FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA - How is it allowed to continue

Postby zuricity » Thu May 28, 2015 5:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
beaversforgoalposts wrote:Image

How on earth could a man who looked like this ever become one of the most influential people in world football?

He wouldn't look out of place as Father Christmas at Longsight Market

Jaysus. Maradonna has let himself go.

I thought it was Jerry Garcia coming back from the grave.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm

zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
beaversforgoalposts wrote:Image

How on earth could a man who looked like this ever become one of the most influential people in world football?

He wouldn't look out of place as Father Christmas at Longsight Market

Jaysus. Maradonna has let himself go.

I thought it was Jerry Garcia coming back from the grave.

Apart from being large, that guy has enough hair for ten men. I want my share.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu May 28, 2015 5:56 pm

Blatter still has friends:

"But support for the president came from Russian president Vladimir Putin, who has claimed the United States is meddling in Fifa's affairs in an attempt to take the 2018 World Cup away from his country."

It's just a pity that all those computers proving the Russian bid was whiter than Siberian snow were wiped, isn't it Vladimir?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Hazy2 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:39 pm

He will leave the WPP with a new ID and a new Hairstyle, who said he was stupid ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Wonder what the what the odds are on Blatter being arrested in the morning before his sham of a presidential election ?

Just wondering !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby kinkylola » Fri May 29, 2015 3:27 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Blatter still has friends:

"But support for the president came from Russian president Vladimir Putin, who has claimed the United States is meddling in Fifa's affairs in an attempt to take the 2018 World Cup away from his country."

It's just a pity that all those computers proving the Russian bid was whiter than Siberian snow were wiped, isn't it Vladimir?

He's not saying that because of any love for Blatter, he needs to get a dig in on the USA. His further quote was something like, I'd imagine there is some corruption, I don't know about that, but why is it the USA's business? ... Well, we raided an office HQ'd in Florida, USA ... Also we saved the world from evil again.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 29, 2015 4:28 am

kinkylola wrote:

He's not saying that because of any love for Blatter, he needs to get a dig in on the USA. His further quote was something like, I'd imagine there is some corruption, I don't know about that, but why is it the USA's business? ... Well, we raided an office HQ'd in Florida, USA ... Also we saved the world from evil again.

Yeah we sure did. Fuck Isis, we got Jack Warner.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 29, 2015 6:51 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

Yeah we sure did. Fuck Isis, we got Jack Warner.

Cheers

the war on 4 letter acronyms
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri May 29, 2015 8:03 am

Blue Oli wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see those parasites in some godforsaken US jail, but what I don't get is what right have the US courts got over foreign citizens committing crimes in foreign countries. Presumably they can only go for those that broke US laws where the US has jurisdiction: do they have jurisdiction in Switzerland?

It's illegal to drink alcohol in Saudi Arabia, could I be extradited over there because I drank beer in the UK?

Maybe I've missed something.

Their focus at the moment appears to be related to breaches of US corporate law involving US headquartered companies.

If they find evidence that whole tournament voting processes were rigged, I expect they will have some recourse to the ICC or some other jurisdiction perhaps where the crimes were committed but that doesn't appear to be their primary concern currently

Its not US companies at all...its people who've used our financial system or have had actual meetings here in the US where the bribes were negotiated.

Cheers

Basically anything that touched the US or a US entity such as a bank, an ISP, Christ if they even searched for a higher interest rate in the Cayman isles they can pull you - in this case quite fucklin right too

Right, I think I get it now. Silly boys, if they'd used the UK banking system to launder their money instead of US banks etc they would have got away with it.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby zuricity » Fri May 29, 2015 8:06 am

The US are going back 24 years with their investigations.

Before this method of World cup placement was introduced by Blatter and his cronies ( ie one time Africa, next Europe , next north America and so on).

In Europe , there was an apparent gentleman's agreement to allow the main players , ie Germany , France ,Italy, Spain and England, to rotate the World cup.

When it was England's time, Germany trumped England and were awarded the World Cup ahead of schedule ( ie England 66, Germany 72) and there was much consternation in England at losing out.

It would be interesting to know if the US investigations ,or any investigation brought any corruption findings came from that time too.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 29, 2015 10:29 am

zuricity wrote:The US are going back 24 years with their investigations.

Before this method of World cup placement was introduced by Blatter and his cronies ( ie one time Africa, next Europe , next north America and so on).

In Europe , there was an apparent gentleman's agreement to allow the main players , ie Germany , France ,Italy, Spain and England, to rotate the World cup.

When it was England's time, Germany trumped England and were awarded the World Cup ahead of schedule ( ie England 66, Germany 72) and there was much consternation in England at losing out.

It would be interesting to know if the US investigations ,or any investigation brought any corruption findings came from that time too.

We all know it's been corrupt since it was invented. How is a quasi a governmental international organization with no real.oversight NOT going to be corruptable at its core? It's the mafia. Plain and simple.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Hazy2 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:13 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

We all know it's been corrupt since it was invented. How is a quasi a governmental international organization with no real.oversight NOT going to be corruptable at its core? It's the mafia. Plain and simple.

Cheers

I see it as similar to the Vatican bank in the Godfather.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby kinkylola » Fri May 29, 2015 3:04 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

I see it as similar to the Vatican bank in the Godfather.

You mean the Vatican Bank in real life
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby kinkylola » Fri May 29, 2015 3:14 pm

The vote is being streamed live on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX-gu9pdKyg
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 29, 2015 5:17 pm

The U.S. Justice Department wouldn't be looking at that because it has nothing to do with activities that took place in America. Maybe someone in their investigation spoke of it, but that wouldn't hold any legal standing from their point of view.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 29, 2015 5:18 pm

And apparently they are having to re-vote as neither candidate won over 60%+ of the vote.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Fri May 29, 2015 5:21 pm

So much for that...

Blatter for the win
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 29, 2015 5:22 pm

PrezIke wrote:And apparently they are having to re-vote as neither candidate won over 60%+ of the vote.

which basically means that Blatter only needs a majority, so he should skate by in this one.

But who actually gives a fuck? It's completely done...FIFA is fucking over. They are finished. It will have to blown up and started afresh, unless Putin starts WW3 to defend the homeland's honour of a fair vote, which they accidentally destroyed computers and database files proving it was fair...ahem.

Yeah...their goose is cooked. I'd say Putin has Blatter wearing concrete loafers soon. Either that or the Qatari regime feeds him a sand-which a la the Sheik's brother. 'Member that shit?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby zuricity » Fri May 29, 2015 5:24 pm

PrezIke wrote:

The U.S. Justice Department wouldn't be looking at that because it has nothing to do with activities that took place in America. Maybe someone in their investigation spoke of it, but that wouldn't hold any legal standing from their point of view.

What are you talking about? If they find evidence of US companies bribing politicians / fifa executives etc for things related to the world cup in Germany some years ago, for example . You bet they will go after the parties involved. It is not so much about being on US soil , but with US entities involved.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Blatter wins as the other candidate withdraws after first ballot.

This stinks to high heaven
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum