Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:12 pm

PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:Well with several issues the last 24 hours or so highlighted by our covid stricken issues and the bizzare slanderous covid attack on Leeds Utd the “media” again have well and truly shown their “colours “ havent they !!! Dippers and rags 1st and 2nd in the PL god fucking help the rest of us !!!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/5548 ... FlKbBO29i8

Yeah, came here to post this.
Love to see the Leeds owner reacted.

These fucking pundits/journos really need a fucking bollocking.

I think the media have reached a new low the last 24 hours if that was even possible. Absolutely disgusting.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:18 pm

After all the future about our postponed game, with Neville asking if a point deduction and forfeiture of the LC tie is appropriate, I am still to see any negative mention of the Fulham situation.

Completely obvious to all Blues what was going on and how they will pile in on us for anything but, at long last, many others are beginning to see it as well.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:After all the future about our postponed game, with Neville asking if a point deduction and forfeiture of the LC tie is appropriate, I am still to see any negative mention of the Fulham situation.

Completely obvious to all Blues what was going on and how they will pile in on us for anything but, at long last, many others are beginning to see it as well.

Who is beginning to see it? And what will they do about it?

I honestly can see nothing changing, nothing at all.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dimples » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:42 pm

Penalties - the latest misrepresentation

Sky showing a table called 'PL penalties awarded since JK became Liverpool manager'
1st Leicester(45) 2nd Man City(43) 3rd Man Utd(41) 4th Crystal Palace(36) 5th Liverpool(30)

Zero context, just the counts which suits the agenda.

Here is the type of thing that should accompany those counts:

Man Utd: Awarded 33 penalties since the start of last season in all competitions.
20 of those are debatable (Richard Keys)
Many of those penalties decisive in determining match results
Utd are allowed retake penalties until they score :shock: :x ;) ;) ;)

Liverpool: A snippet from an article I read:

'...One thing undermining Klopp's argument is the effect of penalties on this season's league table.

His reigning champions lead the way again, ahead of United on goal difference having played a game more, but have been major beneficiaries of spot-kick decisions. If goals scored from penalties were removed, Liverpool would fall to sixth place – five points worse off.

They beat Leeds 4-3 with the help of two Mohamed Salah spot-kicks and West Ham 2-1 with another, though Pascal Gross' late penalty denied them victory over Brighton. Salah's goals in the 1-1 draws at Manchester City and Fulham also came from the spot.

City would actually jump to the top of that hypothetical table, with United remaining second but losing three points. The Reds would also fall behind Tottenham, Southampton and Leicester, despite the latter having scored eight penalties this season from a remarkable 10 attempts...'

Context is everything.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:30 am

Why was the Elephant Man singling out City celebrating the other night when he was talking about players mixing when they score goals? Were no other teams doing this? Was there any reason to mention any teams specifically at all? Or is he working an angle to make City look the bad boys again?
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:24 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Why was the Elephant Man singling out City celebrating the other night when he was talking about players mixing when they score goals? Were no other teams doing this? Was there any reason to mention any teams specifically at all? Or is he working an angle to make City look the bad boys again?

To be fair to him, he doesn't really know a team celebration looks like when he barely gets a point from fixtures.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:38 am

PeterParker wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:Why was the Elephant Man singling out City celebrating the other night when he was talking about players mixing when they score goals? Were no other teams doing this? Was there any reason to mention any teams specifically at all? Or is he working an angle to make City look the bad boys again?

To be fair to him, he doesn't really know a team celebration looks like when he barely gets a point from fixtures.

When I watched that cuddle I knew some idiot would have something to say. Surely they are all tested every 5 minutes?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:40 am

Dimples wrote:Penalties - the latest misrepresentation

Sky showing a table called 'PL penalties awarded since JK became Liverpool manager'
1st Leicester(45) 2nd Man City(43) 3rd Man Utd(41) 4th Crystal Palace(36) 5th Liverpool(30)

Context is everything.

Strikes me that City will have been in the box 4 or 5 times more than the rags, but similar number of penalties
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:40 am

Context is everything.

Strikes me that City will have been in the box 4 or 5 times more than the rags, but similar number of penalties
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:36 am

john@staustell wrote:

Context is everything.

Yes.
Said the exact same to a mate the other day. Last season and a half we've probably had three or four times as many touches in the opposition penalty area than the rags, but have had three times less penalties. The law of averages suggests a huge anomaly here
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:27 pm

Because he’s a Rag cunt who would have been crying into his United duvet after the Derby thrashing, closely followed by all the other dirty Scum loving fuckers

They’re hurting, they need to lash out and it just comes across as crass. I notice that there were a few who came out after that game screaming for the celebrations to stop. Coincidence, I think not.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Context is everything.

Yes.
Said the exact same to a mate the other day. Last season and a half we've probably had three or four times as many touches in the opposition penalty area than the rags, but have had three times less penalties. The law of averages suggests a huge anomaly here

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 pm

Good piece my Mike Keegan of DM, calling out Sky’s lack of impartiality before Saints v dippers game last Monday -:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/other ... annel.html
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:47 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Good piece my Mike Keegan of DM, calling out Sky’s lack of impartiality before Saints v dippers game last Monday -:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/other ... annel.html

Nice to see someone calling this out in the media. I haven't seen anything about his house being robbed yet though?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:13 pm

Daily mail article on project big picture and the gulf between EFL and PL. Article quite rightly calls out United and Liverpool for their collusion.

Guess what picture they used to illustrate the article. Yep Foden scoring for city.

A scumbag media. Not putting a link as not giving them the clicks. Twats.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Daily mail article on project big picture and the gulf between EFL and PL. Article quite rightly calls out United and Liverpool for their collusion.

Guess what picture they used to illustrate the article. Yep Foden scoring for city.

and the picture!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:33 pm

zuricity wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Daily mail article on project big picture and the gulf between EFL and PL. Article quite rightly calls out United and Liverpool for their collusion.

and the picture!

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:02 am

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:

and the picture!

Fuckin hilarious - if it wasn't so true.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:04 am

Looking on the beeb this morning and the picture alongside their non celebration piece against covid is of which team..?
Answers on a postcard to the address at the foot of your screen
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:39 am

salford city wrote:Looking on the beeb this morning and the picture alongside their non celebration piece against covid is of which team..?
Answers on a postcard to the address at the foot of your screen

Poch has now got the Klopp too ! has to isolate after his first successful cup run as a manager ! :lol: :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum