Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Can City not make a statement( regarding the 45 million plus 5 million for walker) that the comics should retract their lies regarding the fee we paid.

If its 45 plus 5 then its not fuckign 54 is it !!!..Why cant the hierarchy have some fuckign balls and slate the press ?????


They've already briefed the press, that's why the real figure and the details of the add ons are in the public domain.


They briefed them prior to them making shit up -yet still ''record fee'' gets peddled by some comics.


They briefed them in response to the likes of The Mirror's back passage.


Edited for just a little more accuracy.
Mikhail Chigorin
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6984
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: Football Media

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:09 am

johnny crossan wrote:Brennan is losing his rouge tint year by year it seems - blue relief amid the crimson chorus

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r-13336546


In that article there was a photo of the Pogba carbon unit.

Is it me, or is there a passing similarity between said carbon unit and Grace Jones, supposed "Pop Icon" of yesteryear ??.
Mikhail Chigorin
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6984
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: Football Media

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 am

Well argued. He seems to have warmed to the cause over the years.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12652
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: Weirdosville.
Supporter of: Us

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:43 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well argued. He seems to have warmed to the cause over the years.

Stuart is now well versed in the ways that the media portray us, must've been a real eye opener for him.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32656
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Football Media

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:44 am



More players for NAC?
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28512
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Football Media

Postby Dunnylad » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well argued. He seems to have warmed to the cause over the years.

Stuart is now well versed in the ways that the media portray us, must've been a real eye opener for him.

Love the fact he has been getting stick from Rags who are calling him for being a City fan, which he continues to deny and they have been arguing back that he must be a City fan as he writes about them. Thick tw@ts!
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
User avatar
Dunnylad
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: Darlington
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well argued. He seems to have warmed to the cause over the years.

Stuart is now well versed in the ways that the media portray us, must've been a real eye opener for him.

Love the fact he has been getting stick from Rags who are calling him for being a City fan, which he continues to deny and they have been arguing back that he must be a City fan as he writes about them. Thick tw@ts!

Just goes to show how thick the average Rag fan is. Not that they cannot see that they are given every call and favourable media reporting, but more the fact that he used to write for them until, I think, he was banned by their club for not towing their party line.

Mr Brennan is doing a good job and rights positive and negative stories in equal measure. And that's what I like, he now puts across his opinion from and unbiased position, something that a lot of the so-called journalist profession have forgot in favour of earning their 'Clicks'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32656
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Football Media

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

More players for NAC?

Shane Burns is renowned for being full of shit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: Football Media

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well argued. He seems to have warmed to the cause over the years.

Stuart is now well versed in the ways that the media portray us, must've been a real eye opener for him.

Love the fact he has been getting stick from Rags who are calling him for being a City fan, which he continues to deny and they have been arguing back that he must be a City fan as he writes about them. Thick tw@ts!

Just goes to show how thick the average Rag fan is. Not that they cannot see that they are given every call and favourable media reporting, but more the fact that he used to write for them until, I think, he was banned by their club for not towing their party line.

Mr Brennan is doing a good job and rights positive and negative stories in equal measure. And that's what I like, he now puts across his opinion from and unbiased position, something that a lot of the so-called journalist profession have forgot in favour of earning their 'Clicks'.

I've mentioned before on here, since Brennan came on the board in person to answer some criticisms of him from us, he has written from the point of view of a City fan. I like to think we had some small effect on him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16502
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well argued. He seems to have warmed to the cause over the years.

Stuart is now well versed in the ways that the media portray us, must've been a real eye opener for him.

Love the fact he has been getting stick from Rags who are calling him for being a City fan, which he continues to deny and they have been arguing back that he must be a City fan as he writes about them. Thick tw@ts!

Just goes to show how thick the average Rag fan is. Not that they cannot see that they are given every call and favourable media reporting, but more the fact that he used to write for them until, I think, he was banned by their club for not towing their party line.

Mr Brennan is doing a good job and rights positive and negative stories in equal measure. And that's what I like, he now puts across his opinion from and unbiased position, something that a lot of the so-called journalist profession have forgot in favour of earning their 'Clicks'.

I've mentioned before on here, since Brennan came on the board in person to answer some criticisms of him from us, he has written from the point of view of a City fan. I like to think we had some small effect on him.

We sure did and as he took it onboard then I won't criticise him for the odd brain fart he has.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 32656
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Football Media

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:00 pm

In this hugely inflated window, aguero is apparently worth...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... r-10817190

Rag cunts
They've got Gill, pulling strings in Uefa. They've got the Media creaming their pants all over them and haven't twigged that you actually need a football team.
User avatar
Original Dub
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15789
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: Football Media

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:In this hugely inflated window, aguero is apparently worth...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... r-10817190

Rag cunts


Obvious misprint; they've missed a zero off the 60 million..........

I wish I had some of the wacky baccy that these journalists must be using.
Mikhail Chigorin
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6984
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:In this hugely inflated window, aguero is apparently worth...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... r-10817190

Rag cunts


Obvious misprint; they've missed a zero off the 60 million..........

I wish I had some of the wacky baccy that these journalists must be using.

Perhaps these rag morons subscribe to the child's belief if you say something often enough it must come true
nottsblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11347
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Football Media

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:In this hugely inflated window, aguero is apparently worth...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... r-10817190

Rag cunts


Obvious misprint; they've missed a zero off the 60 million..........

I wish I had some of the wacky baccy that these journalists must be using.

Perhaps these rag morons subscribe to the child's belief if you say something often enough it must come true


It doesn't matter if it is true; if it is outlandish enough loads of people will click on it, then they can publish the opposite next day and they'll all click on it again.
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Eliaquim Mangala

Re: Football Media

Postby Justified logic » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:47 am

Telegraph's "Who's winning the transfer window?" article has Walker at £50m and Lukaku at £75m and Lindelof at £35m (Benfica revealed the transfer details: £39.6m inclusive of add-ons).
Justified logic
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Our man in the muddle
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Football Media

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:09 am

Justified logic wrote:Telegraph's "Who's winning the transfer window?" article has Walker at £50m and Lukaku at £75m and Lindelof at £35m (Benfica revealed the transfer details: £39.6m inclusive of add-ons).



Never let the truth hinder a good lie.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4994
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Football Media

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:29 pm

According to the Sun, Hart has 'broken free of his Man City shackles' by signing a loan deal with West Ham. I'm sure their choice of words was accidental though, like always.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16502
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Dameerto wrote:According to the Sun, Hart has 'broken free of his Man City shackles' by signing a loan deal with West Ham. I'm sure their choice of words was accidental though, like always.

Wouldn't mind be being "shackled" myself by a reported £175k a week contract.

Still, we have only ourselves to blame with his and others contracts.
nottsblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11347
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Football Media

Postby Justified logic » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Loving the Sky Sports TV advert.

Aguerrrrrroooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Justified logic
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Our man in the muddle
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Football Media

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Justified logic wrote:Loving the Sky Sports TV advert.

Aguerrrrrroooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yeah and the city blue butterflies and the Etihad ..........

its like the cunts owe us all something ? Nice all the same and certainly hits the mark and gets the city match day passion going and all that .
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4915
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barryconlonsbaldspot, Bing [Bot], Bluedj, Burt, city72, craigmcfc, CTID Hants, fangsanalsatan, gmercer1, Google [Bot], johnny crossan, johnnyondioline, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mase, MUS, Scatman, Spurge, steelsnail, Wonderwall, Yahoo Slurp [Bot] and 76 guests