The Sack Race

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:49 pm

Newcastle are close to an agreement with Eddie Howe to become the club's new manager.

Mental.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Mase wrote:Newcastle are close to an agreement with Eddie Howe to become the club's new manager.

Mental.

This makes no sense. You wouldnt think that they are going to throw money at Howe would you. Can see this going very badly wrong
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:44 pm

He kept Bournemouth in the Prem 'against the odds' for long enough (then got them relegated). Makes sense to me if they're wanting to survive a relegation battle, all that talk of them challenging for the title when they're sat in 19th place was laughable.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:56 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Newcastle are close to an agreement with Eddie Howe to become the club's new manager.

Mental.

This makes no sense. You wouldnt think that they are going to throw money at Howe would you. Can see this going very badly wrong

My thoughts exactly. Howe seems a manager who can keep a team up and keep a squad solid, but has no idea what to do with a transfer kitty in order to progress to the next level. A bit like Hughes.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:32 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:

Mental.

My thoughts exactly. Howe seems a manager who can keep a team up and keep a squad solid, but has no idea what to do with a transfer kitty in order to progress to the next level. A bit like Hughes.

Made me think of Hughes straight away. Give him money and he has no clue how to use it properly. If they wanted a decent young manager (no idea why they’d go down that route) I’d have gone for Scott Parker. Fulham we’re relegated but I do think he’s one that is going to be a decent manager in the future.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:37 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:

Mental.

Made me think of Hughes straight away. Give him money and he has no clue how to use it properly. If they wanted a decent young manager (no idea why they’d go down that route) I’d have gone for Scott Parker. Fulham we’re relegated but I do think he’s one that is going to be a decent manager in the future.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:06 am

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:

Mental.

How can BiB know he has no idea what to do with a transfer Kitty ?

He ran Bmouth on an Eddie Shoestring. Perhaps he is the right man to get the job and not allow wastage .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:08 am

^^^^
Fat Sam ran Bolton on a shoe string
Mark Hughes ran Blackburn on a shoe string
Tony Pulis….. the list goes on.

Ultimately though, Howe got his club relegated.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:23 am

Mase wrote:^^^^

yeah but look at Oli ! not sacked yet and he's even the man at the helm - sorry at the steering wheel of a double decker with loose wheels.

It was inevitable that a club like bmouth go down just like Norwich are up and down.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby salford city » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:27 am

Indeed looks from the outside that they would appoint Howe to keep them up and then look to upgrade him. I like Howe, he talks a lot of sense and he took Bournemouth up through the leagues, admittedly, he did then take them back down. Devil's advocate, but he's never had the money so what would / could he do with it . Just seems a short term appointment which is fine if the owners have a succession plan if he keeps them up
salford city

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:29 am

salford city wrote:

Indeed looks from the outside that they would appoint Howe to keep them up and then look to upgrade him. I like Howe, he talks a lot of sense and he took Bournemouth up through the leagues, admittedly, he did then take them back down. Devil's advocate, but he's never had the money so what would / could he do with it . Just seems a short term appointment which is fine if the owners have a succession plan if he keeps them up

For him personally it’s a win-win. He fails and the expectations were too much too soon. He’s successful and he joins City when Pep leaves (which is every managers goal).
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:43 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

For him personally it’s a win-win. He fails and the expectations were too much too soon. He’s successful and he joins City when Pep leaves (which is every managers goal).

Yes i get it is a win-win for him. He would be better waiting on Conte going imo or going in at brighton when someone gives Potter a chance. There's a coiple of his old Bournemouth players there so i guess he has fuck sll to lose apart ftom his reputation
salford city

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:48 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

If he fails, he's back to square 1 in my opinion. At the moment, he's got a 6-point lead over the playoff places at the top of the Championship. If he gets automatic promotion, he's almost certain to keep his job for another 18 months. Unless there's a significant payrise involved, he'd be silly to take the job, especially with new owners and the associated media/fan heat.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dunnylad » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:26 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

If he fails, he's back to square 1 in my opinion. At the moment, he's got a 6-point lead over the playoff places at the top of the Championship. If he gets automatic promotion, he's almost certain to keep his job for another 18 months. Unless there's a significant payrise involved, he'd be silly to take the job, especially with new owners and the associated media/fan heat.

Parker has a 6-point lead, Howe is out of work. That seems even more strange that you would appoint an out of work manager with the money the Toon now have - there must be a reason why he’s out of work - rumour had it that Howe turned down the Celtic job. Plus he goes in there with everyone knowing he wasn’t first choice, not exactly a ringing endorsement.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:29 pm

With Celtic I think Howe wanted to bring certain back room staff with him and for some reason they wouldn’t allow it. Really weird.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:33 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

Parker has a 6-point lead, Howe is out of work. That seems even more strange that you would appoint an out of work manager with the money the Toon now have - there must be a reason why he’s out of work - rumour had it that Howe turned down the Celtic job. Plus he goes in there with everyone knowing he wasn’t first choice, not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Can't believe I'd forgotten Howe had left Bournemouth! Scratch that, then.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:45 pm

To be fair I hope Howe will make it.
He always looked like a decent bloke, he never parked the bus or moan when things didn't go his way. Ultimately, B-mouth was a team that I liked because they were fair to their football.

For the transition, this will do.
I don't think Toon can get a world-class manager when your squad is full of plumbers. Look at us or PSG who had Kombouare.

Howe knows the league, with 4-5 players he can save them.
After Howe will be interesting to see who is coming.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stupot » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:54 pm

Not that i'm particularly bothered either way but i don't see how anyone go for Parker over Howe.
Parker's had 2 years as a manager. Took a team up, then took them down again. Now in year 3 at a different club.
Howe took over Bournemouth when they were heading out of the Football League. Kept them up and took them to 3 promotions into the PL where he kept them for 5 years playing really good football.
I think he definitely deserves a shot at a big club.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:05 pm

stupot wrote:Not that i'm particularly bothered either way but i don't see how anyone go for Parker over Howe.
Parker's had 2 years as a manager. Took a team up, then took them down again. Now in year 3 at a different club.
Howe took over Bournemouth when they were heading out of the Football League. Kept them up and took them to 3 promotions into the PL where he kept them for 5 years playing really good football.

Was it 5 years they were in the Prem?! They were that insignificant I genuinely thought they were around for two seasons.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:Not that i'm particularly bothered either way but i don't see how anyone go for Parker over Howe.

Was it 5 years they were in the Prem?! They were that insignificant I genuinely thought they were around for two seasons.

'Insignificant' - not a happy choice of word that Mase - sounds like cartel speak, just ignorantly disrespectful.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum