The Sack Race

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Sack Race

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Really really hope Swansea appoint Giggs. They deserve each other

Not sure if the club aspires to where he wants to be.

I see 'Arry has thrown his hat into the ring

Call me cynical but does he have the Janary transfer window in his forethoughts for one last pay(bung)day?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Really really hope Swansea appoint Giggs. They deserve each other

Call me cynical but does he have the Janary transfer window in his forethoughts for one last pay(bung)day?

If he were to get the Swansea job, I might consider buying some shares in those Companies who manufacture brown envelopes.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

That's Sunderland fucked then when he takes Defoe back.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:13 am

Giggs :lol: Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:06 pm

"I received no xenophobia with the players I worked with every day(Because I'm American and fail to grasp the concept of sarcasm), from the staff inside the club that I worked with every day, from the media here that paid real attention, got to know me through the press conferences(They were all equally unimpressed)," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"There were people on the outside that for no apparent reason took shots but I was never bothered by that(They had their reasons), it was always going to be part of the game when an American got the chance. None of that interfered with my work(2 wins in 11 matches, 'kin 'ell, claim it did interfere and at least you have an excuse for that)."

Despite the short-term nature of his stay at the Liberty Stadium, the former United States manager is confident he is up to the job of managing in the Premier League again.

"I am up to it, I know the players appreciated the honest work every day, many commented about the quality of training, the man-management, the preparation.(Possibly you've misunderstood, "It's shit" is not the same as "It's THE shit")

"Swansea had the ability to stay up this season but we all recognised January was going to be important.(Step One:Remove lodestone before January)

"I had many conversations with Huw Jenkins and in all of those discussions he indicated to me that he felt that Swansea had lost a little bit of their identity, a little bit of sense about what their football was all about(This took many conversations? And the solution was putting an American coach in charge? The buses just don't go where you two live do they?). I worked every day to see if we could re-establish some of those starting points.(Hahaha, points, what are they?)

"I know I can work at this level, over and over."(Two months at a time)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

That's Sunderland fucked then when he takes Defoe back.

. . . they were when they appointed Gollum
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Justified logic » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Ryan Giggs: Swansea City rule out Welshman as Bob Bradley's replacement

Shame. Dean Saunders is Welsh. How about him? Or John Hartson. He's Welsh as well. Craig Bellamy? Neville Southall? Come on media; throw your weight behind a Welshie! Robbie Savage?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Mike Phelan just been sacked.

Ta-ra bacon loving scum
nottsblue

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:Mike Phelan just been sacked.

Ta-ra bacon loving scum

It's not all bad news, then.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:47 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Ta-ra bacon loving scum

It's not all bad news, then.

Indeed. Every cloud and all that
nottsblue

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:48 am

Ta-ra bacon loving scum

Amazing he got a top role in the first place, even more amazing they took that long to sack the clueless cunt.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:57 am

Ta-ra bacon loving scum

Only just read this but YEEESSSSSS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not before time as well; can't stand the Scum crawling slaphead. :evil: :evil:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:36 am

Joke of a team.

After this I hope they stay down forever.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39 am

they'll have no problem attracting a big name continental manager now that they are the 2017 city of culture
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:41 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:they'll have no problem attracting a big name continental manager now that they are the 2017 city of culture

I hear Bob Bradley is available for the next couple of months.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Forest have sacked Montanier after barely six months. A turnstile instead of a door on the managers office.

Maybe Moyes might not have to wait too long before some mug of a chairman falls for his bullshit
Last edited by nottsblue on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nottsblue

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:Forest have sacked Montanier after barely six months. A turnstile instead of a for on the managers office.

Maybe Moyes might not have to wait too long before some mug of a chairman falls for his bullshit

Sad times there.

They were hoping that owner will help them come back up, instead he is killing the club. Really sad when you look at what happend with them since they relegated in 99.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:18 pm

PeterParker wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Forest have sacked Montanier after barely six months. A turnstile instead of a for on the managers office.

Sad times there.

They were hoping that owner will help them come back up, instead he is killing the club. Really sad when you look at what happend with them since they relegated in 99.

Yeah. A big club that really has fallen. Far more likely to drop a division again than gain promotion. And still the thick end of 20000 turn up
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:35 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Sad times there.

Yeah. A big club that really has fallen. Far more likely to drop a division again than gain promotion. And still the thick end of 20000 turn up

Another 'big' club which has been out of the top flight for quite some time is Leeds United.

Whether you can just about tolerate them, or whether you can't stand them, you've got to admit that the size of the crowds they get is commendable, given what they've had to go through in recent times and even if they have far more than their fair share of idiots spread amongst the decent fans.

My (now ex) brother in law is a long standing Leeds fan and, like many of them, he has one redeeming feature; he hates the Scum with a passion and intensity which is quite endearing, as well as being long enduring.

If ever Leeds do succeed in getting back to the PL, there'll be some fun and games when they have to go to the Swamp.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:46 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Sad times there.

Another 'big' club which has been out of the top flight for quite some time is Leeds United.

Whether you can just about tolerate them, or whether you can't stand them, you've got to admit that the size of the crowds they get is commendable, given what they've had to go through in recent times and even if they have far more than their fair share of idiots spread amongst the decent fans.

My (now ex) brother in law is a long standing Leeds fan and, like many of them, he has one redeeming feature; he hates the Scum with a passion and intensity which is quite endearing, as well as being long enduring.

If ever Leeds do succeed in getting back to the PL, there'll be some fun and games when they have to go to the Swamp.

There are quite a few "big clubs" that have fallen on tough times in the lower leagues. Both Sheffield clubs, Aston Villa, Wolves, Leeds, Forest, Newcastle (though they look like coming back at the first time of asking) all have good histories and get decent support in decent stadiums. Just the way football is I guess and but for the Sheikh taking over we may have found ourselves in a similar position
nottsblue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum