Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby patrickblue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Tottenham announce £80.2m pre-tax loss as debt climbs to £706m

What a businessman Levy is. Class.

Saw that earlier and thought the exact same thing

Will they fall foul of FFP as they also lost a similar sum the previous year?

I hope they’re stuck with Kane now. They only other asset they have is Son. They’re a team on the decline massively.

Decline? Decline from what? Were they good at any stage? Did they win anything recently?
They have always been shit.

From a top 4 side for a good few years to the mid table. From a side who played in the CL more regularly than the rags or dippers at one point to having little to chance of appearing in it again. The trophy engravers never had to learn how to spell Tottenham, but they weren’t as shit as is made out

They were top 4 for 3 seasons in a row from 16-19, but never serious title contenders, with a couple of earlier CL appearances when the usual suspects had a duff season.
But every man and his dog knew they would bottle it, which they did time after time.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:49 pm

patrickblue wrote:They were top 4 for 3 seasons in a row from 16-19, but never serious title contenders, with a couple of earlier CL appearances when the usual suspects had a duff season.
But every man and his dog knew they would bottle it, which they did time after time.

And now they’re on the decline.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:52 am

Ah the good old we scraped 4th place cup, forgot about that trophy.

Look Spuds are a joke. Always have been always will be. The End.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:58 am

sheblue wrote:Ah the good old we scraped 4th place cup, forgot about that trophy.

Look Spuds are a joke. Always have been always will be. The End.

You could be Macclesfield Town and still be on the decline. Literally no one has said Spurs were good. Notts has penned it perfectly.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sniffer » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:38 pm

Got so pissed off with BBC football reporting I complained regarding 10 out of 14 of the first 14 articles being Man United based. I was very scathing and did not mention I was a City fan, just said what about all the other clubs. I intend to follow up with complaints every time I see such bias.

This was the reply.

Thank you for contacting us regarding coverage on the BBC Sport website.

Impartiality is a core value of the BBC, and this is one reason why we believe our news and sport coverage is trusted and respected around the world.

We apply this principle to our reporting of all issues and topics. The BBC is of course independent of any political or commercial interests, and our news agenda would never be influenced by any outside organisation, or in this case, football club.

Ultimately, we know that not everyone will agree on what stories we should cover, how we should cover them, and to what extent. These are complex decisions that our news editors put a great deal of care and consideration into, based on the editorial merit of all the stories at hand on any given day.

We regret that you are unhappy with the level of coverage dedicated to Manchester United on the BBC Sport website, and please be assured we have noted your concerns.

All that being said your feedback is highly valued. All complaints are sent to senior management and the team at BBC Sport for review, and we’ve included your points in our daily overnight audience feedback report.

These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the company and ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future content.

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Abbie Crawford.

BBC Complaints Team 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Dimples » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:58 pm

sniffer wrote:Got so pissed off with BBC football reporting I complained regarding 10 out of 14 of the first 14 articles being Man United based. I was very scathing and did not mention I was a City fan, just said what about all the other clubs. I intend to follow up with complaints every time I see such bias.

This was the reply.

Impartiality is a core value of the BBC, and this is one reason why we believe our news and sport coverage is trusted and respected around the world.

We apply this principle to our reporting of all issues and topics. The BBC is of course independent of any political or commercial interests, and our news agenda would never be influenced by any outside organisation, or in this case, football club.

Ultimately, we know that not everyone will agree on what stories we should cover, how we should cover them, and to what extent. These are complex decisions that our news editors put a great deal of care and consideration into, based on the editorial merit of all the stories at hand on any given day.

We regret that you are unhappy with the level of coverage dedicated to Manchester United on the BBC Sport website, and please be assured we have noted your concerns.

All that being said your feedback is highly valued. All complaints are sent to senior management and the team at BBC Sport for review, and we’ve included your points in our daily overnight audience feedback report.

These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the company and ensures that your concerns have been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future content.

Kind regards,

Abbie Crawford.

BBC Complaints Team

That is a very long winded way to say fcuk off.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:04 pm

England women beat Latvia 20-0 tonight in a world cup qualifier. Been checking the media outlets for the rightful slagging off they should be getting for showing such little respect for their obviously-outclassed opponents but can't seem to find any......must be because they don't play in blue.
The BBC goes as far as to say:
"The victory signified an end to a disrupted 2021 for England but was the perfect way to cap off an impressive World Cup qualifying campaign under manager Sarina Wiegman so far."
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:37 pm

Dimples wrote:
sniffer wrote:Got so pissed off with BBC football reporting I complained regarding 10 out of 14 of the first 14 articles being Man United based. I was very scathing and did not mention I was a City fan, just said what about all the other clubs. I intend to follow up with complaints every time I see such bias.

This was the reply.

Kind regards,

Abbie Crawford.

BBC Complaints Team

That is a very long winded way to say fcuk off.

Aye. Good effort though, sniffer, and have the tenaCity to keep asking the awkward questions. Maybe next time ask why you are paying a licence fee for impartial sports content but having to read content for a click-bait audience?

Anyway, fuck ‘em, the cartel loving cunts.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sniffer » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 am

Thanks, I intend to keep asking/complaining. BBC/sport/football/premier league usually have 14 headline stories, sometimes 8 to 10 feature united. Regardless of me being a City fan what about the other 18 premiership clubs and their followers. It is biased and unfair beyond belief, I will not rest on this.
sniffer

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:00 am

sniffer wrote:Thanks, I intend to keep asking/complaining. BBC/sport/football/premier league usually have 14 headline stories, sometimes 8 to 10 feature united. Regardless of me being a City fan what about the other 18 premiership clubs and their followers. It is biased and unfair beyond belief, I will not rest on this.

Been there done that, good luck.

It's a bit like the long-haired left wing students of the late 60s and early 70s are now the Uni lecturers and civil servants and it takes decades to iron that out. Same unfortunately with places like BBC and SKY and Scum. Fed on a constant drivel of success under Taggart, these places are awash with Scum fans and it takes ages to get rid.

On the positive side, seems not that long ago that the only City rep on these programmes was Mike Summerbee, who got banned for telling them about their bias. Oh and Andy Hinchcliffe - who just as well never have played for us. Nowadays the first and second generation of City champions are all over the place - and biased as hell.

Great
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sniffer » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:59 am

At least we have a voice in Micah now. Some clubs have no representation at all. I agree Sky are just as bad. How biased are Rat Boy and Martin Tyler apart from being a pair of pricks. It makes me cringe when they commentate.
sniffer

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:17 pm

john@staustell wrote:
sniffer wrote:Thanks, I intend to keep asking/complaining. BBC/sport/football/premier league usually have 14 headline stories, sometimes 8 to 10 feature united. Regardless of me being a City fan what about the other 18 premiership clubs and their followers. It is biased and unfair beyond belief, I will not rest on this.

Been there done that, good luck.

It's a bit like the long-haired left wing students of the late 60s and early 70s are now the Uni lecturers and civil servants and it takes decades to iron that out. Same unfortunately with places like BBC and SKY and Scum. Fed on a constant drivel of success under Taggart, these places are awash with Scum fans and it takes ages to get rid.

On the positive side, seems not that long ago that the only City rep on these programmes was Mike Summerbee, who got banned for telling them about their bias. Oh and Andy Hinchcliffe - who just as well never have played for us. Nowadays the first and second generation of City champions are all over the place - and biased as hell.

Great

I find Trevor Sinclair quite impartial :lol: :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:32 pm

sniffer wrote:At least we have a voice in Micah now. Some clubs have no representation at all. I agree Sky are just as bad. How biased are Rat Boy and Martin Tyler apart from being a pair of pricks. It makes me cringe when they commentate.

To be honest Micah gets on my fucking nerves - he talks fuckign shite nearly every time I hear him speak .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sniffer wrote:At least we have a voice in Micah now. Some clubs have no representation at all. I agree Sky are just as bad. How biased are Rat Boy and Martin Tyler apart from being a pair of pricks. It makes me cringe when they commentate.

To be honest Micah gets on my fucking nerves - he talks fuckign shite nearly every time I hear him speak .

I agree with Carl on this.
Micah is a lovely guy but he is way out of his depth, talks rubbish and I cannot see the punditry gig lasting for him.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:55 pm

Leeds fans in trouble for “homophobic” chanting last night at Gallagher. “Chelsea rent boy” was the chant.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:09 pm

Mase wrote:Leeds fans in trouble for “homophobic” chanting last night at Gallagher. “Chelsea rent boy” was the chant.

One of our guys was ejected from our place during the 6-0 for the same got 3 match ban. Fucking madness
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:32 pm

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Leeds fans in trouble for “homophobic” chanting last night at Gallagher. “Chelsea rent boy” was the chant.

One of our guys was ejected from our place during the 6-0 for the same got 3 match ban. Fucking madness

A lot on here call Ronaldo a ladyboy (justified if you ask me). They’d be thrown out if they mentioned it at a match. Crazy world we’re living in.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:15 pm

Dimples wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Micah is a lovely guy but he is way out of his depth, talks rubbish and I cannot see the punditry gig lasting for him.

Plus 1
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:17 pm

Mind you I suppose it's an improvement on Micahs first media appearance.

Gary Lineker spluttering into his bbc coffee :D
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby patrickblue » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:24 pm

Dimples wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He certainty talks shite, but in fairness they all do.
But the BBC seem to love him, so I reckon he;s here to stay.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum