The Sack Race

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Sack Race

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:03 pm

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool) 9/2

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is in precarious position after a terrible end to the season. From April their campaign petered out, losing at home to Manchester United, stuffed 4-1 at Arsenal, and losing a FA Cup semi-final to Aston Villa. There was worse to come, conceding nine goals in two losses to Crystal Palace and Stoke City. Their first Premier League game puts them back at the Britannia, but with Jurgen Klopp available Rodgers may not even last until then.

Quique Flores (Watford) 5/1

Newly promoted Watford are no strangers to chopping and changing managers, hiring four last season in the Championship. The one who earned promotion, Slavisa Jovanovic, is no more, having failed to agree terms to extend his contract and manage in the Premier League. Former Spanish footballer Quique Flores has big ambitions with the Hornets, but lasting the season would be a success.

Nigel Pearson (Leicester City) 11/2

Nigel Pearson was reported to be close to the sack last season, but clung on at Leicester and their faith paid off, as he ensured they survived, even ahead of the final day. Pearson may be an unpredictable character, but he appears to have the faith of the club, but as with any relegation battlers, a run of losses will cause the board to consider their options.

Manuel Pellegrini (Manchester City) 8/1

Manchester City's new 'holistic' approach saw them stick with Manuel Pellegrini despite a poor title defence. This is not a rebuilding job for the club though, more a case of reloading, and the club intend to be active in the transfer market this summer. City can't afford a bad start, but with a tough opening game away to West Brom, followed by Chelsea and Everton, that could be just what they get.

Dick Advocaat (Sunderland) 10/1

Despite his heroics last season, Sunderland boss Dick Advocaat is a surprise fifth name on the list to be first out the door this season. The experienced Dutchman agreed to carry on for another year despite originally deciding he would retire, and will be determined his time at the club does not end on a sour note. He is priced ahead of Newcastle's new boss Steve McClaren (12/1).

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/ ... underland/
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: The Sack Race

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:06 pm

What are King Louie's odds.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:09 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:What are King Louie's odds.

He is 4th.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Martinez or Pulis E/W
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Pardew might be worth a shout, especially if the rumours about the board refusing to sanction a £15m bid for Austin are true. They have previous with Pulis over this as well
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:56 pm

nottsblue wrote:Pardew might be worth a shout, especially if the rumours about the board refusing to sanction a £15m bid for Austin are true. They have previous with Pulis over this as well

I wouldn't give a wide boy like pardew 15 pence of my money
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Pardew might be worth a shout, especially if the rumours about the board refusing to sanction a £15m bid for Austin are true. They have previous with Pulis over this as well

I wouldn't give a wide boy like pardew 15 pence of my money

I agree. He is a dickhead. But somehow Palace employ him at the moment. Doubt he wil be there in a year
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Not really part of the sack race but just read Phil Neville is to be the assistant manager at Valencia.

How has this happened? Maybe someone can have a word with Negredo so he can piss him off somehow. Assuming he is still to be there next season.
nottsblue

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:Not really part of the sack race but just read Phil Neville is to be the assistant manager at Valencia.

How has this happened? Maybe someone can have a word with Negredo so he can piss him off somehow. Assuming he is still to be there next season.

If you need to blame someone, blame Simeone. He's got other Spanish clubs asking "why don't we figure out how to play like that more often?" And then there's someone like Phil Neville who was a leader at moyes' Everton. If this actually works we could see the likes of Madrid and Barca get some humble pie in CL in the next couple seasons as teams setup more like English sides and get stuck in against them creating more injuries, tougher matches, etc.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Well Leicester have sacked Nigel Pearson which is a strange one after what he did for them.

He is a weird one though
Wonderwall

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Well Leicester have sacked Nigel Pearson which is a strange one after what he did for them.

He is a weird one though

Any reason given? Seems a very strange one in terms of timing
nottsblue

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Well Leicester have sacked Nigel Pearson which is a strange one after what he did for them.

He is a weird one though

his son's antics in thailand on the post season tour can't have helped
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:27 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

He is a weird one though

No, it can't have helped at all, but why wait another couple of weeks. Maybe the owner has just got back from holiday and realised what has happened? Either way, next season just got that little bit more difficult for them
nottsblue

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:47 am

nottsblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

He is a weird one though

No, it can't have helped at all, but why wait another couple of weeks. Maybe the owner has just got back from holiday and realised what has happened? Either way, next season just got that little bit more difficult for them

he's obviously done a Pulis. Was either promised or expected a certain set of funds to make next season less painful and stressful, didn't get it, maybe didn't deserve it, who knows...and threw a fit enough to get canned and get his payout and move on. I'm sure he's happier than anyone once the dust settles. If you can't get what you need to keep a team up you'll take 5 years off your life trying to fight relegation every season i think. Better to hunker down on a Champo side and have a glass of port and a cigar every once in a while instead of getting assfucked everyday by everyone and their mother as you fight for respect and control. A boring ass game unless your Big Fat Sam i think. He loves that. Like a pig in shit.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:08 am

I bet Robert huth is happy as he has just signed...
Wonderwall

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:57 am

Apparently "irreconcilable differences that have built up between him and the board. [...] Sacking of his son key."

Understandable decision. Pearson's a colossal bellend and if he really had a problem with the sacking of his son (who is an even bigger knob), he deserved the sack 100%. Yes, their end-of-season escape was great & credit to him, but he is not special enough to be carrying that amount of baggage (Thailand incident & being a PR nightmare in general) and you could argue that he got them to the bottom of the table in the first place.

If they do a Southampton and appoint someone who can take them forward, Pearson will be as distant a memory as his namesake who is currently managing in League One.

IMO they have the players for a mid table finish.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:15 pm

How is Brodge gonna make it beyond October?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:33 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:How is Brodge gonna make it beyond October?

A number of pals are dippers and they all love Rodgers! Maybe they realise no one else is gonna go there and do anything of note or maybe they just believe the bullshit that he comes out with. Fingers crossed for a lengthy stay
nottsblue

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Didn't Reading sack Rodgers for being utter shite? The most obnoxious manager I can ever remember. I would like him to stay cos he can spend £300m like no one else can but the public should be rescued from his self importance.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:07 pm

I notice that the mood has very much changed regarding Gnasher. He was the big prospect but now he's unproven.

How the media work their magic even though we all knew he was a fraud.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum