sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby phips » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:59 am

very good match today. despite scoring a hat trick vs Bournemouth I think that this match was his best in a City shirt.

aside from working on his finishing and i would love to see him stay on his feet more. he goes down far too easily under contact.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:03 am

phips wrote:very good match today. despite scoring a hat trick vs Bournemouth I think that this match was his best in a City shirt.

aside from working on his finishing and i would love to see him stay on his feet more. he goes down far too easily under contact.

He has great upper body strength when someone tries to muscle him off the ball. I was amazed how strong he is for his frame size.

Best performance in a city shirt by far today. Coke will be having nightmares and will be glad he won't face him again this season.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bleed_Blue » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:25 am

Apparently subjected to racial abuse yesterday after posting a pic with his daughter and niece on twitter - according to daily mirror.

Liverpools cunts are the worst type they fucking never get over anything. Hope they dont fucking win anything ever
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:43 am

Bleed_Blue wrote:Apparently subjected to racial abuse yesterday after posting a pic with his daughter and niece on twitter - according to daily mirror.

Liverpools cunts are the worst type they fucking never get over anything. Hope they dont fucking win anything ever

I'm Astonished at the amount of racial abuse on social media. Balos Instagram is historically horrific as well. Most of it is simply trolling. It's like a pastime to be "fake racist" to take the piss in some circles I feel. But at some point there's nothing fake about it. We've passed that point for these footballers a while ago. It's a sad statement of the lowest common denominator culture that most of the western world holds in seemingly high regard with the generation in their 20s (what are these cunts called again? I can't keep up.)

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby patrickblue » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:20 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Bleed_Blue wrote:Apparently subjected to racial abuse yesterday after posting a pic with his daughter and niece on twitter - according to daily mirror.

I'm Astonished at the amount of racial abuse on social media. Balos Instagram is historically horrific as well. Most of it is simply trolling. It's like a pastime to be "fake racist" to take the piss in some circles I feel. But at some point there's nothing fake about it. We've passed that point for these footballers a while ago. It's a sad statement of the lowest common denominator culture that most of the western world holds in seemingly high regard with the generation in their 20s (what are these cunts called again? I can't keep up.)

Cheers

Unfortunately, I'm not in the least bit surprised by it. I work with what are termed underprivileged kids, and I'm constantly amazed at the stuff they come out with.
Not to say that they're all racist, I actually suspect it's a lot to do with rebelling against the current holier than thou political correctness that surrounds the whole issue.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby City64 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 pm

He,s Top Of 2 Leagues .........
Raheem Sterling He,s Top Of 2 Leagues .......
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:aside from working on his finishing and i would love to see him stay on his feet more. he goes down far too easily under contact.

He has great upper body strength when someone tries to muscle him off the ball. I was amazed how strong he is for his frame size.

agreed. thats the weird thing. he does have good upper body strength and he uses it sometimes but yesterday he went down so many times. i don't know if he was trying to buy a free kick or if the defenders actually just outmuscled him and pushed him to the ground.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby City64 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:38 pm

phips wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:aside from working on his finishing and i would love to see him stay on his feet more. he goes down far too easily under contact.

agreed. thats the weird thing. he does have good upper body strength and he uses it sometimes but yesterday he went down so many times. i don't know if he was trying to buy a free kick or if the defenders actually just outmuscled him and pushed him to the ground.

Pushed him to the ground ??? Went down so many times ??? Your not finding negatives out of another superb City performance are you by any chance ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:41 pm

He looks happy,which is nice.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby bigblue » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:49 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:He looks happy,which is nice.

Seems happy, but who knows with death stares like this:

Watch on youtube.com
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:51 pm

City64 wrote:
phips wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Pushed him to the ground ??? Went down so many times ??? Your not finding negatives out of another superb City performance are you by any chance ???

you don't need to attack phips on all his posts... he makes a valid point, sterling does go down frequently when he could probably stay on his feet. no doubt he picked this up from playing alongside suarez....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:07 pm

bigblue wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:He looks happy,which is nice.

Seems happy, but who knows with death stares like this:

Watch on youtube.com

In my head he's saying cheeky nandos, cheeky nandos, cheeky nandos, cheeky nandos over and over then just before he speaks he says Nah KFC.

Try it,it works.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:
phips wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

you don't need to attack phips on all his posts... he makes a valid point, sterling does go down frequently when he could probably stay on his feet. no doubt he picked this up from playing alongside suarez....

Not fucking eaten anyone yet though has he? thank fuck
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:00 pm

Took his goal beautifully. Pound to a penny he has been working on that on training. The last few times we have seen him open his shoulders to get it onto his right foot, which takes away momentum. This time just passed it into the corner. Lovely
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:
phips wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I don't attack this forums crank on all his posts , some of his posting has been quite entertaining of late but comparing Sterling with Ashley fucking Young ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby michaelcityfan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Just wanted to say Liverpool fans who racially abused Raheem and his family are the lowest form of life.he didn't move for money either he wanted to join a big club not some club with Istory in a crime ridden city. They are cunts and I hope the police get involved in nicking them.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:31 am

Raheem Sterling was the 2,000th goalscorer in the Champions League... worth every penny of Sterling that City paid for him!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:08 am

He's improving markedly. Didn't want him at the price but he's looking like he's worth it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby phips » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:01 am

City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:you don't need to attack phips on all his posts... he makes a valid point, sterling does go down frequently when he could probably stay on his feet. no doubt he picked this up from playing alongside suarez....

I don't attack this forums crank on all his posts , some of his posting has been quite entertaining of late but comparing Sterling with Ashley fucking Young ???

shit. i typed that? i wasn't aware. must've done it in my sleep again. keeps happening on this site for some reason.
i really need to figure out whats going on with that.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby phips » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:57 pm

rumor are circling that he could be back for the weekend....

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead