The Sack Race

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:22 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:This is relegation form.

Love it! This isnobtime to talk about where clubs will finish but the upheaval within their club could be an exception.

The Glazers love Woody, he makes them money, while Maureen doesn't. He got them CL for 2 seasons and earned them a fortune; now he's a liability, but who can fill his shoes?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 35409
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: The Sack Race

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:This is relegation form.

Love it! This isnobtime to talk about where clubs will finish but the upheaval within their club could be an exception.

The Glazers love Woody, he makes them money, while Maureen doesn't. He got them CL for 2 seasons and earned them a fortune; now he's a liability, but who can fill his shoes?

Well if they can talk if Liverpool winning it after three games I don’t see any reason not to talk of a relegation battle for United.

It’s more fun.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:This is relegation form.

Love it! This isnobtime to talk about where clubs will finish but the upheaval within their club could be an exception.

The Glazers love Woody, he makes them money, while Maureen doesn't. He got them CL for 2 seasons and earned them a fortune; now he's a liability, but who can fill his shoes?

Well if they can talk if Liverpool winning it after three games I don’t see any reason not to talk of a relegation battle for United.

It’s more fun.

You talk away pal, I'm always eager to talk about such things ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 35409
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:57 am

nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I know we all hate Jose and United but being unbiased and looking at everything going on at United you have to seriously start wondering if he’ll last much longer. Losing to a fellow top-6 isnt the end of the world but the Brighton match was bad and all of the negativity in the press is bad. Typical 3rd season Mourinho

I doubt Woodward actually either has the balls or the inclination to sack him so soon after the seasons start. Who would he get as a replacement now? No, we will still have the joy of Mourinho for a while longer

Theres talk of Zidane. Im sure Pogba would love that.
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4054
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Re: The Sack Race

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:16 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Please God he lasts till Christmas. They'll be thoroughly fucked by then. They'll need to bring in fat sam to save the day.

+1.
We need him to blow the Xmas budget on two new crap defenders ; after that, his assignment will be complete and he can be extracted.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:23 am
Location: Van Diemens Land
Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Re: The Sack Race

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:22 am

I think he is lacking class :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9690
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: The Sack Race

Postby dazby » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:27 pm

Pardew has to be the replacement should he go.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
User avatar
dazby
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18670
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Brisbane Australia
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: BendyMendy

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:34 pm

I think they'll go all out for Poch.

Getting him would be easier said than done though. Maybe Simeone would work...

They really are in crisis.
Something could get pretty rotten in the state of Swampland. . . it could just turn out even better than a particularly gory episode of "I, Claudius".
The only thing more entertaining will be our football..
User avatar
Original Dub
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17222
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: The Sack Race

Postby BamaEngineer » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Samuel Allardyce has to be the choice in their relegation battle.
BamaEngineer
Bianchi's Matchday Snood
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:12 am
Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Jose Mourinio has issued a statement backing the club and it's fans, he has no plans to Sack Ed Woodward !
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6472
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: The Sack Race

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:I think they'll go all out for Poch.

Getting him would be easier said than done though. Maybe Simeone would work...

They really are in crisis.


The problem there is also the squad. The rags fans think they really have top players, but deconstructing one by one, they are mediocre at best. Rashford is the only one that I would take from there.

Funny when Martial came and they said it was the next big thing. Add to that they bought the last 2-3 players just to stop us, but without thinking ahead if those would fit their system.

Piss poor funny, but they deserve it.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9690
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: The Sack Race

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:05 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I think they'll go all out for Poch.

Getting him would be easier said than done though. Maybe Simeone would work...

They really are in crisis.


The problem there is also the squad. The rags fans think they really have top players, but deconstructing one by one, they are mediocre at best. Rashford is the only one that I would take from there.

Funny when Martial came and they said it was the next big thing. Add to that they bought the last 2-3 players just to stop us, but without thinking ahead if those would fit their system.

Piss poor funny, but they deserve it.


In buying sanchez they have essentiallybought a rod for their own back.
Their dog in the manger attitude to signing a player just because it was someone we wanted is going to cost them hugely next year,
when all their out of contract players come to negotiate. This could affect them for years to come.
The most sensible attitudes I've read on the ragcafe(spit) is that coming from the fans that say, forget about winning for the next 3-5 years and go back to the drawing board. They need some proper planning, not just the next high profile manager. They need a proper direction and identity.
A lot realise that we didn't just end up with Pep, it was years in the planning.
Our whole club and academy was building for that and preparing for it for years.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: The Sack Race

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:31 pm

A few PL managers are doing what they can to get Xmas off.

Wagner at Huddersfield, Benitez at Newcastle and Hughes at Southampton all staking a claim to lose their jobs.

Actually think Mourinho is safe. The rags have turned into Arsenal in that they are more than happy not to win trophies, or even compete for them, as long as they qualify for the CL and the money keeps rolling in. Whilst they can finish 4th Mourinho is safe. I’d imagine he has clauses in his contract restricting a payout in the event of his sacking should CL football for the following season not be sequered.
nottsblue
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15268
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Dimples » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:23 pm

Mo is the clear favorite with the bookies to be the next manager to go - they give odds of almost Evens.
Next in line are Warnock and Hughes at around 6/1.

It has to be Pogba or Mo to go.
Tough one for the Glaziers. They will follow the money. So Pogba to stay, Mo to go.
Hope I am wrong - Mo looks like he has not got it anymore and he would burn another fortune of Rags money on failure.
User avatar
Dimples
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: The Sack Race

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:42 pm

Elephant man gets the tin tack at Villa
nottsblue
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15268
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:Elephant man gets the tin tack at Villa


One of the worst managers around! How he continues to get a job is beyond me.
Mase
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19261
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: The Sack Race

Postby PeterParker » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Elephant man gets the tin tack at Villa


One of the worst managers around! How he continues to get a job is beyond me.


After he got a cabbage thrown at him before the game started. Wonder what they will throw at Maureen?
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9690
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: The Sack Race

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:11 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Elephant man gets the tin tack at Villa


One of the worst managers around! How he continues to get a job is beyond me.


After he got a cabbage thrown at him before the game started. Wonder what they will throw at Maureen?

Buses?
nottsblue
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15268
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The Sack Race

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Klopp out.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: The Sack Race

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:17 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Klopp out.


after sunday. maybe...
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13446
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BlueinBosnia, gaudy, Google [Bot] and 37 guests