Vieira to Newcastle according to Sky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Vieira to Newcastle according to Sky

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Take a look at @SkySportsNewsHQ's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/sta ... 21984?s=09

Not happy if it's true!! Verified Twitter account
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Re: Vieira to Newcastle according to Sky

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 30, 2015 9:40 pm

They reckon he will speak to them next week. Doesnt sound great. However, once he has met Ashley, he might sack it off.

Fingers crossed he stays. Couldnt blame him for wanting to try the top position though
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 30, 2015 9:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:They reckon he will speak to them next week. Doesnt sound great. However, once he has met Ashley, he might sack it off.

Fingers crossed he stays. Couldnt blame him for wanting to try the top position though

Yes I get that PV has ambitions, I also get he wont walk into to a top job, I'm more worried about doing a good job and wakening the barcodes and their gobby fans from their coma and giving that CUNT shearer summat to talk positively about. CUNT shearer will give full credit to gooners and ignore the fact he cut his managerial teeth with the EDS.

I think he's done brilliantly with the academy but he's not necessarily irreplaceable.

That all said and done, the day he leaves us will be a sad day and definitely it will be a loss to the club.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 30, 2015 10:34 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:They reckon he will speak to them next week. Doesnt sound great. However, once he has met Ashley, he might sack it off.

Yes I get that PV has ambitions, I also get he wont walk into to a top job, I'm more worried about doing a good job and wakening the barcodes and their gobby fans from their coma and giving that CUNT shearer summat to talk positively about. CUNT shearer will give full credit to gooners and ignore the fact he cut his managerial teeth with the EDS.

I think he's done brilliantly with the academy but he's not necessarily irreplaceable.

That all said and done, the day he leaves us will be a sad day and definitely it will be a loss to the club.

I think Newcastle would be the wrong job possibly at the right time for PV. Someone like a Bolton or Sheffield would be a better starting point IMO. Interesting that he hasn't signed a new contract with us yet. You never really know what goes on behind the scenes, maybe he has had a disagreement with Pellegrini over the lack of youth being promoted, maybe when he went over to Bayern he didn't like what Pep does and maybe he knows that he is the target next season. It's all speculation as I say and it could be as simple as he he wants to have the opportunity to be top dog at a club like he was in his playing days.

Wonder if any of the lads who watch the EDS games have ever had a chat with him and know a little of what he's about?
nottsblue

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 30, 2015 11:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:I think Newcastle would be the wrong job possibly at the right time for PV. Someone like a Bolton or Sheffield would be a better starting point IMO. Interesting that he hasn't signed a new contract with us yet. You never really know what goes on behind the scenes, maybe he has had a disagreement with Pellegrini over the lack of youth being promoted, maybe when he went over to Bayern he didn't like what Pep does and maybe he knows that he is the target next season. It's all speculation as I say and it could be as simple as he he wants to have the opportunity to be top dog at a club like he was in his playing days.

Wonder if any of the lads who watch the EDS games have ever had a chat with him and know a little of what he's about?

I agree, if he were to go he should attempt a non prem team and build up to managing a prem team.

I also understand the frustration of the fruit of the academy not being given chances with the first team, as you say perhaps the likes of Doug, twosips, Ted could share their thoughts?

I didn't know he had not signed a new contract?

The pep angle is one I wouldn't go with, but as you it's all supposition, I guess we'll find out in good time.

Whatever happens I'm sure PV and the club will part on mutual/amicable terms as and when the time comes be it next week or whenever.

Barcodes though would be a rash decision, Ashley is hardly famed for his manager relations, even if he's making noises of investment and being in it for the long run.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ruralblue » Sat May 30, 2015 11:18 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I think Newcastle would be the wrong job possibly at the right time for PV. Someone like a Bolton or Sheffield would be a better starting point IMO. Interesting that he hasn't signed a new contract with us yet. You never really know what goes on behind the scenes, maybe he has had a disagreement with Pellegrini over the lack of youth being promoted, maybe when he went over to Bayern he didn't like what Pep does and maybe he knows that he is the target next season. It's all speculation as I say and it could be as simple as he he wants to have the opportunity to be top dog at a club like he was in his playing days.

I agree, if he were to go he should attempt a non prem team and build up to managing a prem team.

I also understand the frustration of the fruit of the academy not being given chances with the first team, as you say perhaps the likes of Doug, twosips, Ted could share their thoughts?

The pep angle is one I wouldn't go with, but as you it's all supposition, I guess we'll find out in good time.

Whatever happens I'm sure PV and the club will part on mutual/amicable terms as and when the time comes be it next week or whenever.

Barcodes though would be a rash decision, Ashley is hardly famed for his manager relations, even if he's making noises of investment and being in it for the long run.

No offence nottsblue what so ever but is that speculation purely thoughts of what ifs in you're mind?

What if it's all just plain bullshit. We take it with a pinch of salt when it's said we are in for this, that and the other. So maybe this is all just paper talk. Won't believe it till its been leaked from Chinners bollox! :-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby dazby » Sun May 31, 2015 12:18 am

Newcastle is the perfect job for him. It's a job that comes without negative consequences. If you fail you've got the loophole that Mike Ashley hampered your progress. If you're successful it was done despite Ashley.

Did Pardew have his reputation tarnished by Newcastle? I'd argue that now he's got Palace flying it's a case of what could have been whilst at Geordieland.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Sun May 31, 2015 1:30 am

CTID Hants wrote:

EDIT: cause I was pissed when I wrote it and feel a bit tight this morning
Last edited by Mase on Sun May 31, 2015 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Slim » Sun May 31, 2015 3:52 am

dazby wrote:Newcastle is the perfect job for him. It's a job that comes without negative consequences. If you fail you've got the loophole that Mike Ashley hampered your progress. If you're successful it was done despite Ashley.

Did Pardew have his reputation tarnished by Newcastle? I'd argue that now he's got Palace flying it's a case of what could have been whilst at Geordieland.

Yet Carver comes off looking like a right muppet.

And I think if Newcastle want any hope of staying up next season they need an experienced hand on the tiller, French Pat might be brilliant for them, but there is every chance(possibly more of a chance) that he'll cock everything up and be looking for a coaching job by December.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun May 31, 2015 6:09 am

Slim wrote:
dazby wrote:Newcastle is the perfect job for him. It's a job that comes without negative consequences. If you fail you've got the loophole that Mike Ashley hampered your progress. If you're successful it was done despite Ashley.

Yet Carver comes off looking like a right muppet.

And I think if Newcastle want any hope of staying up next season they need an experienced hand on the tiller, French Pat might be brilliant for them, but there is every chance(possibly more of a chance) that he'll cock everything up and be looking for a coaching job by December.

Carver looked a cunt because of the way he went about it. Just as bad as Rodgers at giving the press a soundbyte.

This would be a shame, but if it happens where does that leave those who thought he was going to stick around our back room for another 4 years until he inherited the throne from Guardiola?

It's a ridiculous expectation to have of him to do that and his head will get turned the longer he is playing 2nd fiddle. With any luck he will go make his mistakes elsewhere, and in 3 or 4 years time if he is doing well we can go and nab him - only fly in the ointment is that if he did reasonably well somewhere like Newcastle, he'd likely end up at PSG if Larry Blanc got the bullet and we may struggle to bring him back to England.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 31, 2015 7:22 am

ruralblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

No offence nottsblue what so ever but is that speculation purely thoughts of what ifs in you're mind?

What if it's all just plain bullshit. We take it with a pinch of salt when it's said we are in for this, that and the other. So maybe this is all just paper talk. Won't believe it till its been leaked from Chinners bollox! :-)

Absolutely Rural, that the couple of scenarios mooted are just pure speculation. As i say, you never know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe others have theories as to why he would want to leave. It is highly likely i am well wide of the mark, just throwing an idea or two out there
nottsblue

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun May 31, 2015 7:32 am

this is paddy being sent out 'on loan' to see how he gets on
win / win
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ruralblue » Sun May 31, 2015 7:32 am

I get you fella. Just hope it is bullshit as would love to see him stay.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun May 31, 2015 8:15 am

Why do we seem to think he's annoyed here? He's not been here that long and he's not even been an assistant yet, nowhere near our top job imo.

On a related note what is the average stint in academies/lower gigs before walking into a big club gig? Have any other team in our position hired someone like this before? (Other than pep)
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun May 31, 2015 8:46 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Why do we seem to think he's annoyed here? He's not been here that long and he's not even been an assistant yet, nowhere near our top job imo.

On a related note what is the average stint in academies/lower gigs before walking into a big club gig? Have any other team in our position hired someone like this before? (Other than pep)

I just don't think it's realistic to expect anyone with the profile of Patrick Vieira be sitting behind the scenes for 6 years or so on the off chance that we MIGHT give him the nod not after this manager, but after the one after that.

What if Guardiola comes in and decides to stay for 5 years. Beyond that, what is Vieira going to learn as assistant manager, or whatever other role people seem to think he's earmarked for. Is that even a promotion given he loses the autonomy he has as head of the EDS?

Even if he doesn't go for this gig, will have his head turned plenty of times in the future until one day, he goes. What then for the big plan?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 31, 2015 9:27 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Why do we seem to think he's annoyed here? He's not been here that long and he's not even been an assistant yet, nowhere near our top job imo.

I just don't think it's realistic to expect anyone with the profile of Patrick Vieira be sitting behind the scenes for 6 years or so on the off chance that we MIGHT give him the nod not after this manager, but after the one after that.

What if Guardiola comes in and decides to stay for 5 years. Beyond that, what is Vieira going to learn as assistant manager, or whatever other role people seem to think he's earmarked for. Is that even a promotion given he loses the autonomy he has as head of the EDS?

Even if he doesn't go for this gig, will have his head turned plenty of times in the future until one day, he goes. What then for the big plan?

What big plan would that be ?

The one where Vieira learns to be a manager & we find out whether he can do the job at City in the future, or the one where Vieira learns to be a manager & we find out whether he can do the job at City in the future?

Or is there another one ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun May 31, 2015 9:29 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

I don't expect him to sit for 6 years, but why not make him assistant next season and see what he's got in him at this stage? Or offer him that job under whoever we bring in the season following if pellers isn't extending? If we're really doing 3 yet cycles he could build up step by step in the next 4 and be in one of the best gigs in the world buh then end of that time.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun May 31, 2015 9:30 am

Vieira needs experience. Good luck to him at Newcastle, if he goes. I can't think there are many PL clubs that would appoint a new manager, with no prior management experience.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun May 31, 2015 9:52 am

Plain Speaking wrote:Vieira needs experience. Good luck to him at Newcastle, if he goes. I can't think there are many PL clubs that would appoint a new manager, with no prior management experience.

it worked out for them with kk...
football world has moved on since then though...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun May 31, 2015 10:05 am

If he does anything other than fail at Newcastle, then he has some serious talent.

For anyone talking about Vieira being upset or walking out or refusing to sign contracts etc etc; there is enough imformation available to you, which should be easily able to quash any fears of any such things happening.

I posted a big article on Vieira talking to Martin Keown at the opening of the Academy, this season, where all of this kind of stuff was dealt with, not just by Vieira. I can't be arsed finding it as I'm working away, but it's on here & if anyone really wants to know about Vieira's situation with City rather than just panicking, they should find it. The theme is that Vieira is now 100% City, feels he owes us & would never do anything without City's consent.

He also said you don't go from academy manager, to managing Manchester City.

If Vieira does leave, it is to test himself, & if we want him back in the future, we will get him back.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum