Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:30 pm

It's all in your head
Original Dub

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Original Dub wrote:It's all in your head

we know, you keep telling us :lol: ;)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm

That's all in your head too
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Are you one of them epiphenomenalists then?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Who's the Scottish bastard who used to wind me up every time he did a commentary?
Provan?
Gordon McQueen?

Both of the above, well McQueen's daughter tbf and Craig Burley, the list of haters is almost endless.

rumour is he pulled them out himself after watching Deliverance in the hope that it would improve his chances for romance....

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/espns-c ... goals.html

That's the one.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:53 pm

looks like mr boring is back.
has anyone missed him?
thought not.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

has anyone missed him?
thought not.

I've missed him and glad hes back.
The huge problem he has with you is that you think there is no agenda and sneer at fans like us that believe there is one..........and there clearly is one.
From your posts it would seem you are one of the very fuckign few fans who think fans like me and OD are delusional with this idea that there is an agenda against MCFC......can you not see what we can all see ??? refs ...media....pundits....is there any need to go on ?

Your turn.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

has anyone missed him?
thought not.

The huge problem he has with you is that you think there is no agenda and sneer at fans like us that believe there is one..........and there clearly is one.
From your posts it would seem you are one of the very fuckign few fans who think fans like me and OD are delusional with this idea that there is an agenda against MCFC......can you not see what we can all see ??? refs ...media....pundits....is there any need to go on ?

Your turn.

if I may go out of turn, it looks like NT is the epiphenomenalist, apologies OD. Right, carry on.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

has anyone missed him?
thought not.

Your turn.

if I may go out of turn, it looks like NT is the epiphenomenalist, apologies OD. Right, carry on.

Cunt is a better word....it gets it out there quicker.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Our national broadcaster covering selected u-15 pre season games now
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40723855
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:52 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Our national broadcaster covering selected u-15 pre season games now

#fakenews

the full context is that the bbc are showing a number of games in this tournament live on the website...
last night an irish youth team were being shown vs a mexican side, tonight is was newcastle vs ???

i'm disappointed with you jc. you come across as better than this...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:10 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Our national broadcaster covering selected u-15 pre season games now

#fakenews

the full context is that the bbc are showing a number of games in this tournament live on the website...
last night an irish youth team were being shown vs a mexican side, tonight is was newcastle vs ???

You're quite right, a poor example to choose among the countless opportunities to show their blatant rag bias and remorseless negative reporting of City. I will try to improve my selections in future.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:36 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

#fakenews

You're quite right, a poor example to choose among the countless opportunities to show their blatant rag bias and remorseless negative reporting of City. I will try to improve my selections in future.

Just watched the highlights (all four minutes of them) of this game and it looks, from that, that the Scum youngsters must have easily had about 97% of the possession. If it had been a boxing match, the referee would have stopped the fight after the first round.

On that basis, I don't know why the opposition were condescendingly described as "spirited".
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:09 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

has anyone missed him?
thought not.

Your turn.

Ouch. Hate that, LookNige.

Looks like I was missed by the very lad you follow around the board like a lap dog :lol:

It was about this time last year when your posting style changed for the worst and everything became dark.

Happy anniversary, you blind cunt.

Carl mate,
Missed you too pal - big season ahead. Raring to go 8-)
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Manchester City are back on Uefa’s ­financial watch list after their £220 million spending spree this summer.

City and Paris Saint-Germain were fined for breaching Uefa’s Financial Fair Play rules three years ago and the two clubs’ activity in this summer’s window is now being scrutinised again.

Pep Guardiola could take his spending to around the £300 million mark if he manages to sign £60 million rated Colombia forward Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal and bring in another centre-half.

City are also prepared to rival Real Madrid for the £161 million purchase of Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe in the event they cannot persuade Arsenal to sell Sanchez, a move that would push their spending closer to £400 million.

Alexis Sanchez has been a long-term target for Guardiola CREDIT: PA
PSG have spent only £13.5 million so far on left-back Yuri Berchiche from Real Sociedad and brought right-back Dani Alves in on a free transfer from ­Juventus. But the French club are prepared to break the world transfer record by meeting the £196 million ­release clause in Brazil forward Neymar’s contract with Barcelona.

Both City and PSG have to tread carefully because a second breach of FFP would leave them open to more ­severe punishment from Uefa, including a ban from European competition.

City, who spent more than £170 million in the transfer market last summer, recorded a £20.5 million profit on record revenues of £391.8 million for the 2015/2016 season.

Clubs can be granted special dispensation to run up bigger losses than those allowed under Uefa guidelines but that does not apply to teams punished in the past three years under FFP and another significant outlay by City before the Aug 31 transfer deadline is likely to invite deeper investigation.

This week, Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho called on Uefa to get tough and claimed FFP had “big work to do because probably there are some strategies of disguise”.

“We don’t make a distinction, all clubs are treated in the same way,” said Andrea Traverso, who heads up FFP. “PSG and Manchester City have been punished, but I can tell you Inter Milan and Roma have been restricted too.

“It’s been a long time since 2014 when the rules had just been introduced. Now, everyone knows them well. PSG are no longer under those restrictions, but that doesn’t mean they can start to do what they want.

“They must respect financial fair play regulations, just like everyone else in Europe. They must show they can have losses that do not go beyond €30 million (£26.8 million) over three years.

“I’m convinced that everything will be done within the rules. But I understand very well that some people are asking themselves questions.”

City defeated Real Madrid 4-1 in Los Angeles on Wednesday CREDIT: AFP
Guardiola had ridiculed ­reports in March that City could sign at least six players this summer and more than a dozen leave the club by saying “I am going to assure you it’s ­impossible to do that”.

But that is exactly what is materialising during a summer of huge upheaval at the Etihad Stadium that could eventually result in a turnover of up to 25 players. City have made six signings so far with goalkeeper Ederson Moraes, defenders Kyle Walker, Benjamin Mendy and Danilo and midfielders Bernardo Silva and Douglas Luiz and want to bring in at least two more.

Ten players have been sold or ­released for a combined sum of £42 million while Joe Hart has been loaned to West Ham United and the number of departures could swell to 18 if Eliaquim Mangala, Wilfried Bony, Fabian Delph, Fernando, Samir Nasri, Kelechi Iheanacho and Jason Denayer all go as expected as City push hard over the next few weeks to shed the deadwood.

France defender Mangala has turned down a move to Spartak Moscow but midfielder ­Fernando should complete a £4.5 million move to Galatasaray next week and Delph and Bony could join Stoke and Swansea ­respectively. Iheanacho is expected to move to Leicester for £25 million.
Article written by James Ducker of the Telegraph
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:35 pm

and utd pay 125 mil on 2 players
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:07 am

The problem with football media in the UK, it seems to me, is it is too dominated by one type of person.

Even a so-called progressive paper like The Guardian, can be full of writers that sound a lot like if Donald Trump had a slightly bigger vocabulary.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby dazby » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:23 am

I stopped at "Columbian forward Alexei Sanchez."
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby City64 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:41 am

dazby wrote:I stopped at "Columbian forward Alexei Sanchez."

Pmsl .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:46 am

So, we get labelled again without any real source, apart from Maureen gobbing off after spending how fucking much?

These articles could be taken straight from MUTV or some other Rag based outlet.

Just shows how worried they are, the jealous cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum