravel Morrison has more issues in that area. I certainly wouldn't like to be in his shoes.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed May 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if he eventually strangles a prostitute. He's got potential but could easily turn into a Pennant/Bentley imo

Does he seem like a strangler tho? I'd have had him down for a hit and run/drink driving type. In a lambo. On Coke. After washing out at Villa or West Ham. Aged 26.

cheers

I think Ravel Morrison has more issues in that area. I certainly wouldn't like to be in his shoes.

what about a front three of nile ranger, ravel morrison and raheem sterling?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed May 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I could say for premier league defences to lock up their daughters but that would be in bad taste
Bianchi on Ice

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I could say for premier league defences to lock up their daughters but that would be in bad taste

what about an all rapey attacking line up of Ched Evans, Carlton Cole and AJ?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed May 20, 2015 8:04 pm

I think Ravel Morrison has more issues in that area. I certainly wouldn't like to be in his shoes.[/quote]

what about a front three of nile ranger, ravel morrison and raheem sterling?[/quote]

I could say for premier league defences to lock up their daughters but that would be in bad taste[/quote]

what about an all rapey attacking line up of Ched Evans, Carlton Cole and AJ?

cheers[/quote]

I'm still pissed off the sun alleged the sheik gave the players rolex watches so enforced pearl necklaces is a strict no-no my friend
Bianchi on Ice

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 21, 2015 11:33 am

chris sutton speaks sense

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32821209

love this line

I don't think it's about money," said Sutton, who feels Sterling "only wants to go to a big club".
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:42 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:chris sutton speaks sense

love this line

I don't think it's about money," said Sutton, who feels Sterling "only wants to go to a big club".

Chortle.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:44 am

love this line

I would be in the 'not for me' camp, because of the money that would probably be handed over for him, but the more I think about it.
It really would irritate Liverpool, especially if he came to us and got 25-35 games over the season as a sub and a starter, not guaranteed a place.
Then we win the league, a cup or two and make real progress in the Champs League and him just playing his part, not carrying us.
It would show them where they are in the pecking order these days.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:51 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

love this line

Chortle.

Interesting line: 'Sutton, who left relegated Blackburn to join Chelsea for £10m in 1999'. Sounds like it was written by a bitter dipper trying to cast aspersions at Sutton's character. Double chortle, with pike.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 21, 2015 11:59 am

This is, if the dippers dig their heels in, Sterling can play hard ball with them as he has them over a barrel. IF they say we want £50m or he isnt leaving, Sterling can say, I will stay, not sign a new contract and then walk out of the door in January by buying out my contract for £3m because of the Webster ruling. Sign for us, for £5m (3 to repay his contract pay out and 2 as a signing on fee) and the dippers will be up shit creek.

It wont happen as they will sell him to the highest bidder, but I dont think there will be a lot of bidding for him TBH.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:This is, if the dippers dig their heels in, Sterling can play hard ball with them as he has them over a barrel. IF they say we want £50m or he isnt leaving, Sterling can say, I will stay, not sign a new contract and then walk out of the door in January by buying out my contract for £3m because of the Webster ruling. Sign for us, for £5m (3 to repay his contract pay out and 2 as a signing on fee) and the dippers will be up shit creek.

It wont happen as they will sell him to the highest bidder, but I dont think there will be a lot of bidding for him TBH.

Liverpool and QPR would still be eligible for a fee, to be determined by tribunal for their part in developing the player. The chances are the tribunal will evaluate a fair value of his worth, so maybe 15/20m (as they wouldn't be beholden to the english player supplement of 50m), and make the buying club pay that as the development fee.

Regardless though, you're right, Liverpool will have to drop their demands unless an auction starts - which I'd be really surprised to see in all honesty
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum