Copa America

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Copa America

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
phips wrote:
Argentina coach Gerardo Martino has revealed that he and his coaching staff tried to stop Carlos Tevez taking a penalty in the country's 5-4 shootout victory over Colombia in the Copa America.

Argentina's quarterfinal meeting with Colombia went to penalties after a goalless 90 minutes and Tevez stepped up to score the decisive spot kick.

The striker, who will be joining Boca Juniors from Juventus this summer, missed for Argentina in the 2011 Copa America against Uruguay, and Martino had doubts about Tevez's state of mind on Friday.

"Football is like that sometimes," the Albiceleste boss said. "I didn't put Tevez in among the first five penalties because he had missed in the previous Copa America.

"We tried to prevent him having to go up and take one but eventually it came around to him. That's football, and tomorrow's headlines will all be about redemption."

Wow, what an absolute fucking tool he must be.

As if Tevez is the sort of bloke to dwell on that for four years. He won't even think it was his fault.

No way he could have signed for the dippers then
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:01 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
phips wrote:
Argentina coach Gerardo Martino has revealed that he and his coaching staff tried to stop Carlos Tevez taking a penalty in the country's 5-4 shootout victory over Colombia in the Copa America.

Argentina's quarterfinal meeting with Colombia went to penalties after a goalless 90 minutes and Tevez stepped up to score the decisive spot kick.

The striker, who will be joining Boca Juniors from Juventus this summer, missed for Argentina in the 2011 Copa America against Uruguay, and Martino had doubts about Tevez's state of mind on Friday.

"Football is like that sometimes," the Albiceleste boss said. "I didn't put Tevez in among the first five penalties because he had missed in the previous Copa America.

"We tried to prevent him having to go up and take one but eventually it came around to him. That's football, and tomorrow's headlines will all be about redemption."

As if Tevez is the sort of bloke to dwell on that for four years. He won't even think.

More accurate.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
phips wrote:

As if Tevez is the sort of bloke to dwell on that for four years. He won't even think it was his fault.

I said last night in this thread that he was an absolute fucktard. Tevez should have taken no 5 at a minimum.

I'd jettison Tatard if he loses this tourney. He's a douche. Propped up by messi. A complete joker. I could be coaching the argies with a dildo up my ass and a unicorn furry suit on and be where he is at right now.

FACT.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:42 am

Brasil go out in a penalty shootout to Paraguay. Dunga, for the second time, is a disgrace of a coach. Also strange to Robinho play and score again for Brasil.

Silver lining is that our man Fernandinho stepped up to take the first penalty and made it (then everyone else missed)
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:52 am

Chile vs Peru has turned into a pretty good game. Tied 1-1 with 30 mins to go. Peru look like a very solid team.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:54 am

What a fucking goal by Vargas! wow

http://streamable.com/195g (ignore the commentator or just mute it, he sounds like a complete asshat)
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:43 am

bigblue wrote:What a fucking goal by Vargas! wow

http://streamable.com/195g (ignore the commentator or just mute it, he sounds like a complete asshat)

Amazing goal obvs.

The commentator is Rocky Ray Hudson. There's a special place in hell for him. He's a Geordie fucknut who is fairly popular here with idiots who don't know anything about the actual football and are prone to his shit metaphors and boisterous fucktard personality. He makes me want to die.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:51 pm

If that Paraguyan gaffer and the Count had a night out together it's 100% nailed on that someone would fucking drive a stake through someone's heart before sunrise.

Unfuckingdead.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby phips » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:08 am

Header from Aguero.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:32 am

phips wrote:Header from Aguero.

on which i think he injured himself. Hope it was nothing.

On form, Di Maria might be worth 70M. Him, in a front three with Aguero and Sterling? Fuck off world.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:08 am

I hear Santa Cruz limped off injured, he's obviously improved considerably in that he's getting on the pitch in the first place.

Pound for pound, he has to be the very worst signing we've ever had?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:40 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:I hear Santa Cruz limped off injured, he's obviously improved considerably in that he's getting on the pitch in the first place.

Vuoso has to be worse? At least Santa Cruz got on the pitch and we actually had the money we pissed away on him.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:45 am

Win it now lads.

Two/Three weeks off doing NOTHING then back for pre season.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:23 am

38 days until the season opener, Final will be on saturday 4th july with a parade/celebration in Argentina the following week. Its realistically going to be the 8th or 9th July before they have a chance to leave the national squad. I think its safe to say our friendly games in Oz will not feature our south american players. Not much of a pre-season for them. Rest up lads and come back recharged
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:28 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:I hear Santa Cruz limped off injured, he's obviously improved considerably in that he's getting on the pitch in the first place.

Vuoso has to be worse? At least Santa Cruz got on the pitch and we actually had the money we pissed away on him.

Lee Bradbury, at the time, must be up there.
The signing of Jo stunk of a backhander as well.
Not forgetting Steve Daly or Kevin Reeves, huge sums at the time
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Also, how did Messi not score in a game where his team scored six!!!!
nottsblue

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Zabba - keep Serge off the steaks. Don't let him give in to temptation.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:Also, how did Messi not score in a game where his team scored six!!!!

Three assists though.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:27 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Shudder, shudder.........especially as Steve Daly in particular never seemed to want to be at City in the first place.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Shudder, shudder.........especially as Steve Daly in particular never seemed to want to be at City in the first place.

Went to a sportsmans dinner where Steve Daley was the After Dinner Speaker, he was brilliant, the City years were as funny as you will ever hear. Especially the OT derby where he got off the coach and he said he couldn't believe it, he knew it would be hostile but there were pies being thrown and other objects, it wasnt until he managed to look around that he found out it was actually the City fans doing it to him, the rest of the team were fine.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum