Toure - staying?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Toure - staying?

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Does his agent have any other clients, he could get busy with?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Mon May 25, 2015 9:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I hope this isn't the start of the annual Yaya close season saga. I don't have issues with him staying if his role is reduced next season to more cameo appearances where he would come on late and torment a tired defence. That's if he genuinely wants to stay.
But I actually do think it is time for him to go. If this becomes a cat and mouse game between his agent and City and they fuck up our Summer transfer policy (if hopefully it involves Pogba), then I think he will only further tarnish his reputation amongst the supporters.
I think we'd all love to see business done quickly this summer. Hope he's not acting the twat again.

Shouldn't affect our plans whatsoever, gone are the days where YaYa or his agent pull the strings. The club should & WILL imo carry on regardless. At the end of the day where Yaya is concerned we can refuse to sell him if needs be, secure our targets and then if he's not happy and we've got what we want player wise, then and only then give him the option to leave or finish his career here, like he's said previously.

I suspect the he's staying is a way of his agent for once towing the club line, realising that unlike last summer, virtually any club would have taken him, which is no longer the case, Mancini being the only constant and public link, PSG were mentioned but purely from the wages aspect by the media . PSG iirc haven't themselves said they want him.

Personally, like most others, I'm not overly fussed either way.
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon May 25, 2015 9:14 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I hope this isn't the start of the annual Yaya close season saga. I don't have issues with him staying if his role is reduced next season to more cameo appearanceswhere he would come on late and torment a tired defence. That's if he genuinely wants to stay.
But I actually do think it is time for him to go. If this becomes a cat and mouse game between his agent and City and they fuck up our Summer transfer policy (if hopefully it involves Pogba), then I think he will only further tarnish his reputation amongst the supporters.
I think we'd all love to see business done quickly this summer. Hope he's not acting the twat again.

You want him to wear a codpiece?
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby CTID Hants » Mon May 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I hope this isn't the start of the annual Yaya close season saga. I don't have issues with him staying if his role is reduced next season to more cameo appearanceswhere he would come on late and torment a tired defence. That's if he genuinely wants to stay.

You want him to wear a codpiece?

Word Up
Watch on youtube.com
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Wooders wrote:Sky sports news "understands" that we're not willing to sell big yaya
Probably a bit late but fuck that, he's been the quality we've missed this season.

Unless there is an issue I'd accept him off the bench ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 25, 2015 10:38 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:Gazette dello Sport says we've agreed to sell to Milan and he's already looking for a house. His agent says he's staying because the Club say he's too important to let go.

When you say Milan who do you mean? Lord knows it's pissed us off enough times over the years when pundits and players refer to the rags as 'Manchester'.

Edit: that isn't a dig by the way. I genuinely would like to know which Milan team.

How the fuck is it meant to work.

Years ago when life was simple there were Inter Milan and AC Milan.
Then there were Milan and Inter
Now people are calling Inter Milan, Milan.
Anyway, they're both a bunch of hypocritical cunts with their whinging about FFP that they had a big part in putting in place.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CTID Hants » Mon May 25, 2015 10:53 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:Gazette dello Sport says we've agreed to sell to Milan and he's already looking for a house. His agent says he's staying because the Club say he's too important to let go.

When you say Milan who do you mean? Lord knows it's pissed us off enough times over the years when pundits and players refer to the rags as 'Manchester'.

Edit: that isn't a dig by the way. I genuinely would like to know which Milan team.

How the fuck is it meant to work.

Years ago when life was simple there were Inter Milan and AC Milan.
Then there were Milan and Inter
Now people are calling Inter Milan, Milan.
Anyway, they're both a bunch of hypocritical cunts with their whinging about FFP that they had a big part in putting in place.

They should be renamed inter hasbeens & ac hasbeens, neither are the club's they were once, both internationally or domestically. Hence the FFP change of heart, banking istree hasn't worked so they've had to change tack...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 26, 2015 12:33 am

Mase wrote:

everyone that's fucking followed football for 10 minutes knows that Meelahn is AC Milan and Inter is fucking Inter.

Is all.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Tue May 26, 2015 12:52 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:

everyone that's fucking followed football for 10 minutes knows that Meelahn is AC Milan and Inter is fucking Inter.

Is all.

cheers

Drawing from experience there.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:10 am

Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:

Is all.

cheers

Ouch....you should put that one in the 'Greatest Comebacks' Thread.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 26, 2015 11:25 am

Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:

Is all.

cheers

I thought you'd foe'd me you bullshit artist you.... Well played.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mike J » Tue May 26, 2015 11:31 am

Push him further forward with little or no defensive responsibilites and he is still a fucking great player. Im not too fussed if he stays or goes to be honest. Would be shifting on the likes of Nasri before him.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Tue May 26, 2015 11:59 am

Mike J wrote:Push him further forward with little or no defensive responsibilites and he is still a fucking great player. Im not too fussed if he stays or goes to be honest. Would be shifting on the likes of Nasri before him.

Of course this is the only way he can play. If he is to stay then he HAS to play in an advanced role behind the main striker with two in behind him. If Pellegrini intends to play him centrally with one other then both of them can forget it.
Whether he stays or not will give us an indication of how pellegrini intends to play next season.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 26, 2015 12:07 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mike J wrote:Push him further forward with little or no defensive responsibilites and he is still a fucking great player. Im not too fussed if he stays or goes to be honest. Would be shifting on the likes of Nasri before him.

Of course this is the only way he can play. If he is to stay then he HAS to play in an advanced role behind the main striker with two in behind him. If Pellegrini intends to play him centrally with one other then both of them can forget it.
Whether he stays or not will give us an indication of how pellegrini intends to play next season.

you post absolute rubbish, do you know that?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby sheblue » Tue May 26, 2015 12:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
sheblue wrote:

cheers

LOL people in glass houses, must not throw stones. did you know that.......LOL
cheers
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 26, 2015 1:29 pm

sheblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
sheblue wrote:

cheers

cheers

seriously tho...explain exactly how and why you think Yaya staying will dictate "how Pellegrini intends to play next season"? I'd like to hear these fucking pearls of wisdom. I can pretty much give you a stone-cold lead-pipe iron-clad lock that your opinion is absolutely based on bullshit and not reality.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Slim » Tue May 26, 2015 1:46 pm

Certainly didn't dictate it this season.

And with Bony bedded in, not sure this idea has legs.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 26, 2015 1:57 pm

This idea of Yaya playing in an advanced role is bobbins imo. We want to play attacking football, to do this successfully we have to play an aggressive pressing game from the front which Yaya is just not suited to.

There was a reason Barca played him just sitting deep in midfield.

Also, if he does move on we need someone in midfield with vision, himself and Lampard have this, Pizarro had it, the two Ferns don't have it at all. I haven't seen Pogba enough to know if he does.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 26, 2015 2:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
sheblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
sheblue wrote:

cheers

cheers

seriously tho...explain exactly how and why you think Yaya staying will dictate "how Pellegrini intends to play next season"? I'd like to hear these fucking pearls of wisdom. I can pretty much give you a stone-cold lead-pipe iron-clad lock that your opinion is absolutely based on bullshit and not reality.

cheers

I kinda get it, Yaya has been a liability at times in the CDM role and as Souness said yesterday, keep hi and play him further up, release him from defensive work and save his legs. What I dont think Souness understands is, there is no place for passengers against the top teams, if he is to become a luxury player, then its the Watfords of this league he will be playing against.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Tue May 26, 2015 2:39 pm

IF he stays, we need to deploy him in a different, more advanced, role. Especially in larger games. I dont believe he can do another season like this one just gone in the centre. If he is to play he needs two behind him.
If the manger has him staying in a week in week out 442 well cant see that one working. If he stays there will need to be change to accommodate him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum