Definition of a glory hunter

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Definition of a glory hunter

Postby ant london » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:02 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Watching my lads football training. There's a lad called Rio. He is wearing City shirt. I'm speechless. I'm genuinely sorry for the wee feller. You can't pick your parents.

Parents are big Duran Duran fans maybe?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:10 am

dazby wrote:I'd love to know where the cockles actually are but the cockles of my heart have been warmed after reading this thread.

I wanted to quote about five posts to say great story.

My daughter tries to rib me by saying she's changing teams, but then will ask me for a new City shirt. As soon as the Nike boycott ends my dear, I tell her. :-)

give her a real treat and buy her one of the retro shirts?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:11 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Watching my lads football training. There's a lad called Rio. He is wearing City shirt. I'm speechless. I'm genuinely sorry for the wee feller. You can't pick your parents.

How old is the kid. Could be early signs of rebelling.
There's a kid in my young lads class who follows City, even though his Dad is a Rag fan. Supported them from a very early age too. (He's 13 now)
I always regarded him as a very bright lad with a great future ahead of him.

My young fella, was about 7 years old when he decided, after being given out to by me and suffering some punishment that I can't remember, that in protest he would start to follow 'Man Utd.' as it was the only threat he could think of.
I calmly said to him that, that was perfectly al-right. He was free to make up his own mind and could support anyone he wanted.
I then added that he would have to leave home though and I would make up a bag for him and some sandwiches to send him on his way.

He got as far as the garden gate and waited for a while. He then came in and said he had changed his mind.

I told my 3 they would be leaving home if they didn't support City. It seemed to work even though it was the mid 90s - good grief

Now only my eldest is as rabid as me about football and City, but the other 2 still 'follow' from a distance, as it were. Daughter's partner is a RAG, so it's fun raiding the City store for presents for the grandkids.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:11 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:My rag brother boght my son now 18 a scum shirt pretty much each year until he was 7/8.
When the Mong gave up As Jack was a blue now despite Stuart Pearce's best attempts to scramble his mind. I diary noted. When said Mong was 50 I bought him a cheap of the market in Spain City shirt, Wannabee printed on the back, I presented it to him in front of the whole family and his rag mates, fucker was close to tears with rage. Older brother speechless. He threw it at me and well made a rag of himself. I have had it framed for his 60th.

Good present. I'm quite excited to hear how he takes it. Is it soon?

6 yrs, The best of it, It was a week after Yaya HAD SCORED THE WINNER AT WEMBLEY !.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:04 am

My fiancé's mum and dad are rags and go on about when we have kids how they'll be buying it rag baby grows and shit like that. If it actually happens I'll hit the roof and someone will be getting dropped as I see it as a decent family outing when they're old enough to go to the matches, we all can go as a family. When we were kids me, my brother, my mum, and my dad all had season tickets in the kippax. I'd like my brother and his kid and me and my kids to all go watching City in the future and if anything is done to try and change that I'll be fuming!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby clippo22 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:36 am

My father in law is a massive rag. He goes on all the time about how he gonna buy loads of raggy shit for me and my fiancé when we have a kid. He can try all he likes, the kid will be blue, me and my dad will see to that! And if not I'll sell him to Brendan Rodgers for £30m
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:38 am

A cockney who never goes but has a red devil Untied tattoo on his calf.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 am

Mase wrote:My fiancé's mum and dad are rags and go on about when we have kids how they'll be buying it rag baby grows and shit like that. If it actually happens I'll hit the roof and someone will be getting dropped as I see it as a decent family outing when they're old enough to go to the matches, we all can go as a family. When we were kids me, my brother, my mum, and my dad all had season tickets in the kippax. I'd like my brother and his kid and me and my kids to all go watching City in the future and if anything is done to try and change that I'll be fuming!

Ex Fiance id you drop the FIL
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:21 am

i don't understand why anyone would support a team from a place they have no affiliation with
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:29 am

lets all have a disco wrote:A cockney who never goes but has a red devil Untied tattoo on his calf.

Much like Slim, I hate when those shit spellers get themselves inked. Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:15 pm

Wooders wrote:Perhaps his old man put both bollocks worth up his mum in rio dejeniro like, presumably, Ferdinands did ?

I suppose I should've named my kids "Bed" and "Couch".
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby branny » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:27 pm

I actually owned a rag shirt at one pount during my less affluent student days. It was around 1987 and whilst at college i worked part time at Tesco and was probably clearing £25 for £16 hrs work which was received and pretty much spent on the Saturday night.

I started having a kick about with some of the lads i worked with. The numbers grew and so did the competitive nature of the games and a bout of shirt pulling ended up with the sleeve hanging off a decent Adidas t- shirt. I was also without a,oroper pair of boots. Bollox to this i thought and as funds were low i headed to the local sports shop in search of a bargain. First thing i clocked as i walked in was a huge rail of blue rag 1985 shirts for a fiver. Bought one as i wasn't arsed what happened to it and of course being a,blue i was rightly targeted for much abuse at the next kickabout. The following week i went to Cheetham hill market and got me self a City shirt minus sponsor for £8 and a pair of boots but the rag shirt episode rates as one of my biggest fuck ups.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Wooders » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:31 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wooders wrote:Perhaps his old man put both bollocks worth up his mum in rio dejeniro like, presumably, Ferdinands did ?

How do you think Van Morrison got his name?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby ruralblue » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Wooders wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

How do you think Van Morrison got his name?

Van Morrisons mum and dad conceived him in a Morrisons delivery van?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:27 pm

And Ally McCoist?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:56 am

Anyone from London who "supports" United.

No joking here, I went down to London last Monday, taxi driver asks where I'm from as I didn't have their accent, so I told him "Manchester" to which he asks "City or United?"

Well, City of course! At which point he looks and says "shocking" I ask if he supports Chelsea, he says no, and shows me his United tattoo...couldn't make it up!.

In my early years, I never really paid attention to football, and so, my uncle tried making me support "them", he took me to a few games, but I found the atmosphere was flat, I'm pleased to say, I never made the big mistake, and am now a season ticket holder in the East Stand ;)
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:24 am

branny wrote:I actually owned a rag shirt at one pount during my less affluent student days. It was around 1987 and whilst at college i worked part time at Tesco and was probably clearing £25 for £16 hrs work which was received and pretty much spent on the Saturday night.

I started having a kick about with some of the lads i worked with. The numbers grew and so did the competitive nature of the games and a bout of shirt pulling ended up with the sleeve hanging off a decent Adidas t- shirt. I was also without a,oroper pair of boots. Bollox to this i thought and as funds were low i headed to the local sports shop in search of a bargain. First thing i clocked as i walked in was a huge rail of blue rag 1985 shirts for a fiver. Bought one as i wasn't arsed what happened to it and of course being a,blue i was rightly targeted for much abuse at the next kickabout. The following week i went to Cheetham hill market and got me self a City shirt minus sponsor for £8 and a pair of boots but the rag shirt episode rates as one of my biggest fuck ups.

What a grubby episode
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:01 am

I know a girl from Liverpool who moved here in the 80s, & was dancing around the pub, singing, waving her Utd scarf when they won their first Premier League.

I'd never even heard her mention football before then, but I fucking know she didn't support 'them'.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:45 am

Mase wrote:My fiancé's mum and dad are rags and go on about when we have kids how they'll be buying it rag baby grows and shit like that. If it actually happens I'll hit the roof and someone will be getting dropped as I see it as a decent family outing when they're old enough to go to the matches, we all can go as a family. When we were kids me, my brother, my mum, and my dad all had season tickets in the kippax. I'd like my brother and his kid and me and my kids to all go watching City in the future and if anything is done to try and change that I'll be fuming!

This needs nipping in the bud NOW, do what i did, in my wedding speech i told all present that any non City shirts/gifts given to any off spring that i might produce would be binned or burnt.

Sure enough come my lads first birthday ( we had a BBQ), Cunt of a brother in law (Chelsea ST holder) bought a shirt, he thought i was joking until he saw my face as i walked out side and burnt the fucking thing without even blinking. Fortunately for me there were more City present than his shitty little enclave of Chelski.

There has been no attempt by him or anyone else in her family since.

Talking of Gloryhunters............. Her brother is the epitome of gloryhunting rag scum........... supported Liverpool until he was 12 (he's 35 now, i will let you do the maths).

Our lad is now 11 and occasionally jokes he doesn't support City anymore, every time i get the suitcase out from under the stairs and tell him to go and pack.

Joe Hart is his idol (mine was Joe Corrigan)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Random this, but talking to a lad this morning about this topic, he told Me of a BBQ he went to on Belmont Road, Gatley a few years ago. A rag host, mouthed off about a signed scum ball he won at a Sportmens night. Signed by a scum Prem winning squad.,The night progressed, more beer more drunk, the ball came out to play, the lad was pleading for it back...... A Blue got hold of the ball and Peter Kay style, launched it over the fence up onto the train track at the back of the house just as a train went past, never to be seen again. The rag well, you gotta laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum