sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:39 pm

We cannot go around discarding players after one season playing at the club.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby london blue 2 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:39 pm

Dimples wrote:
City64 wrote:
Ray78 wrote:Lets see what Guardiola can do before completely writing the player off.

If Pep has anything about him he will show Sterling the door ASAP.

Sterling has the attributes to flourish in a Pep team.
He will come good next season.
He will be a key player for us over the next three seasons.

Which ones?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 01, 2016 7:44 pm

If Pep wanted him, he needs to be a fucking magician to make this cunt a proper player.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Ray78 wrote:We cannot go around discarding players after one season playing at the club.

Bony and Sterling mostly do fuck all when on the pitch , I think its fair to say if you have shelled out the best part of £75million quid you would expect a whole lot more from these two piss taking waste of space useless fuckers !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 01, 2016 8:15 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Getting a bit fed up with him. When I watch martial play, he really doesn't have that much world beating talent, but that cunt has a confidence about himself, an arrogance that makes sure he'll fight against the best. Then you look at sterling, you see he's got everything in the locker but not an ounce of bottle. Winds me the fuck up and I'm one of these cunts who will defend raheem to the hilt.

But since those misses in the cup final, he's just gone into every game looking like a massive shit house.

Yep, I reckon you've nailed it with that last bit, his confidence is shot. That attack towards the end when Bony was free through the middle, if that is early on this season he plays the pass first time, instead he now doubts himself and fucked it right up as a result.

Those that are saying that he's shit are talking out of their arses. No guarantees that Pep will sort him out but it would be absolutely ridiculous to even consider not trying give what we all know the kid is capable of.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:18 pm

City64 wrote:
Ray78 wrote:We cannot go around discarding players after one season playing at the club.

Bony and Sterling mostly do fuck all when on the pitch , I think its fair to say if you have shelled out the best part of £75million quid you would expect a whole lot more from these two piss taking waste of space useless fuckers !

Sterling has to improve but his Champions League performance have earned him that right to start with a clean slate imo. As for Bony he needs to go.
Ray78

Postby City64 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:35 pm

Ray78 wrote:
City64 wrote:

Sterling has to improve but his Champions League performance have earned him that right to start with a clean slate imo. As for Bony he needs to go.

Indeed and fair point , Most city fans patience has worn very thin to be fair though .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:58 pm

City64 wrote:
Ray78 wrote:
City64 wrote:

Indeed and fair point , Most city fans patience has worn very thin to be fair though .

True but we have to bite the bullet with certain players. Boateng is prime example of a player who we deemed a shithouse and yet he won both the Champions League and the World Cup when he left.
Ray78

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Ray78 wrote:
City64 wrote:

He scored two late goals against BM in the champs league but for 80 mins was total dogshit. He also had the miss of the season away at Juve. Sterling is not good enough, is timid and does not deserve to start.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 01, 2016 9:09 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ray78 wrote:
City64 wrote:

He scored two late goals against BM in the champs league but for 80 mins was total dogshit. He also had the miss of the season away at Juve. Sterling is not good enough, is timid and does not deserve to start.

He didn't get in to UEFA's XI of the group stage by being shit.

Today was his chance to stake his claim for a starting berth on Wednesday following his two poor sub appearances since he returned from injury but he blew it with his total no show.

It's going to be interesting to see what Pellegrini does now, play Yaya and concede not having the ability to press high or play Sterling and risk another no show.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Michael Brookes » Mon May 02, 2016 12:16 am

Said it befor and will say it again... Sterling has been shit. Just shit. Give any one of our youth prospects the same amount of game time and they would have had the same or better impact. Sterling is a generic young player, you can't write him
Off because he's young, but then we have lots of young players on our books already. ~£50m pissed down the pan when we have the same quality in our ranks already (average to potentially good)
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby zuricity » Mon May 02, 2016 6:15 am

peter doherty called it right on the very first page of this thread. A one sentence statement , that in spite of all the waffle comments by posters on this thread. Some of whom have done drastic u turns , is succinct and proven correct one year on.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon May 02, 2016 7:39 am

Funny how people keep bringing up him being selected for the chumps league team of the group stages. As if that proves anything. Aguero has never been nominated for player of the year!
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 02, 2016 8:12 am

zuricity wrote:peter doherty called it right on the very first page of this thread. A one sentence statement , that in spite of all the waffle comments by posters on this thread. Some of whom have done drastic u turns , is succinct and proven correct one year on.

Interesting to read some of the comments. My own post that he would improve our team as he is better than Navas and Nasri has been unfounded. Sometimes it happens for a player and sometimes it doesnt and there is no discernable reason why.

The transfer fee is probably what grates. I know the club can afford it especially with the TV deal next season but you still always think who else the club could have bought for the money. And its not the lads fault how much the fee was
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Mon May 02, 2016 8:30 am

He is not the player of his Liverpool days. His confidence is shot. Give him more time.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:55 am

zuricity wrote:peter doherty called it right on the very first page of this thread. A one sentence statement , that in spite of all the waffle comments by posters on this thread. Some of whom have done drastic u turns , is succinct and proven correct one year on.

Erm isn't it Sterling who has done a drastic U turn with his form and attitude ????? Us fans pay top money to support our team and when players fall way below the level expected we are allowed to have the right to call them not good enough . Sterling has been absolute dog shit since before Christmas apart from an odd cameo in the CL , that's not a statement or waffle just the fucking truth !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 02, 2016 9:17 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Funny how people keep bringing up him being selected for the chumps league team of the group stages. As if that proves anything. Aguero has never been nominated for player of the year!

It proves he hasn't been shit all season like some are suggesting. If he was he wouldn't even be considered for selection in the XI.

http://youtu.be/ArxkJBNCLMo
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Mon May 02, 2016 9:20 am

City64 wrote:

Erm isn't it Sterling who has done a drastic U turn with his form and attitude ????? Us fans pay top money to support our team and when players fall way below the level expected we are allowed to have the right to call them not good enough . Sterling has been absolute dog shit since before Christmas apart from an odd cameo in the CL , that's not a statement or waffle just the fucking truth !

How would i know ? Actually how would you know if his form and attitude have changed ? Did you watch all his games for the scouse ? I certainly didn't, but i have missed very few city games for many years either at the ground , away or on TV.

Sterling never struck me as a great player commanding such a high fee and wage. I think PD called about right in his evaluation. We'd be lucky to get that from any other PL. team.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:51 am

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:

How would i know ? Actually how would you know if his form and attitude have changed ? Did you watch all his games for the scouse ? I certainly didn't, but i have missed very few city games for many years either at the ground , away or on TV.

Sterling never struck me as a great player commanding such a high fee and wage. I think PD called about right in his evaluation. We'd be lucky to get that from any other PL. team.

His form and attitude have changed since before christmas most fans can see that for themselves , he is playing absolutely shite contributing fuck all and he is a shithouse ........ not what you want from a £48 million player to be fair .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 02, 2016 11:03 am

City64 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:

His form and attitude have changed since before christmas most fans can see that for themselves , he is playing absolutely shite contributing fuck all and he is a shithouse ........ not what you want from a £48 million player to be fair .

He was excellent in Kiev and he provided the assist for Kev against Everton to get us to Wembley, both them games were after Christmas.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum