sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby The Maine Man » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:50 am

lets all have a disco wrote:I don't care if its a gamble or not or how much he cost.

Every can has given him loads of shit and it continues now you only have to see his posts on twitter and the comments to see that. I'd back him even if he had cost 100 million I'm desperate for him to shut every one of them up.

Quite right, there are enough fuckers out there telling us we spent too much, we don't need our own telling us the same. Ironically it was Klopp this week that said it doesn't matter what a player costs, it is irrelevant, all that matters is the football he plays. So ignoring the fee (which is pocket money for the Shiek), Sterling is 19 and has played a handful of games for us. Not worried.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Spurge » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:55 am

The Maine Man wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:I don't care if its a gamble or not or how much he cost.

Every can has given him loads of shit and it continues now you only have to see his posts on twitter and the comments to see that. I'd back him even if he had cost 100 million I'm desperate for him to shut every one of them up.

Quite right, there are enough fuckers out there telling us we spent too much, we don't need our own telling us the same. Ironically it was Klopp this week that said it doesn't matter what a player costs, it is irrelevant, all that matters is the football he plays. So ignoring the fee (which is pocket money for the Shiek), Sterling is 19 and has played a handful of games for us. Not worried.

Spot on, his first 6 months at City were always likely to be the most difficult of his career, after that the talk about his move to City will begin to die down (despite the best efforts of some of the dippers geriatric old guard - Thompson, Aldridge et al). So far overall I think he has coped well, he had a positive start and then after two or three quieter games people are on his back. His decision making will sometimes be wrong, at his age he is still learning and won't be the finished article.

He is still adapting to his new surroundings but will undoubtedly benefit by learning from the senior players in the team both in training and on the pitch. With Kun out I'd be happy for Pellers to play him up top at times or switch him to the right during matches. KDB and Nasri could switch roles with him during games.

He scored against Watford soon after the restart when Pellers switched him and again for England on Friday night when Vardy came on and took up the left side he'd been occupying, so worth considering.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby stevefromdonny » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:42 pm

the best way for him to shut the fuckers up[ Liverpool has beens] is to play out of his skin and score a hat-trick against the dippers
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:30 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:the best way for him to shut the fuckers up[ Liverpool has beens] is to play out of his skin and score a hat-trick against the dippers

He'll probably need an agüero mask, cos in his own skin that will never happen
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:59 pm

Why do you want to sell sterling and take digs at him constantly?
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:Why do you want to sell sterling and take digs at him constantly?

because he's a miserable old git
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:33 pm

The Maine Man wrote:

any of his social media, instagram included, are filled with absolute cunts telling him he's shit and it's got to be fucking depressing to be honest. If i were him i'd avoid it altogether and just get on with my day. If you focus on that at all it would just drag you down, which is what these pathetic, miserable shits want to happen.

Anyone giving that boring blockhead Jimmy Milner any fucking shit? Probably fucking zero. Yet a 19 year old kid who clearly wants to come to a club where he can 1) make a shit ton more cash while also 2) having a much higher likelihood of winning some silverware while 3) playing with world-class talent in every position in front of 4) absolutely non-cunty fans is given stick left right and center for wanting something better for his young career.

Statement of a Broken Britain story more than any of the bolloxy ones the papers like to point out. You guys hate someone who aspires to greatness with any kind of swagger, don't you? Humble little England. Bunch of back stabbing, undermining twats.

my rant is over...that felt kinda good.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:41 pm

How did Tom Brady get treated for doing something probably EVERY club in the NFL were doing over recent seasons? (and have been doing for generations over the decades while occasionally being caught). Talk about a witch hunt and backstabbing etc.
I would say it's human nature rather than just being confined to these green and pleasant lands.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Plenty of begrudgery this side of the Irish Sea too although we do generally get behind our sports men and women.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:19 am

Dameerto wrote:How did Tom Brady get treated for doing something probably EVERY club in the NFL were doing over recent seasons? (and have been doing for generations over the decades while occasionally being caught). Talk about a witch hunt and backstabbing etc.
I would say it's human nature rather than just being confined to these green and pleasant lands.

You're pretty far from informed my friend.

Tom Brady and the Patriots are well known cheating cunts and it was the owners of the other teams that pressed the commissioner to punish Brady and the Pats above and beyond what the infraction seemed worthy of for the series of aggregate offenses over a decade or so.

The media simply loves Brady and his bullshit. He's a fuckface. A cheating fuckface. End of story.

Nothing similar to what we are talking about with sterling.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:37 am

http://yourteamcheats.com/ But it's just Brady and the Patriots that are at it. Ok then...
I have some knowledge of American competitiveness and 'pushing the envelope' (not the same envelopes that Redknapp pushes but still...) so I think the holier than thou attitude shown by the rest of the teams in the league (and the fans of those teams) is entirely in keeping with what you were ranting about.
Last edited by Dameerto on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:50 am

Another thing - have you noticed how many fumbles runningbacks were having for the first three rounds of matches this season? Almost everyone was dropping the ball. Obviously nothing at all to do with the teams in the league making absolutely sure they inflated every ball to perfection (thereby making them harder to catch than under inflated balls).

Also: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/0 ... e_had.html
"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," the ex-Jets QB said Wednesday in a radio interview on the "Midday 180" show on Nashville's 104.5 The Zone. "Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard.

"Everybody puts the pin in and takes just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat. So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:27 am

i prefer playing with my balls when they are soft. iiiis normal, no?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:46 am

Dameerto wrote:Another thing - have you noticed how many fumbles runningbacks were having for the first three rounds of matches this season? Almost everyone was dropping the ball. Obviously nothing at all to do with the teams in the league making absolutely sure they inflated every ball to perfection (thereby making them harder to catch than under inflated balls).

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," the ex-Jets QB said Wednesday in a radio interview on the "Midday 180" show on Nashville's 104.5 The Zone. "Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard.

"Everybody puts the pin in and takes just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat. So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

Jesus. You hate being wrong don't you?

Worse than my fucking wife.

Fine. You win. You're right honey. I do need to load the dishwasher exactly like you said, or it's "wrong."

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby mr_nool » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:52 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Another thing - have you noticed how many fumbles runningbacks were having for the first three rounds of matches this season? Almost everyone was dropping the ball. Obviously nothing at all to do with the teams in the league making absolutely sure they inflated every ball to perfection (thereby making them harder to catch than under inflated balls).

Fine. You win. You're right honey. I do need to load the dishwasher exactly like you said, or it's "wrong."

Cheers

I had no idea this was a universal thing. My missus thinks loading the dishwasher is fucking Tetris.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:17 am

mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

I had no idea this was a universal thing. My missus thinks loading the dishwasher is fucking Tetris.

Oh Yes, definitely universal. It's not just dishwashers though. Everything in the kitchen can only be done in one way. The right way. Their way.
Don't attempt to show any initiative or innovation that strays from the correct order of things. It's not worth it. It will end badly.

And the correct response when reproached about it is, 'Yes dear'.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:30 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Oh Yes, definitely universal. It's not just dishwashers though. Everything in the kitchen can only be done in one way. The right way. Their way.
Don't attempt to show any initiative or innovation that strays from the correct order of things. It's not worth it. It will end badly.

And the correct response when reproached about it is, 'Yes dear'.

You are all out of order. Your other halves are right. There is an order and you should stick to it.

Dishwasher OCD is a condition. Don't be dishwasherist
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:41 am

'Yes dear', always works. We don't have a dishwasher and I, in my new man state, decided to wash the pots only to be told off with the pots being duly re-washed and placed on the drainer with military precision.

That'll fuckin' learn me!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:54 am

Beefymcfc wrote:'Yes dear', always works. We don't have a dishwasher and I, in my new man state, decided to wash the pots only to be told off with the pots being duly re-washed and placed on the drainer with military precision.

That'll fuckin' learn me!

Beefy, washing in the sink has even more of an order to it than the dishwasher and is a tricky thing to master. Probably best attempted under supervision the first few times.

As for 'Yes dear', it is the duty of us men to pass this advice onto our sons at the earliest age that they can comprehend....
You never say 'No' to a woman. They are preconditioned and have learnt from their mothers, that the correct response is 'Yes Dear'.
Whether you are going to paint that fence or not, whether you will fix that tap or not, the correct response is 'Yes Dear'
Only after having heard this does 'I'll do it at the weekend', become anyway acceptable.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:57 pm

mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Any activity involving cleaning gets a level of fucking scrutiny that the IRS would be jealous of. I've heard shit before such as:

"That's not a fucking rag!" And it was indeed a rag but it was a "good rag" I shit you not.

And try and tell her anything things I'm really great at such as how to actually cook something or how to give a blowjob?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum