The Sack Race

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Sack Race

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
branny wrote:Potter gone

Brenda to Chelski? He wasn't given resources at Leicester, but has dealt with prima Donna's at murder central?

Would have thought Nagelsmann more likely

nah Nagelsmann is too young.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:01 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Brenda to Chelski? He wasn't given resources at Leicester, but has dealt with prima Donna's at murder central?

Thought he was heading to spuds.

Potter should never taken the chelsea job, a poisoned chalis after abromovich left. I guess he was flattered about being asked.

4 prem teams without managers at same time must be a new high? (Forgetting carrtakers ala Hodgson)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:18 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Potter should never taken the chelsea job, a poisoned chalis after abromovich left. I guess he was flattered about being asked.

4 prem teams without managers at same time must be a new high? (Forgetting carrtakers ala Hodgson)

Chelsea spurs leicester and who?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:36 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Chelsea spurs leicester and who?
Palace have Hodgson as caretaker until end of season, unless i missed summat? Ergo 4 without a permanent manager.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:42 pm

Southampton's manager is only in place until the end of the season. That means Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea, Crystal Palace and Southampton are all looking for new managers.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:06 pm

Soccerball Todd what a muppet. Appointment a manager who wants to change and implement a new philosophy then sack him.
They should stick to rugby in armour.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:47 pm

Cooper will be lucky to survive Easter. Strong rumours Paddy Vieira is being lined up to take over
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:18 am

nottsblue wrote:Cooper will be lucky to survive Easter. Strong rumours Paddy Vieira is being lined up to take over

Is that local knowledge? That would be a mistake for me, Cooper is a better coach. Problem as with Chelsea is the scatter-gun approach to the transfers with no apparent plan and both owners wanting to run that player recruitment
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:50 am

salford city wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Cooper will be lucky to survive Easter. Strong rumours Paddy Vieira is being lined up to take over

Is that local knowledge? That would be a mistake for me, Cooper is a better coach. Problem as with Chelsea is the scatter-gun approach to the transfers with no apparent plan and both owners wanting to run that player recruitment

I wouldn't say knowledge. More friends of friends who know a man who is in the know. That kind of stuff, you know how it is. But Paddy V is the strongest of these.

There's always more going on behind the scenes as well. Apparently the owner went into the dressing room after the draw with Wolves on Saturday and bollocked the players for not winning. That will never sit well with the manager
nottsblue

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:00 am

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

I wouldn't say knowledge. More friends of friends who know a man who is in the know. That kind of stuff, you know how it is. But Paddy V is the strongest of these.

There's always more going on behind the scenes as well. Apparently the owner went into the dressing room after the draw with Wolves on Saturday and bollocked the players for not winning. That will never sit well with the manager

Yes he strikes me as the type who would do that which, as you say, is not going to go down well and I cannot see that being any different if Paddy gets the call
salford city

Postby stupot » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:01 am

nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

Doubt it would sit too well with the players either.
He's done a fantastic job Cooper, they were bottom of the Championship when he took over from Chris Houghton a couple of months into last season from what i remember.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:32 am

stupot wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

He's done a fantastic job Cooper, they were bottom of the Championship when he took over from Chris Houghton a couple of months into last season from what i remember.

His away record is atrocious
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:48 am

And his home record is best of the bottom 9.
They were everyone's favourites to go down with Bournemouth and they've a fighting chance of staying up.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:00 am

stupot wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

He has done a great job. Think he took over with Forest having lost 7/8 games and rock bottom. Survival would have been a decent achievement but promotion was significantly overachieving.
nottsblue

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:12 am

nottsblue wrote:
stupot wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
salford city wrote:

He has done a great job. Think he took over with Forest having lost 7/8 games and rock bottom. Survival would have been a decent achievement but promotion was significantly overachieving.

Agreed, I'd rather they stay up than the long away trips to the south coast. Everton to go down and dissapear into financial oblivion
salford city

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:47 am

Everton going down would be amazing
nottsblue

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:09 pm

salford city wrote:
Agreed, I'd rather they stay up than the long away trips to the south coast. Everton to go down and dissapear into financial oblivion

Marinakis confirmed he is staying.
Hope they make it, next year they will be better I am sure.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:19 pm

PeterParker wrote:
salford city wrote:

Confirmed with the caveat that results and performance must improve immediately - next up a midlands derby at villa. They could be back in bottom three if they lose -leicester playing Bournemouth at weekend. Will be gone if that happens
salford city

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:44 pm

salford city wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
salford city wrote:

Confirmed with the caveat that results and performance must improve immediately - next up a midlands derby at villa. They could be back in bottom three if they lose -leicester playing Bournemouth at weekend. Will be gone if that happens

The good old fashioned vote of confidence
nottsblue

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:04 pm

So Bayern sacked a good young manager who was active , going for three titles. Tommy Tuc Tuc has now redefined the targets down to two.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum