City sign Turkey wonderkid Enes Unal from Bursaspor

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City sign Turkey wonderkid Enes Unal from Bursaspor

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:20 pm

http://www.eurosport.com/football/premi ... tory.shtml

Manchester City have struck a deal to sign teenage Turkey international Enes Unal.
The highly-rated striker was also reportedly a target for Chelsea but will now move to Etihad Stadium in a deal worth a reported £2.5 million. Bursaspor president Recep Bolukbasi confirmed the transfer on Thursday. “We have an agreement with Manchester City,” he said. “Enes will go to England at the weekend to complete the transfer.” Four days ago, Unal posted on Instagram saying "Every nice thing ends one day".
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: City sign Turkey wonderkid Enes Unal from Bursaspor

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Wonderwall wrote:http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2015-2016/manchester-city-to-sign-turkey-talent-enes-unal-from-bursaspor_sto4795890/story.shtml

Manchester City have struck a deal to sign teenage Turkey international Enes Unal.
The highly-rated striker was also reportedly a target for Chelsea but will now move to Etihad Stadium in a deal worth a reported £2.5 million. Bursaspor president Recep Bolukbasi confirmed the transfer on Thursday. “We have an agreement with Manchester City,” he said. “Enes will go to England at the weekend to complete the transfer.” Four days ago, Unal posted on Instagram saying "Every nice thing ends one day".

He has quite a reputation amongst Turkish fans in general from what I've read. Fingers crossed.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:35 pm

He looks like Edin. Maybe we can loan him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Most exciting Turkish forward talent since Hakan Suker apparently!

At 18 now, am I right in thinking he'd qualify as homegrown in a few years as he'd be spending several seasons with us before he's 21?
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Yes!!!!!

Wait for the fanboys to arrive,TURKISHBARBERBLUE

Ben de o Hakan Suker tahtına grand şampiyon süper forvet Enes Ünal seviyorum etrafında ben Şehir seviyorum, şehir iyi takım.

ŞEHİR ŞEHİR ŞEHİR

ben de Madrid ve Barcelona desteklemektedir.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:53 pm

Blue Blood wrote:Most exciting Turkish forward talent since Hakan Suker apparently!

At 18 now, am I right in thinking he'd qualify as homegrown in a few years as he'd be spending several seasons with us before he's 21?

To be fair, from what i remember, Sukur was shit outside Turkey. I remember him at Blackburn, he was horrible. I hope the kid will grow, but he needs some game time in England, not Turkey.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:56 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Yes!!!!!

Wait for the fanboys to arrive,TURKISHBARBERBLUE

who looks just like diego costa
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:58 pm

Know nothing about the lad but wish him all the best. Suppose he will go on loan.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:34 pm

£500,000 according to the Guardian, rising up to £2m and a 10% sell-on clause according to Goal.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Watch on youtube.com

Here you go.

Euro Trance and some grainy video.

Wooopah.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:57 pm

sheblue wrote:Know nothing about the lad but wish him all the best. Suppose he will go on loan.

Depends perhaps if we are letting Ed & Jovetic go & replacing them, or just going with two senior strikers. Our best kids imo could fill gaps in the first team talent wise, but have no experience. This lad plays against full grown blokes regularly, so he may be considered a first team squad player.

No matter how good he is, I doubt he's a better player than Thierry Ambrose, but Ambrose has never even had 5 mins in our first team, wheras this kid already has 7 senior goals at a very good rate. Actually playing these kids automatically makes them better imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Haven't been this excited since the loan of Nery Castillo.

Cannot wait to not see this lad, never.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:03 pm

Interesting that we should be looking to spend decent money on a prospect obviously with a view to him becoming something special.Either he makes it at city or we make money on selling him on but it further strengthens our EDS quality pool of players looking to make it at first team level.

Will we send him on loan somewhere or just play him in the EDS to find out how good he is and let him settle over here. Is he the same kind of player as Thierry Ambrose or would they compliment each other playing together. Not forgetting Pozo and Cole and even Hiwula. And I am assuming Iheanacho is already deemed as part of the first team squad.

City will have clear plans for them all as to who does what/goes where. Can't wait see how our EDS /19's sides look next season.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Interesting that we should be looking to spend decent money on a prospect obviously with a view to him becoming something special.Either he makes it at city or we make money on selling him on but it further strengthens our EDS quality pool of players looking to make it at first team level.

Will we send him on loan somewhere or just play him in the EDS to find out how good he is and let him settle over here. Is he the same kind of player as Thierry Ambrose or would they compliment each other playing together. Not forgetting Pozo and Cole and even Hiwula. And I am assuming Iheanacho is already deemed as part of the first team squad.

City will have clear plans for them all as to who does what/goes where. Can't wait see how our EDS /19's sides look next season.

He seems to be more of a traditional cf & therefore different to what we have.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Hope he turns out as good as Arda. Cracking player
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Turkish Guidetti. Nice.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:46 am

Welcome to City!

Class act to sign the contract in a suit, rather than some gash graphic tee. Apparently has scored about 182 goals in 110 youth league games. Great record no matter who it is against. Also youngest ever scorer in the Turkish league.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... rsaspor-2m

Also wrote a very nice goodbye letter to Bursaspor:

Thanks.
It is not a time to say goodbye, but it is the time to say thanks to Bursaspor, where I was a ballboy in the senior team games or I was playing in the youth team when I was 9 years old. I've always felt proud to be a part of the family.
My road map not only brought excitement because I will have the chance to represent my club, my city and my country abroad, but also brought a great sense of responsibility.
I want to thank my father Mesut Ünal, my mother, my siblings, my family and my inner circle, my agent Batur Altıparmak, Ömer Koray Uzun, Footalent, my coaches who have been with me since the youth academy, my club presidents and executives, the dining hall personnel who had to put up with me, all the club personnel, press members, my coaches in the national team and great Bursaspor fans for their support.
Do not have any doubts about me giving my best effort to succeed in England in a new and difficult environment, an excitement. I know my responsibilities and I know about the expectations.
It is also important for me to show my brothers in youth academies that you can also think about playing in Europe without playing in another club in Turkey. My story has begun in Bursa Ataturk Stadium. I hope that I can write a story that will be among world's classics and I can finish it in Bursa Crocodile Arena.
Wherever I am, I am always this city's boy and this club's supporter. As I have said, this is not a farewell. Hope to see you in better, sunny days.
My regards, Enes Ünal
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:03 am

bigblue wrote:Welcome to City!

Class act to sign the contract in a suit, rather than some gash graphic tee. Apparently has scored about 182 goals in 110 youth league games. Great record no matter who it is against. Also youngest ever scorer in the Turkish league.

Thanks.
It is not a time to say goodbye, but it is the time to say thanks to Bursaspor, where I was a ballboy in the senior team games or I was playing in the youth team when I was 9 years old. I've always felt proud to be a part of the family.
My road map not only brought excitement because I will have the chance to represent my club, my city and my country abroad, but also brought a great sense of responsibility.
I want to thank my father Mesut Ünal, my mother, my siblings, my family and my inner circle, my agent Batur Altıparmak, Ömer Koray Uzun, Footalent, my coaches who have been with me since the youth academy, my club presidents and executives, the dining hall personnel who had to put up with me, all the club personnel, press members, my coaches in the national team and great Bursaspor fans for their support.
Do not have any doubts about me giving my best effort to succeed in England in a new and difficult environment, an excitement. I know my responsibilities and I know about the expectations.
It is also important for me to show my brothers in youth academies that you can also think about playing in Europe without playing in another club in Turkey. My story has begun in Bursa Ataturk Stadium. I hope that I can write a story that will be among world's classics and I can finish it in Bursa Crocodile Arena.
Wherever I am, I am always this city's boy and this club's supporter. As I have said, this is not a farewell. Hope to see you in better, sunny days.
My regards, Enes Ünal

this is a a quite brilliant name for a stadium
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:59 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
bigblue wrote:Welcome to City!

Thanks.
My regards, Enes Ünal

this is a a quite brilliant name for a stadium

It's a new stadium that actually will look like a crocodile.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/8 ... light.html
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby zuricity » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:12 am

This purchase makes far more sense than buying Sterling.

Get him in the first team squad and give him time.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum