Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:Mad Mario being loaned back to Milan, poor Liverpool signing Mario just didn't work out did it

It wasn't their fault.

and as a result...

candles and wreaths as soon as the deal is finalized. Feel so badly for this team. Cursed! Yet, never alone.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Here's what Brenda had to say about the Mario transfer.

"I think we have done a really smart piece of business here," said Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

"This transfer represents outstanding value for the club."

That was in 2014 btw.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby AG7 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:29 pm

zuricity wrote:Here's what Brenda had to say about the Mario transfer.

"I think we have done a really smart piece of business here," said Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

That was in 2014 btw.

For a minute I thought he was referring to sending him back to Milan on loan WHILE PAYING HALF OF HIS WAGES FOR THE YEAR, LOL!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:00 pm

AG7 wrote:

That was in 2014 btw.

For a minute I thought he was referring to sending him back to Milan on loan WHILE PAYING HALF OF HIS WAGES FOR THE YEAR, LOL!

to be fair jettisoning half his wages isn't a horrible story if he isn't going to use him.

Mario is a mystery. Like i've said before...he's just on a wavelength that's different than most and he's not met his complement who can make him the Mario he should be.

I think he will if he gets focused.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:14 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Where has Ted gone, was it on a Free ?

I think he has gone on loan to a Chelsea forum. It's 12 months with a view to a permanent move.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Now that Stones has handed in a transfer request to force a move to Chelsea, I wonder if every opposition fan will boo him and the media will make out what a selfish horrible little shit he is? Probably not.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:13 am

He wasn't horrible for Milan last year like some people are making out... he actually had a pretty incredible goals/games ratio

26 goals in 43, with 10 of those being penalties. Not bad at all and hope to see him do well

Bodgers has really shown himself out as being a horrible man manager as well. Out of all the people who have tried to get the best out of Mario, brandan in in last place by miles

Also, apparently Mario deleted every photo about liverpool on his instagram https://instagram.com/mb459/
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:19 am

Mase wrote:Now that Stones has handed in a transfer request to force a move to Chelsea, I wonder if every opposition fan will boo him and the media will make out what a selfish horrible little shit he is? Probably not.

He's also fucking over Everton by leaving this late and considering the state of their defence.

Way worse than anything people accuse Sterling of, as Liverpool have plenty of bodies in his position, and he was clear with his intentions early and all along "get me out of this shithole"
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby michaelcityfan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:15 am

Why are Chelsea being linked to Pogba ? do we not want a player like that? De Bruyne does not appear to want to join us said to be waiting on PSG and others. If these players don't want to play for us why chase them were better than that aren't we.? I won't be happy if Maureen signs our long term target pogba and De Bruyne appears to lack the balls and the will to make a transfer request to join us OR is it all agent and press bullshit. It's an honor playing for city some of these boys don't seem to get that.
And where's my fucking season ticket?
CTID luckily
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:47 am

Not convinced by our chase of KDB. 200 grand a week and he sits on his hands.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:23 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
AG7 wrote:

That was in 2014 btw.

to be fair jettisoning half his wages isn't a horrible story if he isn't going to use him.

Mario is a mystery. Like i've said before...he's just on a wavelength that's different than most and he's not met his complement who can make him the Mario he should be.

I think he will if he gets focused.

cheers

I cant see him making another move away from Italy after this. I can see him gradually moving downwards in serie a and being a bigger fish in a smaller pond. on the one hand its frustrating seeing that he has match winning ability and its not being fulfilled, but he is a character, harmless really...and he is his own man. Cant knock him for that. Just think of all the nasty little shits in the game who hide behind a soft public persona.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby sheblue » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:12 am

Hope Mario gets his act together. But cant really see it happening.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:05 am

Di Marzio says PSG have pretty well done the deal with Monaco for Kurzawa so that almost certainly settles the fact that we're not going to buy a left back this window.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:15 am

Article on the De Bruyne situation from a sensible source:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... resolution
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:55 am

when Joleon joined us he was a twat for his actions, when Stones wants out, the likes of Andy Gray pop up with he understands the lad as he was CL football. No media bias then.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:00 pm

Guillem Balague spot on about Neymar. The rags are being used by the Neymar family as part of a long drawn out battle with Barca before he eventually extends with them. I hope the Club are smart enough not to get drawn into this farce, not just now but in the future. If Barca ever wanted to sell then it's a different matter but it's very unlikely they will.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:03 pm

blues2win wrote:Guillem Balague spot on about Neymar. The rags are being used by the Neymar family as part of a long drawn out battle with Barca before he eventually extends with them. I hope the Club are smart enough not to get drawn into this farce, not just now but in the future. If Barca ever wanted to sell then it's a different matter but it's very unlikely they will.

He is as big a cheat as he is a talented footballer. I would hate watching him dive in our shirt.

Give me an honest Aguero any day of the week
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:40 pm

Manchester United could probably earn a few quid if they just register themselves as agents and take the 15% from all these new contracts they’re helping other players to sign. Apparently Thomas Müller is the latest to find their reported interest very handy indeed when negotiating a box-fresh deal from Bayern, which will earn him something like €10million-a-year.

Might as well add Neymar to the list. Top man Woodward.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:26 pm

So it seems a number of our fans don't want or are mad at De Bruyne unless he publicly states he wants to leave, and only to us.

I am gathering he wants to go to a bigger club, and that he would not mind it being us (as he already reportedly agreed to terms with us), but he doesn't have to be desperate to come to us only. We are not the only option out there, just like Pogba and Juve appear to also be waiting for the best option, and Sterling I believe would have gone to a big London club if Liverpool's asking price was not so high.

We know Bayern is interested as are other top clubs. Wolfsbug's position, in particular the price and the fact that they don't need the money, appears to be the problem. He also surely he knows it will not shine upon him well to make his feelings public going to us when seeing what happened with Sterling.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:01 pm

I think people are just bored to tears with the whole saga mate, and would rather carry on as normal unless/until something actually happens.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum