Pogba

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pogba

Postby Blue Noodle » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:11 pm

I've only seen him in the champions league this year, about 8 or 9 times maybe, but I've never seen him put in a performance that made me think he's worth north of 50m pounds. I just don't see it. But I'm riddled with self doubt on this. Nobody seems to be baulking at the fee being touted for him which makes me think, is he actually that fecking amazing and I'm just blind to it? Because he'd want to be a world class, match winner from from day 1 for 60m. Fuck potential, that's what the academy is for.
Blue Noodle
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:15 pm

Blue Noodle wrote:I've only seen him in the champions league this year, about 8 or 9 times maybe, but I've never seen him put in a performance that made me think he's worth north of 50m pounds. I just don't see it. But I'm riddled with self doubt on this. Nobody seems to be baulking at the fee being touted for him which makes me think, is he actually that fecking amazing and I'm just blind to it? Because he'd want to be a world class, match winner from from day 1 for 60m. Fuck potential, that's what the academy is for.

i dunno. Pay more attention? What do you want me to say. None of them are "worth" the money bandied about in real, humanistic terms. I wish people would get over that point. He's worth at least what was paid for James last summer, which was north of 60M. It's a market. He's worth what someone will pay. No more, and no less.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:30 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Blue Noodle wrote:I've only seen him in the champions league this year, about 8 or 9 times maybe, but I've never seen him put in a performance that made me think he's worth north of 50m pounds. I just don't see it. But I'm riddled with self doubt on this. Nobody seems to be baulking at the fee being touted for him which makes me think, is he actually that fecking amazing and I'm just blind to it? Because he'd want to be a world class, match winner from from day 1 for 60m. Fuck potential, that's what the academy is for.

i dunno. Pay more attention? What do you want me to say. None of them are "worth" the money bandied about in real, humanistic terms. I wish people would get over that point. He's worth at least what was paid for James last summer, which was north of 60M. It's a market. He's worth what someone will pay. No more, and no less.

cheers

We're getting James Last? He's dead now isn't he? And a bit shit when he was alive.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:37 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

We're getting James Last? He's dead now isn't he? And a bit shit when he was alive.

We're trying to emulate the rags' signing of Phil Jones, and this is as close as we could get.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Bleed_Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:44 am

Goal.com Rumors : The three offers made for Pogba

Barca have offered Juve €80m plus €10m in variables for Paul Pogba, who would move to Camp Nou next summer. Chelsea have offered €50m plus Oscar and hope to sign him immediately, as do Manchester City, who have offered €100m.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:04 am

Bleed_Blue wrote:Goal.com Rumors : The three offers made for Pogba

Barca have offered Juve €80m plus €10m in variables for Paul Pogba, who would move to Camp Nou next summer. Chelsea have offered €50m plus Oscar and hope to sign him immediately, as do Manchester City, who have offered €100m.

I'd add Nasri into the mix to go with my hunny mill.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:25 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

The money being asked for & paid, is obscene. But we didn't buy DiMaria for 60 million quid, or Luke Shaw for 30 million. It's the same people as always.

I'm pretty sure that the whole idea was that ffp cripples us, & UtdArsenal Inc, suddenly start buying players for 40 mil, who are actually worth 20. Thus away they go, & we are fucked. I'm fucking certain this was planned years in advance; it's what Wenger was waiting for.

But the problem is that we were already making more money than Arsenal by the time it kicked in. So they only got a year or so of big advantage, whilst those fucking weasels at Stamford Bridge sneaked in & took the biggest advantage.

Now we can bid once again, the same kind of obscene amounts of money as those cunts, but now they, once again, have the problem of matching & chasing us, rather than the other way around.

If Pogba comes to City for 70 mil, suck on it, you cunts. Perhaps we'll buy Bale for 100 mil next season. Cunts.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:00 am

Juve might like another season of Pogba but what if he gets a really serious injury? What happens to Barca's interest then? The Club have to convince the player of the City project that's the beginning and the end of it. The Barca 'offer' is really Laporta's if he wins the Presidency which he probably will but until July 18 he can't do anything. I think we try to sort this in the next two to three weeks and if not move on.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:02 am

We break the bank for this kid, that is all.

If you can't see his value you must have really selected your games well(or poorly) or you attended the PBL school of viewing games.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:24 am

blues2win wrote:Juve might like another season of Pogba but what if he gets a really serious injury? What happens to Barca's interest then? The Club have to convince the player of the City project that's the beginning and the end of it. The Barca 'offer' is really Laporta's if he wins the Presidency which he probably will but until July 18 he can't do anything. I think we try to sort this in the next two to three weeks and if not move on.

I don't know how much this comes into it, but there's a certain age (I seem to remember it's having turned 24) after which the mandatory 'development fee' due to his previous clubs no longer has to be paid in the event of a transfer.

Juventus could (quite rightly) be insisting that any club who wants him this summer, will have to not only pay the commercial value to Juventus (lets argue it's 50m), but also add on any additional fee that would be due to United and the French club the rags stole him from.

With this in mind, it's easy to see why the price for Pogba will be well north of what he's actually worth if he goes this summer if 10/20% has to be passed on
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:49 am

Slim wrote:We break the bank for this kid, that is all.

If you can't see his value you must have really selected your games well(or poorly) or you attended the PBL school of viewing games.

i forget who it was in the Champion's League final that Pogba stole the ball from, but he made him look like a 12 year old playing in the park. Too funny. I mentioned it in the match thread but I'm too lazy to go and check.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:46 am

Dameerto wrote:
Slim wrote:We break the bank for this kid, that is all.

i forget who it was in the Champion's League final that Pogba stole the ball from, but he made him look like a 12 year old playing in the park. Too funny. I mentioned it in the match thread but I'm too lazy to go and check.

Alves
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Scatman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:26 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
blues2win wrote:Juve might like another season of Pogba but what if he gets a really serious injury? What happens to Barca's interest then? The Club have to convince the player of the City project that's the beginning and the end of it. The Barca 'offer' is really Laporta's if he wins the Presidency which he probably will but until July 18 he can't do anything. I think we try to sort this in the next two to three weeks and if not move on.

I don't know how much this comes into it, but there's a certain age (I seem to remember it's having turned 24) after which the mandatory 'development fee' due to his previous clubs no longer has to be paid in the event of a transfer.

Juventus could (quite rightly) be insisting that any club who wants him this summer, will have to not only pay the commercial value to Juventus (lets argue it's 50m), but also add on any additional fee that would be due to United and the French club the rags stole him from.

With this in mind, it's easy to see why the price for Pogba will be well north of what he's actually worth if he goes this summer if 10/20% has to be passed on

The end of the season that contains his 23rd birthday (23 next March)
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:31 pm

Scatman wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

The end of the season that contains his 23rd birthday (23 next March)

Interesting, perhaps this explains why Barcelona's have 'allegedly' put in a lower bid than City for the transfer to take place next year.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:27 pm

not sure which CL matches you watched but if they were late knockout stages bear in mind he had just returned from injury. also like most young "stars" he hasnt yet learned to control the game like a pirlo or xavi or yaya. but he is class and will be an absolute monster player if he stays motivated.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:32 pm

signing for barca according to f365

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9 ... Paul-Pogba

well thats that then next please, who is?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Dubciteh wrote:signing for barca according to f365

Look who their source is bud.

This is still very much in the balance.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:signing for barca according to f365

Look who their source is bud.

This is still very much in the balance.

All those quotes are the same ones from last week, where he had supposedly met him and then it turned out he hadn't and can't as a candidate for the election.
Not totally convinced by that, to be honest.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:42 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
All those quotes are the same ones from last week, where he had supposedly met him and then it turned out he hadn't and can't as a candidate for the election.

Yes that's what i don't get, their elections aren't until 18th July so who makes the decisions until then? The bloke quoted is only running and therefore cannot do anything until as & when he is elected.

Bloody odd that they have the elections at such a critical time during the transfer window, but i guess it's been like that since before the transfer window was introduced.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Yes that's what i don't get, their elections aren't until 18th July so who makes the decisions until then? The bloke quoted is only running and therefore cannot do anything until as & when he is elected.

Bloody odd that they have the elections at such a critical time during the transfer window, but i guess it's been like that since before the transfer window was introduced.

They are having FORCED elections because of the very dodgy Neymer deal.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum