Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:26 pm

salford city wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Apparently Arsenal v Rags is a classic blockbuster of a game. 20 years ago maybe.

Certainly not now

Probably available on vhs in Blockbusters

Betamax :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:40 pm

City64 wrote:
Bluedj wrote:So I’ve just finished watching Football Focus on BBC1

So we thrash West Brom. Go top of the league and the only mention we get is at the back end of how poor Manure were and Sheffield Utds mini revival

This and that arse in our mid week game staying we hadn’t been top of the league before tonight.

These shite/ scum reporters and media suck. Always have always will

Don’t let it bother you this is shit UK today . UK is run by narrative and populism.

By the time the rag/dipper media outlets have stopped rimming their beloved teams and woken up to the realisation they aren't good or consistent enough to win the PL, we will be miles in front smoking a cigar and supping brandy getting the sideboard ready for a few more pots
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:55 pm

So we thrash West Brom. Go top of the league and the only mention we get is at the back end of how poor Manure were and Sheffield Utds mini revival

This and that arse in our mid week game staying we hadn’t been top of the league before tonight.

Another part of the ‘Strange season’. We hardly got a mention earlier in the season and I mentioned that we seem to be being ignored by the media. Then we had stories of ‘The beginning of the demise of City’ where they just decided we would now fade away into obscurity thus leaving their Rag loving authors just to concentrate on the chosen few. But then the climb, the demise was shown to be conceived by said Rag lovers and the decent into obscurity was too short lived, for them anyway.

At that point you’d think we’d get plenty of decent articles but it turned out to be the opposite. Yes, they written up the match but that was about it. The lowest point for me, which did make me smile also, was when we beat the Rags in the cup and the big uproar about how we celebrated while people were dying. Nobody cared until then as it’s part of the game and what was bringing a bit of joy to the world. After all, how many protocols had been put in place for COVID but none of them can be enforced once they cross the line.

There have been many other stories that have been printed/shown in a negative light, or our club being linked to even if it’s nowt to do with us. But the ignorance has continued as if to blank us out and allow them to peddle the myth of the ‘Best 2 clubs in the world’. That’s where the money is so that’s where the stories are. Anybody else is merely garnish.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Another part of the ‘Strange season’. We hardly got a mention earlier in the season and I mentioned that we seem to be being ignored by the media. Then we had stories of ‘The beginning of the demise of City’ where they just decided we would now fade away into obscurity thus leaving their Rag loving authors just to concentrate on the chosen few. But then the climb, the demise was shown to be conceived by said Rag lovers and the decent into obscurity was too short lived, for them anyway.

At that point you’d think we’d get plenty of decent articles but it turned out to be the opposite. Yes, they written up the match but that was about it. The lowest point for me, which did make me smile also, was when we beat the Rags in the cup and the big uproar about how we celebrated while people were dying. Nobody cared until then as it’s part of the game and what was bringing a bit of joy to the world. After all, how many protocols had been put in place for COVID but none of them can be enforced once they cross the line.

There have been many other stories that have been printed/shown in a negative light, or our club being linked to even if it’s nowt to do with us. But the ignorance has continued as if to blank us out and allow them to peddle the myth of the ‘Best 2 clubs in the world’. That’s where the money is so that’s where the stories are. Anybody else is merely garnish.

If the tarquins roll over the scum will be supreme in second place - we can be sure of that
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby budfox » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:55 am

"Is Grealish the Player of the Season"?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55875818

Oh just fuck off. He's not fit to lace Foden's boots, or Gundog's. And apart from that we're only halfway through the season. Little fucking Villa will finish mid table like they always do
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:56 am

budfox wrote:"Is Grealish the Player of the Season"?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55875818

Oh just fuck off. He's not fit to lace Foden's boots, or Gundog's. And apart from that we're only halfway through the season. Little fucking Villa will finish mid table like they always do

Except when they get (almost) relegated :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:33 am

They actually said on MoTD that he may be not just the player of the season in England but questioned if there was anyone better at the moment in the world........
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:58 am

everyonehatesus wrote:They actually said on MoTD that he may be not just the player of the season in England but questioned if there was anyone better at the moment in the world........

:lol: brilliant.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:24 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:They actually said on MoTD that he may be not just the player of the season in England but questioned if there was anyone better at the moment in the world........

Were they talking about women's football
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:45 pm

It's getting, no sorry it has become ridiculous the amount of shot they come out with. I haven't bothered to watch it for ages, the first time I have and the reporting of the United game was appalling and then the came out with this retarded comment.
I fucking hope the hammers fuck the Scouse wankers over to just to see how they cope with having to spin it somehow
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:25 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:It's getting, no sorry it has become ridiculous the amount of shot they come out with. I haven't bothered to watch it for ages, the first time I have and the reporting of the United game was appalling and then the came out with this retarded comment.
I fucking hope the hammers fuck the Scouse wankers over to just to see how they cope with having to spin it somehow

Now , Moyes has his team playing well , to be fair to Agent Moyes.

They seem to be very unlucky against Scouse , if i recall the game last January seemed to be the point where we all thought teams were rolling over for scouse2 and decisions went against Wet Spam in their Anfield loss- they did have a go. Today they can have a good go at Scouse2 . They are clearly playing with more confidence.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby branny » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:50 pm

zuricity wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:It's getting, no sorry it has become ridiculous the amount of shot they come out with. I haven't bothered to watch it for ages, the first time I have and the reporting of the United game was appalling and then the came out with this retarded comment.

Now , Moyes has his team playing well , to be fair to Agent Moyes.

They seem to be very unlucky against Scouse , if i recall the game last January seemed to be the point where we all thought teams were rolling over for scouse2 and decisions went against Wet Spam in their Anfield loss- they did have a go. Today they can have a good go at Scouse2 . They are clearly playing with more confidence.

The season before, they drew 1 each. Milner was yards offside pretty much under the lino's nose on the touch line in the build up to their goal and in the last minute Origi was clean through and should have been flagged but wasn't. Luckily he shot straight at the keeper.... and to think, that could have cost us the league title.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:13 pm

Must be a move to the rags in the offing.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:52 pm

patrickblue wrote:

Be perfectly suited. A cnut at a team of cnuts.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby branny » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:53 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Be perfectly suited. A cnut at a team of cnuts.

Most fouled player in the league signing for the team gifted the most penalties. Match made in heaven for the Rags. First player ever to be scouted purely on his inability to stay on his feet.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:03 am

I call it the David Silva effect. His level was above any of the pundits ever achieved. The plaudits
Come as he leaves. Disgraceful. Penandes not fit to lace his boots, but plays for the scum.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:27 am

Hazy2 wrote:I call it the David Silva effect. His level was above any of the pundits ever achieved. The plaudits
Come as he leaves. Disgraceful. Penandes not fit to lace his boots, but plays for the scum.

I ve said it many times, I think Dave is up there with the likes of Xavi & Iniesta.
One of the best playmakers in the last 50 years in football.
And also the most underrated ever.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:43 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:I call it the David Silva effect. His level was above any of the pundits ever achieved. The plaudits

I ve said it many times, I think Dave is up there with the likes of Xavi & Iniesta.
One of the best playmakers in the last 50 years in football.
And also the most underrated ever.

I don't think he was underrated, but more like ignored because of who he was playing for.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:23 pm

Just took a small look on "Transfer Deadline Day".
Wow, nothing happens worldwide, but still, the media is trying to sell it like it's the best ever.

Like poking a dead cat and hoping she will do something
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby hayling22 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:31 pm

Can someone please tell me why Barca are not being dragged through the fire by FFP as the way they run their club is a scandal.
Massive debt, unaforadble wages, and no one seems to be targeting them.
It makes whatever we were charged with look like peanuts, even though we did nothing wrong
It really fuckimg annoys me that the knives were out for us, but they seem to be treated as an exception and almost victims
Them and Madrid are a fucking joke and have thought they were untouchable for so long, throw them to the dogs!!
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum