Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:50 am

Hazy2 wrote:The moral of the story, do not leave Liarpool, the likes of Tony Evans will se to it you are ruined. I would bet he is ghost writing the spitting Scousers piece. Another Scousers who has in 1 drop of the bullshit persona done more than Raheem could ever do, yet he jogs on and will return to Sky like nothing ever happened. Scousers for you!

My view exactly.
Now I'm going to start another row by saying I don't think the abuse is racist, except maybe the occasional cunt with an agenda.
It's bitter scouse, and to a lesser extent rag driven media that have created this situation. It began when Raz left dipperland, and hasn't ever gone away.
And the punters are the same sheep that booed him at every away ground without having any idea why.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:54 am

patrickblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The moral of the story, do not leave Liarpool, the likes of Tony Evans will se to it you are ruined. I would bet he is ghost writing the spitting Scousers piece. Another Scousers who has in 1 drop of the bullshit persona done more than Raheem could ever do, yet he jogs on and will return to Sky like nothing ever happened. Scousers for you!

My view exactly.
Now I'm going to start another row by saying I don't think the abuse is racist, except maybe the occasional cunt with an agenda.
It's bitter scouse, and to a lesser extent rag driven media that have created this situation. It began when Raz left dipperland, and hasn't ever gone away.
And the punters are the same sheep that booed him at every away ground without having any idea why.

The articles themselves aren't racist in nature however these hacks know that by attacking a successful young black man that the largely racist readership will lap it up. So indirectly racist imo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:08 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

My view exactly.

The articles themselves aren't racist in nature however these hacks know that by attacking a successful young black man that the largely racist readership will lap it up. So indirectly racist imo.

As shown by the guy assaulting and racially absuing Sterling when he turned up for training last year.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:32 am

That's why I said there are some exceptions. Some people are just racist cunts, and any excuse is enough for them. And I'll also agree with the fact that a lot of the readership of our mainly right wing, and little englander media will take it as some sort of vindication of their views.
But generally, I don't think race has anything to do with the hate campaign. Somehow, the scouse and rag media have got everyone believing Sterling's a money grabbing mercenary, and the poor old hard done by scousers with all their 'istree are the victims (again).
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:34 am

patrickblue wrote:That's why I said there are some exceptions. Some people are just racist cunts, and any excuse is enough for them. And I'll also agree with the fact that a lot of the readership of our mainly right wing, and little englander media will take it as some sort of vindication of their views.
But generally, I don't think race has anything to do with the hate campaign. Somehow, the scouse and rag media have got everyone believing Sterling's a money grabbing mercenary, and the poor old hard done by scousers with all their 'istree are the victims (again).

Genuine question mate, if a white player had a gun tattoo (and there's been a few before Sterling) do you think the media would have focused on it like they did with black Sterling?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:42 am

MUS wrote:Is it just me or hasn't Sterling always done alright for England?

He played well in the last game and got blamed for Engs performance. The amount of times they showed the shot he scuffed when the play had already stopped for offside. He even played well in the Euros and got the blame for that. Wasn't he the one that won the bloody penalty vs Iceland?

I've seen him have much worse days for City and pep still backed him and got the rewards for it.

England need to sit the fuck down

What it all comes down to is that he had the temerity to leave the Dippers. Since then it wouldn't matter if he'd saved babies from a pride of lions or slayed a murderer who was just about to take his 1000th victim, nothing he does no longer matters.

And yes, he played well in the first half and average, like the rest of the team in the second.

And there we go, the Beeb only pointing out Raheem but no footage of the Lingard misses. What a way to support your nation; it's irrational!

Edit: they now mention the missed chances but he gets an interview, and lauded by the interviewer.

Indeed, very strange.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

He played well in the last game and got blamed for Engs performance. The amount of times they showed the shot he scuffed when the play had already stopped for offside. He even played well in the Euros and got the blame for that. Wasn't he the one that won the bloody penalty vs Iceland?

I've seen him have much worse days for City and pep still backed him and got the rewards for it.

What it all comes down to is that he had the temerity to leave the Dippers. Since then it wouldn't matter if he'd saved babies from a pride of lions or slayed a murderer who was just about to take his 1000th victim, nothing he does no longer matters.

And yes, he played well in the first half and average, like the rest of the team in the second.

And there we go, the Beeb only pointing out Raheem but no footage of the Lingard misses. What a way to support your nation; it's irrational!

Edit: they now mention the missed chances but he gets an interview, and lauded by the interviewer.

Indeed, very strange.

Most dickheads in the media are goal focused - they don't see the workrate and off the ball stuff that Sterling does (for England and City) so they try and judge him on stats rather than his contribution to the game. They're just showing thier ignorance.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:04 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Indeed, very strange.

Most dickheads in the media are goal focused - they don't see the workrate and off the ball stuff that Sterling does (for England and City) so they try and judge him on stats rather than his contribution to the game. They're just showing thier ignorance.

Was excellent today, he puts so much into looking after other players (maybe due to his England goal scoring ratio), just like he does for City.

Shut the fuckers up today and even Southgate shut the cunts up with his selection.

We know the score.

Off to the F1 now. What a day.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:That's why I said there are some exceptions. Some people are just racist cunts, and any excuse is enough for them. And I'll also agree with the fact that a lot of the readership of our mainly right wing, and little englander media will take it as some sort of vindication of their views.

Genuine question mate, if a white player had a gun tattoo (and there's been a few before Sterling) do you think the media would have focused on it like they did with black Sterling?

Genuine answer Mase. Gun and knife crime in the UK tends to be black on black gangs. That's why the media focused on Sterling. Now if you think that's racist, that's where we disagree.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:41 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Genuine answer Mase. Gun and knife crime in the UK statistically tends to be black on black gangs. That's why the media focused on Sterling. Now if you think that's racist, that's where we disagree.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:45 pm

And why has this bloody forum started to double post when I edit anything?
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

What it all comes down to is that he had the temerity to leave the Dippers.

That to me is all that it comes down to.
Racists will be racists, haters will be haters, but the agenda is from the scouse and rag agenda, not the racist bigots.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:29 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Genuine answer Mase. Gun and knife crime in the UK tends to be black on black gangs. That's why the media focused on Sterling. Now if you think that's racist, that's where we disagree.

I don't think that's racist mate, but the media focusing on a young black male because he has a gun tattoo, when there's been several before him that are white that have had a gun tattoo on them, that is racist.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:12 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I don't think that's racist mate, but the media focusing on a young black male because he has a gun tattoo, when there's been several before him that are white that have had a gun tattoo on them, that is racist.

Its all the free Tommy Robinson racist cunts and pro Brexit wankers ................ a pretty toxic mix stirring up so called patriotism fuelled by brain dead morons .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:23 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

But that's my point Mase. They've used the young black male connection, which is somewhat racist as in tarring a whole group of people with the same brush.
But I really don't believe the campaign against Raheem is anything to do with race, but a continuation of the shit he got for having the temerity to leave the Dippers, to quote Beefy.
And not only that, he went to the club who are ruining football, according to the dipper/rag press.
And for more money.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:05 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Its all the free Tommy Robinson racist cunts and pro Brexit wankers ................ a pretty toxic mix stirring up so called patriotism fuelled by brain dead morons .

Like it ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:10 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

But that's my point Mase. They've used the young black male connection, which is somewhat racist as in tarring a whole group of people with the same brush.
But I really don't believe the campaign against Raheem is anything to do with race, but a continuation of the shit he got for having the temerity to leave the Dippers, to quote Beefy.
And not only that, he went to the club who are ruining football, according to the dipper/rag press.
And for more money.

The campaign, for me, relies on a number of issues. Racism is certainly one, but it's mainly down to the 'Little Englander' and the fact that a young man earns a fortune while they struggle for a living, even though they are 'Middle Englanders'.

Jealousy is what the media has played on, but there are many other things that have played into the agenda.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:35 pm

Hate squad out in force to day

Wenger - drop Walker
Balague - drop Merlin
BFS - drop Sterling
Yaya - drop Stones

ITV continuously slagged Mendy when he came on this afternoon -
let's see what the BBC say about Sergio being dropped ....
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bigblue » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:01 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

What it all comes down to is that he had the temerity to leave the Dippers.

That to me is all that it comes down to.
Racists will be racists, haters will be haters, but the agenda is from the scouse and rag agenda, not the racist bigots.

liverpool fans got extremely bitter that their star young player was leaving for a team that for decades was considered "under" them, but had now risen above them. Raheem's transfer to City felt like a referendum on their ability to continue to be a top club. After not winning the league for decades, they get so close, only for their best players to jump ship to teams they thought offered brighter futures.

But since liverpool is all about 'istory and their legacy as a "true European great", Raheem's departure threatened their collective narrative. And when a group's identity gets threatened, they lash out in a completely exaggerated way to preserve their idea of self worth.

That's how we ended up with shite like Ibe is better anyways, Sterling is just chasing oil money, all about bling, a selfish child, etc... And liverpool have a ton of supporters who are pundits and columnists to parrot these lines. Other fans started to see that lots of the talking heads were all muttering the same things, and lots of them secretly wanted them to be true. Because lets be real, many people have subdued racist tendencies.

Basically, liverpool fans are a bunch of hipocritical 'istory cunts who started the whole mess because their collective egos are about 10x the size of their bin dipping bird brains. But well all know this so I don't really know the point of this post
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:23 am

It might be my memory playing tricks and no doubt the campaign against Sterling intensified when he signed for City but haven’t elements of the press always had it in for him? There was rumours about him having five kids, his alleged assaults on women and his hippy crack exploits were all pre City. In fact I'm sure I recall some Blues not being too impressed that we were chasing his signature in thre first place because he's 'trouble'.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum