sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: sterling

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 19, 2015 8:01 am

john 'everyone's racist' barnes on talkshite
sterling is a mercenary and the club should bin him
benteke should sign for liverpool on a double his money deal
are these cunts really that thick?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 19, 2015 8:24 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:john 'everyone's racist' barnes on talkshite

Tbf it's understandable that he thinks everyone is racist with all the shit he used to get. Naturally he assumes that's why so many people dislike him now, rather than the fact that he's a clueless fat faced, scouse loving, shit, cunt.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby branny » Tue May 19, 2015 8:43 am

May make Navas pull his socks up as well. We're already decent on the counter. Sterling will only add to that. Yes from me
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue May 19, 2015 8:47 am

His stats this season are nothing to look at. Imo he will just become another average English winger who was hyped up by the English media to begin with.

Moments of brilliance do not make him class, it was rat man who carries them last season.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 19, 2015 8:50 am

it seems sterling has upset the Anfield legend

old big mouth carragher said this
"For a 20-year-old kid to be taking on Liverpool Football Club over a contract. To the pit of my stomach that just winds me up, it angers me,” Carragher said on Sky’s Monday Night Football.

so what was a young Carragher like
My loyalties were exclusively to my heroes in blue, and I wasn't shy of showing Liverpool fans, players and staff how I felt about my team, even while I was training alongside Anfield legends.

sterling could learn so much from legends like carragher.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:53 am

For the doubters Sterling is a very similar player to Hazard who we missed out on .Potentially being only 20 Sterling can be better than Hazard .......... no brainer for me !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:53 am

"For a 20-year-old kid to be taking on Liverpool Football Club over a contract. To the pit of my stomach that just winds me up, it angers me,” Carragher said on Sky’s Monday Night Football.

My loyalties were exclusively to my heroes in blue, and I wasn't shy of showing Liverpool fans, players and staff how I felt about my team, even while I was training alongside Anfield legends.

To be a devil's advocate, isn't the older Carragher talking about loyalty to your employer and the younger Carragher about loyalty to the team that you follow. The two are compatible. Or am I completely misreading this?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 19, 2015 8:54 am

City64 wrote:For the doubters Sterling is a very similar player to Hazard who we missed out on .Potentially being only 20 Sterling can be better than Hazard .......... no brainer for me !

not in the same league as Hazard, nowhere near.
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 19, 2015 8:55 am

WEBSTER RULING:

Sterling can apparently cancel his contract on July 1st as he is 3 years into his contract.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling

Article 17 of FIFA's Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players is entitled "Consequences of Terminating a Contract Without Just Cause", and is the fifth article of Chapter IV, "Maintenance of Contractual Stability between Professionals and Clubs". It outlines the provisions which apply if a contract is terminated without just cause, and the requirement for the party in breach to pay compensation.[9] Specifically, it states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. If he is 28 or older the time limit is shortened to two years.[10][11] Article 17 was introduced in December 2004, with effect from 1 July 2005.[12]
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 19, 2015 8:57 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

To be a devil's advocate, isn't the older Carragher talking about loyalty to your employer and the younger Carragher about loyalty to the team that you follow. The two are compatible. Or am I completely misreading this?

Yes, I suppose so, but its the disrespect element and the LFC blah blah nonsense he was spouting last night. He forgets he was young once too.
For the record, I agree with his stance last night and think Sterling is a greedy thick puppet
Wonderwall

Postby blues2win » Tue May 19, 2015 8:58 am

Carragher's remarks show what a stupid cunt he is. So Sterling is not allowed to let his agent 'take on the Club' in contract negotiations. He should apparently take whatever the dippers offer and shut the fuck up. And if he wants CL football he should have blind faith in Brendan fucking Rogers ability to secure that despite all evidence to the contrary. Tosser.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby feedthegreek » Tue May 19, 2015 9:01 am

Scouser on talk site reckons Liverpool owners re worse than Gillette and hicks and all the previous players Thomson Barnes rush all are on the payroll at an field are a disgrace for not coming out and slating them for the damage they are doing to the club he reckons we are a selling club Rogers will get none of the money from player sales as it will have to go on the ground improvements and the reason he got the job cos he's ayes man he also said no other top four team would employ him as for sterling the guy said they have overplayed him and as for money borini is on fort y grand a week and cannot get a game and sterling is on less and plays every week and he would not blame him for leaving
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 19, 2015 9:02 am

Wonderwall wrote:WEBSTER RULING:

Sterling can apparently cancel his contract on July 1st as he is 3 years into his contract.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling

Article 17 of FIFA's Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players is entitled "Consequences of Terminating a Contract Without Just Cause", and is the fifth article of Chapter IV, "Maintenance of Contractual Stability between Professionals and Clubs". It outlines the provisions which apply if a contract is terminated without just cause, and the requirement for the party in breach to pay compensation.[9] Specifically, it states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. If he is 28 or older the time limit is shortened to two years.[10][11] Article 17 was introduced in December 2004, with effect from 1 July 2005.[12]

Aha, he signed a 5 year deal in December 2012 so cannot activate the Webster ruling until January. Would be funny though, the dippers think they will get £50m for him.
Wonderwall

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue May 19, 2015 9:08 am

Loving the squealing and bleating from Scousers.
When they signed young players in the past, they were ambitious and wanted to win trophies. Now they want to leave for the same reason, they are greedy and disrespectful. Great listening on 5live this morning.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby feedthegreek » Tue May 19, 2015 9:09 am

Scouser on talk site reckons Liverpool owners re worse than Gillette and hicks and all the previous players Thomson Barnes rush all are on the payroll at an field are a disgrace for not coming out and slating them for the damage they are doing to the club he reckons we are a selling club Rogers will get none of the money from player sales as it will have to go on the ground improvements and the reason he got the job cos he's ayes man he also said no other top four team would employ him as for sterling the guy said they have overplayed him and as for money borini is on fort y grand a week and cannot get a game and sterling is on less and plays every week and he would not blame him for leaving
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 19, 2015 9:09 am

Carragher seems to think he's going to London, & Wenger seems quite smug about it, so perhaps it's Arsenal rather than City. Or perhaps Wenger 'thinks' it's Arsenal.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Well I'll fire it back at you; which homegrown players do you think are better & cheaper ?

That's not my point. My point is for the same money you'd spend on the likes of him and Barkley you'd buy better quality abroad, I'm sure. Take your pick there.
The academy players coming in can make up the squad positions elsewhere and fulfil the homegrown quota.
It's just my opinion. If it turned out we got him this summer, I wouldn't be greatly upset.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:30 am

Yes, I suppose so, but its the disrespect element and the LFC blah blah nonsense he was spouting last night. He forgets he was young once too.
For the record, I agree with his stance last night and think Sterling is a greedy thick puppet

They live in a strange world indeed. On the bright side, imagine all the fun you can have if we buy him and win the league.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue May 19, 2015 9:30 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:john 'everyone's racist' barnes on talkshite

Barnes is.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 19, 2015 9:33 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Well I'll fire it back at you; which homegrown players do you think are better & cheaper ?

That's not my point. My point is for the same money you'd spend on the likes of him and Barkley you'd buy better quality abroad, I'm sure. Take your pick there.
The academy players coming in can make up the squad positions elsewhere and fulfil the homegrown quota.
It's just my opinion. If it turned out we got him this summer, I wouldn't be greatly upset.

Then we would need to fill a further 6 places with academy players, if we are to operate a full squad (& most of those players are qulified on the UEFA B list anyway so don't even need registering in the A squad) . So effectively we choose to have maybe 6 empty places, rather than have players such as Sterling or Barkley ? A smaller squad than under the ffp restrictions ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum