u21 euros

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: u21 euros

Postby Bluedj » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:40 pm

He has dived lol. He'll fit right in with Brenda's philosophy
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby zuricity » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:01 pm

If Ings spent as much time training as he has getting tattoos. He'd be brilliant.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:08 pm

U21= zzzzz might as well stuck with Pearce this is shite
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:13 pm

Goodnight and godbless
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:25 pm

In general, I think England have played better than Italy. The defending & strikers have been fucing shite at key moments is the difference though. Harry Kane has done a Beckham/Gerrard greedy self promoting cunt job. When he's tried to play as a team player things have been miles better.

Ings is doing really well for a Championship striker tbf. What's that you say ?

After this BT are showing Rio Ferdinand meets Gerrard. Could anything on fucking Earth be worse than that ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:36 pm

We've been shite from day one quite a few of these players will never play in the prem.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Lev Bronstein » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:53 pm

Well, not too unexpected seeing as how the some of the best U21s are unavailable for one reason or another.

Even so, if Greg Dyke gets his way re home grown players, we can expect more of this quality in first teams up and down the Prem, with no reduction in the price we have to pay to watch them.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:08 am

Southgate is trying to modernise, so he plays two lumps up front. You couldn't make it up.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:07 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Bluedj wrote:Glad Ings has gone to the dippers, he's shite

I have been wondering for ages why he was linked with so many clubs. I have asked that question on here a while ago. His moment in this game was the turning point, a Sunday league finisher.

Me too, especially because I was absolutely certain he is 28 lol!

when I found out he's a young lad it makes a bit more sense
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:15 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Southgate is trying to modernise, so he plays two lumps up front. You couldn't make it up.

He said they played very well, except for the defgence and the attack, basically.

Dyke wants to ruin the PL by filling it with these clowns.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:38 am

john@staustell wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:Southgate is trying to modernise, so he plays two lumps up front. You couldn't make it up.

He said they played very well, except for the defgence and the attack, basically.

Dyke wants to ruin the PL by filling it with these clowns.

I think England played alright on the whole, as a side. It was individual shiteness at key moments that cost us. But if you put Sterling, Barkley & Berahino in that team, I don't think it would be so bad at that level. And I don't think we played inferior technical football, as a team, to Italy or Portugal. That never used to be the case.

I think we are at the lowest point now as far as producing players goes & some of the coaches are trying to teach them to play proper football. I think it will get gradually better from now on, provided we keep Dyke etc at arms length.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:31 am

Excuses, we are miles behind, Tactics get tweaked by the Italians Game over.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Excuses, we are miles behind, Tactics get tweaked by the Italians Game over.

You are spot on .The only way this team played was backwards. Pussying around playing the ball back from midfield to the goalie and all over the place.As soon as they tried to go forward there was nothing. Crosses from the wing to the front post when they know no one was there.Alibi passes. The Italians weren't great but they knew how to break the England game up.

Kane must be wondering why he didn't take up his holiday option.Poor fella, got absolutely no support from midfield.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:21 pm

zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Excuses, we are miles behind, Tactics get tweaked by the Italians Game over.

You are spot on .The only way this team played was backwards. Pussying around playing the ball back from midfield to the goalie and all over the place.As soon as they tried to go forward there was nothing. Crosses from the wing to the front post when they know no one was there.Alibi passes. The Italians weren't great but they knew how to break the England game up.

Kane must be wondering why he didn't take up his holiday option.Poor fella, got absolutely no support from midfield.

To use an old aphorism, there are three major things wrong with the team.....the attack, the midfield and the defence.

Apart from those, they're a load of absolute garbage.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Bluedj » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Did anyone hear McPointy saying, "I can't understand why they are trying to play it out from defence, they need to lump it forward to the big men"?
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:07 am

Bluedj wrote:Did anyone hear McPointy saying, "I can't understand why they are trying to play it out from defence, they need to lump it forward to the big men"?

I think we've got a couple on here who agree with him. It's so common in all things related to England & so many ex players/managers say it. The lack of patience to learn how to actually play football properly, in players managers & fans, is the reason we have lagged behind everyone. 'It's not working, gerrit forward'. You can hear these kind of comments at every City academy game.

England played ok, for the team that they had out there. If they had the strongest eligible 11 at that age group playing, they would have pissed the tournament, but that would be pointless, as those lads already play for the full England team.

If Ings had put the piss easy chance away, they would have won v Italy. Instead the defenders fucked up & they ended up chasing the game & getting caught out by more bad defending. (intersting to compare John Stones, at that level, to Jason Denayer playing in Paris, no fucking comparison).

I agree 100% with Southgate; that England showed in the competition they are no longer a side who can't keep the ball & compete at football. The reason they are out, is individual errors, not a problem of football philosophy or a tactical one.

They are getting it right, at last. Now they need to unearth enough quality players to win stuff, playing in that style.I think it will happen as long as it doesn't get overturned by football philistines.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:45 am

England played ok, for the team that they had out there. If they had the strongest eligible 11 at that age group playing, they would have pissed the tournament, but that would be pointless, as those lads already play for the full England team.

I think that's a general problem with the tournament, there are too many players already established at their senior clubs for it to be really exciting. It's a strange mix, not really amateur and youth because you only have to be under 21 when the qualifiers begin, not really pro as the really top players stay out of it because it's not that important. Don't get me wrong, the olympic football tournament is much worse, but IMO there should be an age limit that says that you can at most be 20-21 in the year of the tournament.

I'll be watching on Saturday though, a band wagoner I am. I don't know if anyone saw the game but Sweden equalized by putting one of the centre backs up top in orded to head down longballs to onstorming Swedish players. And it worked. It's a pretty common move to make but I don't know if I've ever seen it work. Or perhaps I ahve and am just being a snob.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Whassat » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:03 am

Sweden play Portugal in the u21 final on tuesday.

We need homegrown players and let Guidetti go? A player that leads the swedish u21 team to the u21 finals? I cant really put words on that. Mental might be it tho...
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby twosips » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:03 am

Whassat wrote:Sweden play Portugal in the u21 final on tuesday.

We need homegrown players and let Guidetti go? A player that leads the swedish u21 team to the u21 finals? I cant really put words on that. Mental might be it tho...

We let him go cos he's 23 and he was shite at Celtic and hasn't shown anything for ages. A couple of Swedish u21 games mean fuck all.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:34 am

He's also an arrogant tosspot
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum