Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:42 am

Burt wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Jason McAteer stated loud and clear on talkspite this morning that Sterling's behaviour, in refusing to train and travel, is on the advice of City. We are advising him in the background apparently.

Simple.................sue the bin dippin cunt!!!

He is known as the thickest bloke in football, but I do agree with you. Alan Brazil thought his theory was "interesting."
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:53 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Burt wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Jason McAteer stated loud and clear on talkspite this morning that Sterling's behaviour, in refusing to train and travel, is on the advice of City. We are advising him in the background apparently.

He is known as the thickest bloke in football, but I do agree with you. Alan Brazil thought his theory was "interesting."

The only person who agrees with Jason Thickoteer is the person who is less intelligent than he is. I don't think there is anyone?

I would love city to make him publicly apologise.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:56 am

Wonderwall wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Burt wrote:

The only person who agrees with Jason Thickoteer is the person who is less intelligent than he is. I don't think there is anyone?

And Carragher too. His statement read like it had been written by the Dippers PR department. There's no way he could have come up with something like he did, which stayed just barely the right side of libel.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:01 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Burt wrote:

And Carragher too. His statement read like it had been written by the Dippers PR department. There's no way he could have come out with something like he did, which stayed just barely the right side of libel.

I enjoyed carraghers first season on sky but he has turned into a Liverpool PR machine. At least Neville can give a professional viewpoint. I have really gone off carragher in the last 12 months.
Wonderwall

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:19 am

Vermin, what do you expect.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:23 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Burt wrote:

His nickname with 'Pool and Ireland was 'Trigger'. Says it all really.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:30 am

Regarding this year's summer transfer window, I think Donald Rumsfeld (ITK) summed it up best.
"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

I think the last bit is where we have to rely on Twitter to put us straight.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:45 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Burt wrote:

Let's not be naive here, while it's doubtful City would actively encourage such behaviour, the lads agent sure as hell will be.

If he wants a move and City are steadfast that the last offer was truly a "final offer" then Sterling will have to agitate. Ultimately though, he will have to put in a transfer request to get his move if City don't up the offer, however i'd imagine the agent is advising him to use more underhanded tactics first, as as soon as he puts the request in, Sterling (and his agent) lose the players "Loyalty Bonus" which in a transfer like this, could be £5 million plus.

Money talks and this will get ugly.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:40 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Burt wrote:

Thick or not he just defamed us via the national media.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Burt wrote:

And Carragher too. His statement read like it had been written by the Dippers PR department. There's no way he could have come out with something like he did, which stayed just barely the right side of libel.

I enjoyed carraghers first season on sky but he has turned into a Liverpool PR machine. At least Neville can give a professional viewpoint. I have really gone off carragher in the last 12 months.

Gone off him in the last twelve months? Surely you have only ever had contempt for him
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Oh dear Florentino Perez pictured hugging a grinning Sergio Ramos. Another rag snub?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:Gone off him in the last twelve months? Surely you have only ever had contempt for him

Good point well made
Wonderwall

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:I'm obviously too impatient, but if the reports are true and we are not increasing our bids for Pogba & Sterling, could we see another Hazard scenario? If the club don't deliver on the 'big signings' promise then I expect an explanation why

why?

If I stood there and told everyone I was going to make big signings & didn't deliver, sure I'd expect to explain why that hadn't happened
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby ruralblue » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Thing is Dunnylad we are only really just a week and a couple of days into the transfer window. Who really knows what's going on??? We aren't going to tell the media shit all cause no matter what we say as a club it will get twisted and used against us in the name of sensational journalism. Some thing really big could be in the offering or maybe not. We won't know till its announced unfortunately for us eager fans that's the way it's going to be these days. One thing I do believe is Kaldoon and if he says we are going to spend then we will.

Remain patient.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:06 pm

ruralblue wrote:Thing is Dunnylad we are only really just a week and a couple of days into the transfer window. Who really knows what's going on??? We aren't going to tell the media shit all cause no matter what we say as a club it will get twisted and used against us in the name of sensational journalism. Some thing really big could be in the offering or maybe not. We won't know till its announced unfortunately for us eager fans that's the way it's going to be these days. One thing I do believe is Kaldoon and if he says we are going to spend then we will.

Remain patient.

Why people keep using that as an argument like you can't sign players before that..?
We signed Silva and Toure in June for example and more recently the Cech/Arse or Depay/rags deals for example were done in June.

So. It is NOT like we've had a week and couple of days, even if you don't count may it's almost month and half gone now in the summer and what we have is Turkish kid no one had heard of before.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:38 pm

Thanks Rural, I just worry that the market has been moving, but we seem to be fixated on one or two big names (as you say.if we believe the press) and we have track record in missing out on big targets & instead picking up lesser lights (we've not always failed, but seemed in a sniff for Hazard & Sanchez before they went to Chelsea & Barca) We are starting pre-season training without these signings in place and the opening game of the season is 4 weeks away - not a lot of time. I'll endeavour to stay patient but it isn't easy...
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:45 pm

Dunnylad wrote:Thanks Rural, I just worry that the market has been moving, but we seem to be fixated on one or two big names (as you say.if we believe the press) and we have track record in missing out on big targets & instead picking up lesser lights (we've not always failed, but seemed in a sniff for Hazard & Sanchez before they went to Chelsea & Barca) We are starting pre-season training without these signings in place and the opening game of the season is 4 weeks away - not a lot of time. I'll endeavour to stay patient but it isn't easy...

Seems to be a bit of movement in the Sterling saga. Two papers reporting a final offer of 40m + 5m addons. If true I think Sterling will be joining the lads in Australia next week. You wouldn't put it past the Dippers to be stupid enough to reject it, however. Although I would suspect City have assurances that they won't. But what do I know?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:46 am

The reality is our top targets are difficult signings to make without spending even more ridiculous cash than anyone wants given the current marketplace.

When we signed Yaya and Silva and then Aguero it was a different period both in our position as a club in stature/reputation, as well as having no FFP in place.

We are again seeking top talent, and what is unfortunate is that if we had no FFP restrictions last summer I'm thinking Pogba would have become a City player then. Now? Not so sure.

It's a game of chicken at this point. Yes, last year's FFP restrictions and our performance on the pitch increased the need for adding top players, home grown players, and younger ones ready to play/with high potential. The sellers know this, yet they also cannot dictate the negotiations and we simply succumb to whatever they ask. As a result more patience than in the past will be required to have a real chance unless we plan to not care about FFP at all, which I don't believe is going to be our approach just yet.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:47 am

Can somebody ell me how far are we in KDB transfer and Delph , and do we have the plan to strengthen our defense because honestly Mangala does not cut it?
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:58 am

Cit.revenge wrote:Can somebody ell me how far are we in KDB transfer and Delph , and do we have the plan to strengthen our defense because honestly Mangala does not cut it?

Our defence is fine imo with the addition of Denayer. Maybe just maybe we will replace Sagna with a younger version.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum