Copa America

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Copa America

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Is it Aranguiz you're referring to Mr. Merchant?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:24 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Given the long border which exists between Chile and Argentina, is there much rivalry, or even any antipathy, between the two countries in both footballing and political terms ??

If there were, would the factor of well known Argentinian players being in our team provide the basis for an ambivalent attitude being held in Chile, towards City ??

Furthermore, I don't know how Argentina are viewed in the rest of South America and how City are perceived by other countries in that continent because of that.

It would be good to know if anyone any thoughts or knowledge on this ??

The two countries hate each other on pretty much every level possible (although every nation in South America hates Argentina). Chile has built up a massively disproportionate military over the years to its size and geostrategic importance, largely due to the UK using it as a pawn with which to threaten Argentina and dissuade it from 'doing another Falklands', while simultaneously draining Argentina's economy through its aspiration to keep up with Chile militarily.

The situation between the two countries reaches such a level of pettiness that Chile has lodged objections on an international level to the study of volcanic ash originating from its volcanoes and landing in Argentina by (or in collaboration with) Argentinian scientists.

Thanks BiB, that's really good to know.

It's quite conceivable then that Chileans could have mixed feelings towards City ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:33 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Most entertaining Footy tournament Ive seen for years.....that Ecuador V Mexico was fun to watch !

Uruguay V Paraguay and then its Zabba and Aguero V Jaimaca.......I see a fuckign goal fest for Aguero.

How the fuck did Jamaica get in there ?

That's almost as ridiculous as having someone like Israel in the Euros....oh hang on..

Part of the Americas I suppose..Caribbean Americas...its all the fuckign same.
Anyway, Aguero is going to batter them.

Apparently, Jamaica & Mexico are 'guest' teams from CONCACAF, otherwise known as Jackwarnerland.

Isn't that because there aren't enough South American teams to have a tournament, so they have "guest teams" to make up the numbers?

I wonder if England would ever be invited as a "guest" nation ??

There would be a lot of benefits for the South Americans in that we would be complete 'no-hopers' plus, with our nightmare brand of football we would make everyone else look even better than they already are and our hordes of drunken fans would be easy for the local thugs to beat up and rob.

Come on Greg Dyke, you know it makes sense for us to apply to participate.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Given the long border which exists between Chile and Argentina, is there much rivalry, or even any antipathy, between the two countries in both footballing and political terms ??

If there were, would the factor of well known Argentinian players being in our team provide the basis for an ambivalent attitude being held in Chile, towards City ??

Furthermore, I don't know how Argentina are viewed in the rest of South America and how City are perceived by other countries in that continent because of that.

The two countries hate each other on pretty much every level possible (although every nation in South America hates Argentina). Chile has built up a massively disproportionate military over the years to its size and geostrategic importance, largely due to the UK using it as a pawn with which to threaten Argentina and dissuade it from 'doing another Falklands', while simultaneously draining Argentina's economy through its aspiration to keep up with Chile militarily.

The situation between the two countries reaches such a level of pettiness that Chile has lodged objections on an international level to the study of volcanic ash originating from its volcanoes and landing in Argentina by (or in collaboration with) Argentinian scientists.

It's quite conceivable then that Chileans could have mixed feelings towards City ??

Only in the same way as Scottish people would dislike an MLS team for having English players in it. They might dislike the players themselves, but it would be a bit far-fetched to assume they'd dislike a club for such a reason.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Most entertaining Footy tournament Ive seen for years.....that Ecuador V Mexico was fun to watch !

Uruguay V Paraguay and then its Zabba and Aguero V Jaimaca.......I see a fuckign goal fest for Aguero.

How the fuck did Jamaica get in there ?

Part of the Americas I suppose..Caribbean Americas...its all the fuckign same.
Anyway, Aguero is going to batter them.

Apparently, Jamaica & Mexico are 'guest' teams from CONCACAF, otherwise known as Jackwarnerland.

Isn't that because there aren't enough South American teams to have a tournament, so they have "guest teams" to make up the numbers?

I wonder if England would ever be invited as a "guest" nation ??

There would be a lot of benefits for the South Americans in that we would be complete 'no-hopers' plus, with our nightmare brand of football we would make everyone else look even better than they already are and our hordes of drunken fans would be easy for the local thugs to beat up and rob.

Come on Greg Dyke, you know it makes sense for us to apply to participate.

Very good MC. Though the jocks rarely have a summer tournament to go to and could be free
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Is it Aranguiz you're referring to Mr. Merchant?

Si Senor. That's the dude.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:18 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Unicunt Post of the Year and it's just mid-June. Now what?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Chilean press were linking us with a move for him t'other day.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Chilean press were linking us with a move for him t'other day.

good. he's fucking tidy as fuck. i know fuck all about him. Never knew he existed as a human being a month ago and now i've watched him play twice and he was fucking tasty.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:23 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Apart from what the grave digger above said :

Argentina has better food , better wine , better looking women, (Only Venezuela women and Colombian women are ahead in that department) , better shops and a better style of living than just about every other country in LA.........they give it large to the rest of LA because they can do and because they are well ahead.

I have lived and worked in Argentina , Peru , Chile , Venezuela , Mexico ,suriname and the caribbean islands................so take my word for it.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby phips » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:49 am

if i was that ref i would've sent off 2 more players at least…maybe even 3.
its embarrassing that those subs wearing their cute little pink bibs think they have the right to speak to the ref
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:38 am

phips wrote:if i was that ref i would've sent off 2 more players at least…maybe even 3.
its embarrassing that those subs wearing their cute little pink bibs think they have the right to speak to the ref

You're an absolute turd.

I'm sure if you got a finger up the ass you'd remain on the pitch.

The ref had an absolute shocker. Turned a decent match into a fucking joke and jobbed Uruguay in the process.

Chile should be embarrassed as fuck about that win tbh.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:05 am

Jara on Chile gets sent home from the cup for grabbing Suarez's penis and finger bopping Cavani's asshole.... Strange times
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:54 pm

bigblue wrote:Jara on Chile gets sent home from the cup for grabbing Suarez's penis and finger bopping Cavani's asshole.... Strange times

is it official that Jara's anal probing got him sent home?

what i don't get is....how does he know where Cavani's butthole is without looking? #experience #notjudging

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby zuricity » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Argentina has better food , better wine , better looking women, (Only Venezuela women and Colombian women are ahead in that department) , better shops and a better style of living than just about every other country in LA.........they give it large to the rest of LA because they can do and because they are well ahead.

I have lived and worked in Argentina , Peru , Chile , Venezuela , Mexico ,suriname and the caribbean islands................so take my word for it.

Carl... just wondering what your experiences were of the Allendes implementation of Beer 's 'Cybersyn' ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:23 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Carl... just wondering what your experiences were of the Allendes implementation of Beer 's 'Cybersyn' ?

I know very little mate although I do know back then it was a huge fuckign deal........It was well ahead of its time and if it wasnt for the military coup that happened and the fact that they destryed central comando , then it could have changed the world of communcation as we knew it back then.

" Communcation is being in control"
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:00 pm

FINGER UP THE ARSE ! SEE his clubs thoughts..Television images appeared to show Jara poking Edinson Cavani's backside in the 1-0 win over Uruguay before then falling to the ground holding his face after the Uruguayan responded by flicking his hand onto the Chilean's chin.

Mainz' sporting director Christian Heidel told Bild: "We do not tolerate that. What makes me more angry than the prod, however, is what happens after. There is nothing I hate more than theatrics. He knows that if an offer comes in, he can go."
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Hazy2 wrote:FINGER UP THE ARSE ! SEE his clubs thoughts..Television images appeared to show Jara poking Edinson Cavani's backside in the 1-0 win over Uruguay before then falling to the ground holding his face after the Uruguayan responded by flicking his hand onto the Chilean's chin.

Mainz' sporting director Christian Heidel told Bild: "We do not tolerate that. What makes me more angry than the prod, however, is what happens after. There is nothing I hate more than theatrics. He knows that if an offer comes in, he can go."

Either he was already surplus to requirements, or we need more sporting directors in the game like this
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:FINGER UP THE ARSE ! SEE his clubs thoughts..Television images appeared to show Jara poking Edinson Cavani's backside in the 1-0 win over Uruguay before then falling to the ground holding his face after the Uruguayan responded by flicking his hand onto the Chilean's chin.

Either he was already surplus to requirements, or we need more sporting directors in the game like this

just said that exact same comment to my lad.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:48 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

just said that exact same comment to my lad.

either way it's a fantastic statement. Loved it.

It was horrific. Worse than a bite imho. At least a bite is rampaging, juvenile, psychopathic competitiveness....that finger and feigning shit was cynical and ugly and absolutely the kind of cheating all fans really hate.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum