sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon May 18, 2015 10:38 pm

jojo + £10m
job done
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PrezIke » Mon May 18, 2015 10:39 pm

He does everything our fans complain about what is missing from the side.

Direct runner with pace who causes havoc. Bony and kun will feast with him. Hes not a finished product, is english and is already good enough. Liverpool just arent up to using his abilities this year.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Sterling is a decent player who would be an asset. The alternative to signing some decent homegrown players, if you think about it, is an empty space or sign some more shit.

We don't have enough kids in his position who would be ready in time for next season.

Sterling doesn't need to be world class, just good enough to be a useful addition to the squad. He's a level above the likes of Sinclair & Rodwell already. If he becomes a genuine top player than great. If he doesn't, we' ve filled a homegrown position whilst we bring some kids through.

He's certainly way better than nothing.

All very true Ted, but could the money be better spent, and still not compromise the overall squad. I just think you pay too much for what you get. Same with Barkley. If money isn't an issue fair enough, but we're not going to spend a couple of hundred million to fill all the spots we think we need filling.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 18, 2015 11:13 pm

Well I'll fire it back at you; which homegrown players do you think are better & cheaper ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bigblue » Mon May 18, 2015 11:24 pm

I don't think he is mentally strong enough to be world class. He shys away in big games and comes across as quite thick. Recently City seem to only sign players who are physically, technically, and mentally sound. Sterling falls short in the last part for me, but I'd love to be proven wrong if he joins us.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon May 18, 2015 11:28 pm

He's 20 years old and already thinks he's a world class player. He should stay and get 'good' before even thinking of leaving. He isn't good enough to start in any top teams in Europe, if he goes he will be on the bench crying he doesn't start games.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 18, 2015 11:28 pm

bigblue wrote:I don't think he is mentally strong enough to be world class. He shys away in big games and comes across as quite thick. Recently City seem to only sign players who are physically, technically, and mentally sound. Sterling falls short in the last part for me, but I'd love to be proven wrong if he joins us.

He's 20 years old & has been carrying Liverpool's so called title bid on his back. If our kids are as mentallly lacking in a few years time, I will settle for it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Mon May 18, 2015 11:45 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Sterling is a decent player who would be an asset. The alternative to signing some decent homegrown players, if you think about it, is an empty space or sign some more shit.

We don't have enough kids in his position who would be ready in time for next season.

Sterling doesn't need to be world class, just good enough to be a useful addition to the squad. He's a level above the likes of Sinclair & Rodwell already. If he becomes a genuine top player than great. If he doesn't, we' ve filled a homegrown position whilst we bring some kids through.

He's certainly way better than nothing.

If he doesn't need to be world class then we shouldn't be offering what the reports say are close to £50m which is a world class fee
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 19, 2015 12:03 am

So you will he happy if we stick to our principles again, like we did with Hazard, & only pay what players are worth rather than what the going rate is ? And if we win fuck all, nobody will be at fault ? We leave the homegrown players' spaces empty & pick up a few Navas type bargains ?

Because Pogba & Koke sure as shit aren't worth the money they are being quoted at, nor DeBryne, DiMaria cost 60 mil, Luke Shaw ( a fullback) 30 mil.

If everyone is happy to wait a few years for the kids to come through & settle for top 4, I don't mind. Provided this place isn't full of people whinging about it.

If not, then the homegrown players of decent standard cost 50 mil each & the top foreign ones with no Premier League pedigree, an extra 20 mil or so on top.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CitizenYank » Tue May 19, 2015 12:50 am

Pool will expect to buy at least half another team with the proceeds. I'll bet they want more than 50. It's City.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby kinkylola » Tue May 19, 2015 1:05 am

sterling is a yes from me, better than milner, nasri and navas. We need more english players too.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Tue May 19, 2015 5:22 am

PrezIke wrote:
Trautmann wrote:Hopefully not City.. Saw him in a few games recently and wasn't impressed

I think he wants out. The dip in form came after the contract issue arose.

Hes perfect for us. I really hope we get him.

Guardian reporting we might be favourites.

I'd like to see him here - I don't read much into Sterling's form, he's playing like he's got one foot out of the door already.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:09 am

Seen him live 3 times V us and always played well. Sign him develop him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bayblue » Tue May 19, 2015 6:23 am

I think he's got loads of potential. He's fast, skilful, low centre of balance and been one of their best players for two years.

Question marks have been around his off field character and on field vision and awareness. The former has brought many a good player down so for me that's the biggest risk. On the latter then he's shown some good glimpses and I'd definitely take a big punt on him.

As to how much then it's all crazy money anyway. Let's just get him quick.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dubciteh » Tue May 19, 2015 6:26 am

Yes from me.

For starters he is only 20, 20!!!! He is already there best player and has carried the team.

Someone said he doesnt do it in big games, well he always causes us problems, and away last year when we nearly lost league he was outstanding.

He ticks all the boxes in what we are looking for too and best of all hes english, he is prob the best english player out there for me(possibly second to sturridge but hes made of glass).

This just makes too much sense all round, for how we have been playing last few games on counter attack he would be frightening, him and aguero breaking away would be devastating.

Rumoured fee is 35m, delighted with that myself.

The alternative to us is chelsea, he would be excellent for them as part of a front three too. There are no other potential sides in the mix if you ask me.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 19, 2015 6:36 am

Jamie Carragher said last night that sterling wanted to go back to london. He also said that FSG will dig their heels in like they did with Suarez and Arsenal. Should be interesting. No doubt it will be stupid money. I want is to avoid this or use it as a smokescreen for other deals as the press will be obsessed with it.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 19, 2015 7:14 am

the liverpool loving press now telling us all that raheem is shit. such a bunch of cunts.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Sister of fu » Tue May 19, 2015 7:20 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:the liverpool loving press now telling us all that raheem is shit. such a bunch of cunts.

Arguing with a Liverpool fan this morning when I said he wants to win trophies. He was spewing saying its all about money and you won nothing this year. I pointed out what we had won in the last 5 years compared to Liverpool and asked who he had more chance of wining the league with next season, he soon shut up. Money will be a factor but you telling me the lad doesn't want to win major trophies??
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 19, 2015 7:23 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:the liverpool loving press now telling us all that raheem is shit. such a bunch of cunts.

Arguing with a Liverpool fan this morning when I said he wants to win trophies. He was spewing saying its all about money and you won nothing this year. I pointed out what we had won in the last 5 years compared to Liverpool and asked who he had more chance of wining the league with next season, he soon shut up. Money will be a factor but you telling me the lad doesn't want to win major trophies??

they are all living in the past
liverpool are a busted flush
the changes to ffp will consign then to istree, where they belong
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 19, 2015 7:39 am

It's looking like we have to sign one of them, if Milner goes. Milner & Lampard = two more players gone from the squad & our one club trained player, Boyata, wants to leave. If we had given games to people like Barker, Ambrose etc, we may have found one or two from the EDS, who showed enough that we could say we had a couple of potential players who could between them perhaps fill one spot. We have given them no time whatsoever.

So we have Lopes who had a stinker for Lille at the weekend, Denayer & Rekik (two central defenders) & Cole who has been sat on the bench for months. None with a sniff of Premier League experience. And we have 8 places to fill with home produced players. Hart, Clichy + ?

So it looks like we either leave a couple of places empty, or sign a couple of cheaper wild cards (Danny Ings, Will Hughes etc) or pay the money for a Sterling or Barkley or both.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum