Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby dazby » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Can we buy Ross Barkley now please?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:24 pm

dazby wrote:Can we buy Ross Barkley now please?

30m for Barkley seems like a deal now after this Belgian hijacking we've been on for 2 months.

I'd support that idea. He'd look like a world beater surrounded by Dave and Yaya.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:27 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

30m for Barkley seems like a deal now after this Belgian hijacking we've been on for 2 months.

I'd support that idea. He'd look like a world beater surrounded by Dave and Yaya.

Cheers

LOL look at the Stones saga, it be some fun getting him off martinez.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:29 pm

No chance of that happening.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:31 pm

Sadly the transfer saga is still going with Kevin de Coward

We are a bit in panic mode, i think.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mike J » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Sounds like Marcos Lopes is off to Monaco for 8.8million. Shame, i had high hopes for him
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:19 pm

phips wrote:
Manchester City are close to securing the signing of Villarreal youngster Aleix Garcia, Goal has learned.

The 18-year-old winger will arrive in England on Tuesday to complete a deal which could land his current club up to £2 million depending on his progress at the Etihad Stadium.

Garcia made his senior debut as a 17-year-old on the final weekend of last season, coming on for the final 12 minutes of the Yellow Submarine's 4-0 defeat at Athletic Bilbao.

As a 16-year-old, and one of the youngest members of the squad, he made three appearances for Villarreal B in the Spanish second tier during the 2013-14 campaign, and a further seven last term before he was blooded in the first team.

officially signed this guy today
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Scatman » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:23 pm

phips wrote:
phips wrote:
Manchester City are close to securing the signing of Villarreal youngster Aleix Garcia, Goal has learned.

The 18-year-old winger will arrive in England on Tuesday to complete a deal which could land his current club up to £2 million depending on his progress at the Etihad Stadium.

Garcia made his senior debut as a 17-year-old on the final weekend of last season, coming on for the final 12 minutes of the Yellow Submarine's 4-0 defeat at Athletic Bilbao.

As a 16-year-old, and one of the youngest members of the squad, he made three appearances for Villarreal B in the Spanish second tier during the 2013-14 campaign, and a further seven last term before he was blooded in the first team.

officially signed this guy today

They haven't signed anyone til they text me to say so
Scatman

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:02 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Deal done according to a lot of German ITK

Deal done according to German Sky but they are notorious for not having a clue. They are as respected for accurate transfer reporting as the Sun is. The clubs have not even agreed a fee so he won't be signing this side of the weekend, if at all.

Looks that way, for me Buzz Juve and cough up the 75 mill, we have it. lets spend it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gillie » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:53 am

I cannot see this deal happening now as Wolfsburg will have no time left in the window to sign KDBs replacement.Also I personally do not think the lad is worth the fee he has had one good season so imo we walk away and carry on with what we have.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:15 am

gillie wrote:I cannot see this deal happening now as Wolfsburg will have no time left in the window to sign KDBs replacement.Also I personally do not think the lad is worth the fee he has had one good season so imo we walk away and carry on with what we have.

If you are right what a mess, Pogba deal now would look like sloppy seconds, who looks like Chelsea or Barca bound.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:46 am

Hazy2 wrote:
gillie wrote:I cannot see this deal happening now as Wolfsburg will have no time left in the window to sign KDBs replacement.Also I personally do not think the lad is worth the fee he has had one good season so imo we walk away and carry on with what we have.

If you are right what a mess, Pogba deal now would look like sloppy seconds, who looks like Chelsea or Barca bound.

no deal for Pogba would look like "sloppy seconds"...he's the marquee motherfucker. He's not going anywhere this window imho.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:09 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

no deal for Pogba would look like "sloppy seconds"...he's the marquee motherfucker. He's not going anywhere this window imho.

cheers

Maybe, but we have chased KDB to a tune.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:11 am

Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

cheers

because we feel he's the most useful "gettable" cunt on the market. Pogba isn't attainable or we'd have not dropped the pursuit, seemingly. Don't you think? I don't think we're mugs. quite the opposite. I don't think we ever have been since the takeover for that matter. I had my Leatherface rant a coupla summers ago, where we just didn't seem to want to press the issue and get some players in but in hindsight i'm 100% sure that was us hedging our FFP bets and trying to buy in numbers for squad depth. I'm sure Mancini knew why we were doing that, and his public reaction was probably one of many things that made his position untenable as he pissed everyone off. Marwood is still Leatherface btw...he can't change that even with plastic surgery.

We do our business quietly, effectively and we don't supremely overpay for talent anymore than other top top clubs do imo.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:10 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

cheers

because we feel he's the most useful "gettable" cunt on the market. Pogba isn't attainable or we'd have not dropped the pursuit, seemingly. Don't you think? I don't think we're mugs. quite the opposite. I don't think we ever have been since the takeover for that matter. I had my Leatherface rant a coupla summers ago, where we just didn't seem to want to press the issue and get some players in but in hindsight i'm 100% sure that was us hedging our FFP bets and trying to buy in numbers for squad depth. I'm sure Mancini knew why we were doing that, and his public reaction was probably one of many things that made his position untenable as he pissed everyone off. Marwood is still Leatherface btw...he can't change that even with plastic surgery.

We do our business quietly, effectively and we don't supremely overpay for talent anymore than other top top clubs do imo.

cheers

Bollocks, this has more hits than Eastfuckingenders, 50 + mill is mental, cheers.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Seems everyone I've talked to seems adamant he is a Barca player next season. Makes perfect sense to me as well.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Really interesting facts regarding De Gay”s saga at Filth. There are no more rumours from Madrid, he looks like he might be staying, but Louie does what he knows best, a conflict with him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:27 pm

@City_Watch: Girona announce the sale of defender Florian Lejeune (24) to City with the Frenchman returning to Girona on loan.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:@City_Watch: Girona announce the sale of defender Florian Lejeune (24) to City with the Frenchman returning to Girona on loan.

What's the point of signing players from Spanish second division? It's not like this is a kid either. #baffled
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby JamieMCFC » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:38 am

Hazy2 wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Deal done according to a lot of German ITK

Deal done according to German Sky but they are notorious for not having a clue. They are as respected for accurate transfer reporting as the Sun is. The clubs have not even agreed a fee so he won't be signing this side of the weekend, if at all.

Looks that way, for me Buzz Juve and cough up the 75 mill, we have it. lets spend it.

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum