Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:13 pm

blues2win wrote:Graham Hunter says Rags have bid 40 million euros for Ramos and he has told Real he wants the bid accepted.

Man Utd don't want to raise Ramos bid after €40m bid rejected - sources

Manchester United do not want to raise their €40 million -- currently around £28m -- bid for Sergio Ramos as they won't pay over the odds for the Real Madrid defender, sources have told ESPN FC.

Ramos was the subject of a first offer from United last week, which the club believes represents value for money for a 29-year-old with two years left on his current deal but was rejected.

Real Madrid have reportedly demanded £65m for Ramos -- which would break the British transfer record United paid them for Angel Di Maria (£59.7m) last summer -- and want to hold talks with the player over a new deal.

United are conscious that Thiago Silva, who became the most expensive defender in footballing history when Paris Saint-Germain paid €44.4m for him in 2012, was 27 when he moved, whereas Ramos is now 18 months older than the Brazilian was then.

The former Sevilla defender's contract expires in 2017 and talks about an extension have broken down.

But despite the fact that Real rejected United's first offer and while manager Louis van Gaal has around £150m to spend this summer, the English club do not want to be held to ransom.

Even at €40m, Ramos could, depending upon the fluctuating pound-euro exchange rate, become the costliest defender in United's history, replacing Rio Ferdinand, who cost £30m when he was signed as a 23-year-old from Leeds in 2002.

Assistant manager Ryan Giggs spoke at the weekend of how United are targeting "proven winners" to strengthen the spine of their side, and they turned to Ramos after Borussia Dortmund insisted that Mats Hummels is not leaving the Westfalenstadion this summer.

Ramos has won the World Cup and two European Championships with Spain plus the Champions League and three La Liga titles with Real.

Meanwhile, sources told ESPN FC last week that Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is weighing up offers from two Premier League clubs -- one of whom is United -- but the Old Trafford outfit have not yet agreed a deal for him.

The France international and Bastian Schweinsteiger are Van Gaal's prime targets in the centre of the pitch, although it appears the latter is planning to stay at Bayern Munich.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2507483/m ... eal-madrid
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:17 pm

i hope they get neither Pigfucker or Ramos. Schneiderlin is an upgrade for them, despite the accolades that Carrick gets, at times deservedly so, but mostly in such an exaggerated fashion.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:34 am

blues2win wrote:Graham Hunter says Rags have bid 40 million euros for Ramos and he has told Real he wants the bid accepted.

Graham Hunter is just another soundbite journo, the crap he came out with on SSN was just journo sensationalistic bollox.

"Ramos wants to come to the premier league"
"Ramos is excited by the united project"
"Ramos wants to be part of the united rebuilding"

So Graham hunter who spouts shite about la liga all the time, all of a sudden has a direct line to Ramos.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby gillie » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:21 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Graham Hunter is just another soundbite journo, the crap he came out with on SSN was just journo sensationalistic bollox.

"Ramos wants to come to the premier league"
"Ramos is excited by the united project"
"Ramos wants to be part of the united rebuilding"

So Graham hunter who spouts shite about la liga all the time, all of a sudden has a direct line to Ramos.

He is supposed to be the inside guy on Barca not Madrid so like you say Bob it's just journo bollox.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:36 am

This story about Fabinho doesn't seem to be going away. Strange thing is, it looks like he has just signed for Monaco less than a month ago from Rio Ave, who signed him 3 seasons ago and simply loaned him out for 3 years.

http://www.asmonaco.com/en/article/fabi ... 68084.html
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby sheblue » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:52 am

Dameerto wrote:Arsenal finally have a decent keeper. (Story is currently breaking):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33318367

Arsenal have signed Petr Cech from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

The Czech Republic goalkeeper, who played more than 400 club games in 11 seasons at Stamford Bridge, has joined the Gunners on a long-term contract.

Cech, 33, made only six league appearances last season after losing his place to Thibaut Courtois.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said: "Petr Cech is a player I have admired for a long time and I am very pleased that he has decided to join us."

Cech added: "When Arsene Wenger spoke to me about his ambitions for this club, and how he saw me as part of this team, the decision was clear."

A very good signing for them. They are meant to be after Vidal too, he would be a great signing for anyone.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:01 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:This story about Fabinho doesn't seem to be going away. Strange thing is, it looks like he has just signed for Monaco less than a month ago from Rio Ave, who signed him 3 seasons ago and simply loaned him out for 3 years.

http://www.asmonaco.com/en/article/fabi ... 68084.html

It's not unusual that they would make the deal permanent for a low-ish fee that was agreed upon beforehand and then move him on for a profit. Monaco are also having some financial issues, so that's even less surprising.

A bit odd that a club like Rio Ave would loan a player to Real Madrid and Monaco in the first place, though??
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:27 am

blues2win wrote:Still possible he'll be given a bumper new contract at RM but relations with the Club seem to have broken down for whatever reason. If the rags are prepared to spend big money they will strengthen their squad so there's no point in worrying about it. We will strengthen too.

Wan't he supposed to be unhappy at the way the Club had treated Ancelloti and [his best friend] Casillas ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:15 am

Meanwhile Begovic is on his way to Chelsea's bench. Great choice for a backup and homegrown, as well. Reported wages might be a bit steep though at £65k/week. Anyone know what Willy's on?
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:55 am

I pray to god they buy Ramos, beside the fact they will spend a shitload of money, he will be eaten alive here. After playing seasons agains teams where you win 4-0, 7-0, 8-3, i am looking forward for their trip to Stoke with Ramos playing.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby clippo22 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:36 pm

PeterParker wrote:I pray to god they buy Ramos, beside the fact they will spend a shitload of money, he will be eaten alive here. After playing seasons agains teams where you win 4-0, 7-0, 8-3, i am looking forward for their trip to Stoke with Ramos playing.

A World Cup, 2 European championships, a champions league, la liga titles and your looking forward to him being eaten alive at Stoke?! Give the guy some credit! Definetly don't want the rags signing him, he will improve their defence massively!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:56 pm

clippo22 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I pray to god they buy Ramos, beside the fact they will spend a shitload of money, he will be eaten alive here. After playing seasons agains teams where you win 4-0, 7-0, 8-3, i am looking forward for their trip to Stoke with Ramos playing.

A World Cup, 2 European championships, a champions league, la liga titles and your looking forward to him being eaten alive at Stoke?! Give the guy some credit! Definetly don't want the rags signing him, he will improve their defence massively!

Wait and see. Remember that De Gea needed two years here. Ramos doesn”t have that much time
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:07 pm

clippo22 wrote:

Either Craig Burley or Steve Nicol (can't remember which one said it) has been saying the same thing expect he used Leicester City as an example.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:17 pm

PeterParker wrote:
clippo22 wrote:

Wait and see. Remember that De Gea needed two years here. Ramos doesn”t have that much time

De Gea was 20 years old. Ramos might be a tad overrated by some and a massive bellend, but he's considerably better than their current batch of jokers in that position, hence an immediate upgrade.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:30 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
clippo22 wrote:

De Gea was 20 years old. Ramos might be a tad overrated by some and a massive bellend, but he's considerably better than their current batch of jokers in that position, hence an immediate upgrade.

Well he hasn't much to contend with, has he ?? - especially as the Scum have given Phil Jones a new, five year contract.

Butthead obviously knows a good defender when he sees one ..........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:42 pm

clippo22 wrote:

add to that list a season's worth of games served in suspensions over the course of his career.... he's going to find it tough to adapt. if he signs. which he won't.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:36 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
clippo22 wrote:

I'm better than their current defenders and I can't tackle, run, head or pass.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:03 pm

Sergio Ramos wants Real Madrid stay, not Man Utd move, says mother

Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos does not want to leave the club to join Manchester United, according to his mother Paqui Garcia.

Ramos, 29, was the subject of a €40 million bid from Manchester United last week, which was rejected, but reports suggested that the Spain international still wanted to depart the Bernabeu this summer and join Louis van Gaal's side.

Real Madrid have reportedly demanded £65m for Ramos -- which would break the British transfer record, which was set when United paid them £59.7m for Angel Di Maria last summer -- but sources told ESPN FC that the club are keen to enter talks with the player over a new contract, which expires in 2017.

Indeed Ramos' mother, Paqui Garcia, said that her son does not want to leave Madrid when interviewed by Antena 3 in Spain, saying: "Of course, Real Madrid before all else."

When asked about a possible move to Manchester United, she added: "No, I don't think so. Let's go. He wants Spain."

Sources told ESPN FC earlier this week that United were not keen to raise their €40m offer as they did not believe it represented value for money for a 29-year-old.

Ramos has won the World Cup and two European Championships with Spain plus the Champions League and three La Liga titles with Real and is a firm fan favourite at the Bernabeu.

http://www.espnfc.us/real-madrid/story/ ... d-move-mum
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:22 pm

Rekik to Marseille subject to a medical.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 pm

blues2win wrote:Rekik to Marseille subject to a medical.

a number? I hope it's at least 8M.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum