Women's World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Women's World Cup

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:10 pm

Nice to see City players influencing the game.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:From the moment Norway scored, that turd's tactics went out of the window, & England had to come out & try to win, & looked a better side than Norway.

How the fuck Jill Scott isn't the first name on the team sheet fucking baffles me. She could play for France.

haha thought the very same thing. We won that game despite the manager. I thought at half time that City ladies play miles better football than this lot and it can't be down to the standard of the players. Norway weren't good and we were awful in that first half. No composure,awful first touch and appalling passing.

Norway probably thought they had won it when they scored as weren't really a threat but as they maybe dropped the pace we got forward and squeezed two goals Great win in the end but surely surely we can play better football than that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:10 am

Jill Scott was easily the best player at city while I was there. She changed the game last night. Jody Taylor was also very good and I wouldn't be surprised to see her start the next game. Jill should also be thrown back in.

Not sure what KB was doing for that the first goal but think she may have just lost her bearings a little. It was a mistake but can't really fault her display as she played well.

2nd goal was super and would grace a game at any level. He does need to play to England's strengths though instead of worrying about everyone else. They looked very good once the shackles came off.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:40 am

Dameerto wrote:Nice to see City players influencing the game.

We've such a presence there I'm wondering why we dont walk the league?

Still, they only flash it up for half a second on SKY of course, but it's good to see "Katie Bronze/Steph Houghton, Manchester City and England'.

All good for world domination.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:39 am

Last nights game was the old "Game of two halves" Absolutely shocking in the first half, very poor decision making and execution of passes was so poor it was inexcusable. It may have been hot, but it wasn't searing heat and they were playing on a perfect surface, although the bounce was a little strange.

Lucy Bronze was our best player, great energy and enthusiasm, Toni Duggan really didn't do much but the service in the first half wasn't there. The introduction of Scott was a game changer and she really got into it and bullied them where necessary, which is what we were missing. I believe Canada are next and they are over physical, so if Sampson doesn't start Jill Scott, then he needs to be sacked on the spot. Honourable mention to Steph Houghton too, thought she was one of the better ones.

I wasn't at all impressed with Karen Bardsley last night, I have seen her a few times and she has looked good, however, last night she performed some good shot stopping but her distribution as so poor and this is when she wasn't even under any pressure, the kicks were going all over the pace and nowhere near an England shirt. She also made two very unnecessary saves and gave a away a corner on both occasions. It was like she had her bearings all wrong. I don't fault her for the goal though, she was clearly fouled by the Norwegian girls, that was tactic they used at every corner, the ref was poorly positioned.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:55 am

Wonderwall wrote:Last nights game was the old "Game of two halves" Absolutely shocking in the first half, very poor decision making and execution of passes was so poor it was inexcusable. It may have been hot, but it wasn't searing heat and they were playing on a perfect surface, although the bounce was a little strange.

Lucy Bronze was our best player, great energy and enthusiasm, Toni Duggan really didn't do much but the service in the first half wasn't there. The introduction of Scott was a game changer and she really got into it and bullied them where necessary, which is what we were missing. I believe Canada are next and they are over physical, so if Sampson doesn't start Jill Scott, then he needs to be sacked on the spot. Honourable mention to Steph Houghton too, thought she was one of the better ones.

I wasn't at all impressed with Karen Bardsley last night, I have seen her a few times and she has looked good, however, last night she performed some good shot stopping but her distribution as so poor and this is when she wasn't even under any pressure, the kicks were going all over the pace and nowhere near an England shirt. She also made two very unnecessary saves and gave a away a corner on both occasions. It was like she had her bearings all wrong. I don't fault her for the goal though, she was clearly fouled by the Norwegian girls, that was tactic they used at every corner, the ref was poorly positioned.

Sad to say, her distribution reminded me a little of Joe Hart's efforts.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:14 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Last nights game was the old "Game of two halves" Absolutely shocking in the first half, very poor decision making and execution of passes was so poor it was inexcusable. It may have been hot, but it wasn't searing heat and they were playing on a perfect surface, although the bounce was a little strange.

Maybe that holistic approach is actually working
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:07 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

If you watch her play she his distubuting at 100 mph and this must be something that she has been told to do. She must have been told to launch it as soon as he has it and this does lead to stray passing and balls going everywhere. I know she can distribute but its one think doing this in training and another doing it front of 20,000 people in a knock out world cup game. She is am amazing GK and athlete and I was lucky to be able to train alongside her. I don't think I knew how good she was until I trained with her and she blew me away if honest. She is on a different level to other female keepers. Yeah she is prone to errors but tell me a keeper who isn't. She will be fuming with her part in that goal last night.
Sister of fu

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:30 am

Sister of fu wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

If you watch her play she his distubuting at 100 mph and this must be something that she has been told to do. She must have been told to launch it as soon as he has it and this does lead to stray passing and balls going everywhere. I know she can distribute but its one think doing this in training and another doing it front of 20,000 people in a knock out world cup game. She is am amazing GK and athlete and I was lucky to be able to train alongside her. I don't think I knew how good she was until I trained with her and she blew me away if honest. She is on a different level to other female keepers. Yeah she is prone to errors but tell me a keeper who isn't. She will be fuming with her part in that goal last night.

I have been impressed with her from what I had seen of her in the past, she always looked in control and composed, but last night was not the same. as you say, it was probably the occasion and the fact its probably the biggest game she has ever been involved in. Lets hope she gets her composure back for the Canadians.

On another note, why does Duggan have to open her trap an sing everything, she was singing Vancouver last night and looked a right twat.
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:39 am

That save she made first half, one on one, was outstanding.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:00 pm

If the only real criticism of a goalkeeper is the kicking then you have a top class goalkeeper. Heaven forbid we get one who can pass the ball well and always find a teammate but drops half the crosses, lets soft shots in occasionally and parries shots for the oncoming attacker.

Get the key parts right and work on the others
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:That save she made first half, one on one, was outstanding.

it was Joe Hartworthy. So fucking smart. She made a couple others as well. Top top night for her, aside from the needless of palming of the ball to lead to the corner and the goal, etc.

Sad she didn't play for the US and push Hope Solo. She could have given her a real run for her money. 2 of the best goalies in the world. Why the fuck is America only good at goalies? It's honestly a position of last resort in Europe or other cultures it seems, but for us we respect the position like crazy. It's arguably the most revered in Hockey -- i'll take Roy and Hasek over Gretzky and Lemieux any day -- and it carries over i think. I blame the NHL.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:That save she made first half, one on one, was outstanding.

it was Joe Hartworthy. So fucking smart. She made a couple others as well. Top top night for her, aside from the needless of palming of the ball to lead to the corner and the goal, etc.

Sad she didn't play for the US and push Hope Solo. She could have given her a real run for her money. 2 of the best goalies in the world. Why the fuck is America only good at goalies? It's honestly a position of last resort in Europe or other cultures it seems, but for us we respect the position like crazy. It's arguably the most revered in Hockey -- i'll take Roy and Hasek over Gretzky and Lemieux any day -- and it carries over i think. I blame the NHL.

cheers

Because you bunch of jokers are brought up to throw and catch and call it football FFS!
Wonderwall

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:24 pm

A great win last night. I was a bit surprised Jill Scott did nt start as she is one of our best players. The starting line up was a bit negative like against France but I suppose the result justifies it. Our keeper could have done better with the goal and maybe against France but she made some crucial stops too. She does nt sound English at all. I do think we will beat Canada. That's gonna be a late one.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:55 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:A great win last night. I was a bit surprised Jill Scott did nt start as she is one of our best players. The starting line up was a bit negative like against France but I suppose the result justifies it. Our keeper could have done better with the goal and maybe against France but she made some crucial stops too. She does nt sound English at all. I do think we will beat Canada. That's gonna be a late one.

She's from California, her parents are from Stockport though. Moved to the states about 30 years ago.
Sister of fu

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Sister of fu wrote:She's from California, her parents are from Stockport though. Moved to the states about 30 years ago.

So 3 of the 4 keepers starting yesterday are from the U.S. Hope Solo, Catalina Perez and Karen Bardsley.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wooders » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:10 pm

Wooders wrote:Image

Best post on this thread so far.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:06 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wooders wrote:Image

Best post on this thread so far.

I'm elle ohh elling at that. High-larious.

People are amazing.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:05 am

Who are those people ?

Are they well known, or just on some government, 'put a notrite sad cunt on tv' scheme ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum