1ST Signing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

1ST Signing

Postby Bluedj » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:51 pm

http://www.turkish-football.com/manches ... wonderkid/

Don't know how accurate this is, but the lad knows how to hit the back of the net!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apm5dyjoQyM
Last edited by Bluedj on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Re: 1ST Signing

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:53 pm

The green crocodiles. What a brilliant nickname for the team.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:The green crocodiles. What a brilliant nickname for the team.

It certainly is.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:59 pm

reminds me of....

jovetic
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:09 pm

an 18 year old striker. Interesting.

We're turning into Chelsea....just stockpiling cunts to move around, loan around and sell/rebuy etc. If we've even bought this kid....who fucking knows.

I'm guessing the kid wasn't 50M tho.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:19 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:an 18 year old striker. Interesting.

We're turning into Chelsea....just stockpiling cunts to move around, loan around and sell/rebuy etc. If we've even bought this kid....who fucking knows.

cheers

No doubting it, the Chelsea method works... buy um young, groom them and if they're not to your liking.. sell them....

(what were we talking about again?)
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby BmoreBlue » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:an 18 year old striker. Interesting.

cheers

3m euros from reports on twitter
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:44 pm

heading to istanbul this weekend, i'll get the taxi driver opinion of this lad and report back
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:heading to istanbul this weekend, i'll get the taxi driver opinion of this lad and report back

Be careful how you ask the question.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:15 am

How many supposed wonderkids we have signed now? Every summer starts like this. SO FAR, only Lopes really looks like he might be able to make the line up in the future.

Real wonderkids are knocking the door of the first team at 17/18 and usually winning young player of the year awards by 19/20. To be fair though, this lad has bwen capped by Turkey so maybe he IS a wonderkid.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:17 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:How many supposed wonderkids we have signed now? Every summer starts like this. SO FAR, only Lopes really looks like he might be able to make the line up in the future.

Real wonderkids are knocking the door of the first team at 17/18 and usually winning young player of the year awards by 19/20. To be fair though, this lad has bwen capped by Turkey so maybe he IS a wonderkid.

what about ian nacho aka pele?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:04 am

I hope those YouTube clips, don't do him justice. He misses in a lot of them. If they are his best of moments, I wouldn't get too excited.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:10 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:How many supposed wonderkids we have signed now? Every summer starts like this. SO FAR, only Lopes really looks like he might be able to make the line up in the future.

Half of our EDS would be playing in the first team if it wasn't for the money factor.

I'm confident a bunch of them will, possibly the first starting in August.

And Jason Denayer played 90 mins v France a few weeks ago at 19 & won the young poty award.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:20 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Half of our EDS would be playing in the first team if it wasn't for the money factor.

And Jason Denayer played 90 mins v France a few weeks ago at 19 & won the young poty award.

Yes but Denayer didn't just pop up on our radar last spring, right? He's been here a few years by now. The question i think NQDP is asking, which i'd echo, is that if some of these kids were such hot shit, then by 18 they'd be holding it down somewhere and being the boss.

Look, you and Dougie Fresh and TwoSips watch these kids prollee more than anyone else so i'll trust your judgment, but from afar at times it seems we're just stockpiling. Not exactly a bad problem unless you're one of those sensitive teens who needs an arm slung around his shoulder and sits around his turntable listening to Belle & Sebastian, smoking french cigarettes reading Kurosawa.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Yes but Denayer didn't just pop up on our radar last spring, right? He's been here a few years by now. The question i think NQDP is asking, which i'd echo, is that if some of these kids were such hot shit, then by 18 they'd be holding it down somewhere and being the boss.

Look, you and Dougie Fresh and TwoSips watch these kids prollee more than anyone else so i'll trust your judgment, but from afar at times it seems we're just stockpiling. Not exactly a bad problem unless you're one of those sensitive teens who needs an arm slung around his shoulder and sits around his turntable listening to Belle & Sebastian, smoking french cigarettes reading Kurosawa.

cheers

He didn't write books. He made films.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

cheers

Rumbled. Busted talking out of your arse. Again.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:53 pm

dazby wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

cheers

Haha. Duly noted. I mean that other cunt. You know the one. Fuckers.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:36 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
dazby wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Yes but Denayer didn't just pop up on our radar last spring, right? He's been here a few years by now. The question i think NQDP is asking, which i'd echo, is that if some of these kids were such hot shit, then by 18 they'd be holding it down somewhere and being the boss.

cheers

Haha. Duly noted. I mean that other cunt. You know the one. Fuckers.

Kemosabe?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Bluedj » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:25 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:I hope those YouTube clips, don't do him justice. He misses in a lot of them. If they are his best of moments, I wouldn't get too excited.

Just took this clip, serious stats.....for a kid anyway

182 goals in 110 appearances for Bursaspor’s reserves and 24 goals in 25 international games for Turkey at under-16 level before being fast-tracked into the under-19, under-21 sides and senior national sides.
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby twosips » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:39 am

I think regarding that YouTube video its simply a case of them being the only clips available as he's so young. I'm sure thats not indicative of his potential as the club wouldn't pay the money they're paying for him otherwise.

Some youtuber would have quickly made it just to upload it to get loads of views, seeing as there are no other videos of him online.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum