Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:12 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
freshie wrote:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/manchester- ... ble-143056

Look at the tone of that article, ridiculing City fans.

Now imagine the club was to start banning journos for their negative portrayal of the club, we think it's bad now, it would get a whole lot worse, it would be open season on City.

It's open season already mate. And has been building towards this for years.

You're right, that rag cunt in joe.co.uk has previous. He went to town on city straight after we dry bummed the dippers.

But tbh, I don't see how it can get much worse. We're in an age now where fake news is getting called out left right and centre.
Where the mad bastards who call out journos are running the show.

It's not ideal as far as politics go, but I'd love to see these cunts banned from the club - sued for lying and attempting to discredit and even defame us.

Baconface fucked off the BBC for fucking years and it just made him more of a media darling. And now the BBC remember him "fondly".

Ban the cunts.
Anyone who clearly has an agenda.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 am

Original Dub wrote:
freshie wrote:

Now imagine the club was to start banning journos for their negative portrayal of the club, we think it's bad now, it would get a whole lot worse, it would be open season on City.

You're right, that rag cunt in joe.co.uk has previous. He went to town on city straight after we dry bummed the dippers.

But tbh, I don't see how it can get much worse. We're in an age now where fake news is getting called out left right and centre.

It's not ideal as far as politics go, but I'd love to see these cunts banned from the club - sued for lying and attempting to discredit and even defame us.

Baconface fucked off the BBC for fucking years and it just made him more of a media darling. And now the BBC remember him "fondly".

Ban the cunts.

Baconface was able to do it because of the "659million" mate.

When they reported negatively on U****D it hit their bottom line, they need the rags customer base to sell their bullshit to.

We don't have that luxury, yet. The only way this stops is by growing our fan base, the only way that happens is by winning, no dominating, consistently.

IMO.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Absolutely appalling.
The only thing that makes me doubt us succeeding this year is how the whole machine is in overdrive to see us fail.

The media have influence, whether some think so or not. When the truth dies a little piece of us all dies with it. This from the BBC is mind bogglingly childish and arrogantly intentionally provocative.

They're trying to send a message out that we can do what we want, if you ask me.
Like they used to be able.

This year more than any I want to see us take them apart.

But this really doesn't surprise those of us that have known about an anti city bias for fuckign years now, its par the course........it might raise an eyebrow for some of the stubborn cunts on this site ( people like'' justified'' ) to see something like this in the media, but you can bet your bottom dollar they will be adamant that it will not have anything to do with an anti city agenda........no matter how much proof is thrown in front of them....deluded fuckers or what.

So many of us know about the bias that even the media do not try to hide it anymore.

Great post!

TiT of a poster...a fuckign deluded poster at that.

Great post!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:24 am

Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Absolutely appalling.
The only thing that makes me doubt us succeeding this year is how the whole machine is in overdrive to see us fail.

The media have influence, whether some think so or not. When the truth dies a little piece of us all dies with it. This from the BBC is mind bogglingly childish and arrogantly intentionally provocative.

They're trying to send a message out that we can do what we want, if you ask me.
Like they used to be able.

This year more than any I want to see us take them apart.

But this really doesn't surprise those of us that have known about an anti city bias for fuckign years now, its par the course........it might raise an eyebrow for some of the stubborn cunts on this site ( people like'' justified'' ) to see something like this in the media, but you can bet your bottom dollar they will be adamant that it will not have anything to do with an anti city agenda........no matter how much proof is thrown in front of them....deluded fuckers or what.

So many of us know about the bias that even the media do not try to hide it anymore.

Great post!

TiT of a poster...a fuckign deluded poster at that.

Great post!

i agree with this assessment
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:58 am

Original Dub wrote:
freshie wrote:

Ban the cunts.

Baconface was able to do it because of the "659million" mate.

When they reported negatively on U****D it hit their bottom line, they need the rags customer base to sell their bullshit to.

We don't have that luxury, yet. The only way this stops is by growing our fan base, the only way that happens is by winning, no dominating, consistently.

IMO.

No surprise that the rags head media person has now moved jobs and is head of BBC media
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:01 pm

I've gotta be honest, we are really embarrassing ourselves with this kind of shit.

I know that the media in general appear to have an obvious bias against us, but I think with the BBC thing last night we're clutching at straws and perhaps searching for bias.

At first I had the same reaction, however after a bit of thought it became apparent that it's nothing more than a coincidence. I checked back through a few of the last BBC tweets where they have shown a snapshot of the league table, and for the past few I could find, 6 teams had been shown. They haven't changed their snapshot format. Just that 7 doesn't go into 6. The're hardly going to show us top of the tree and not show Arsenal when the story is about Arsenal being 7th.

I really don't think the tweet was thought about to the sinister lengths that a lot of our fan base have assumed it is.

The whole media bias thing is a bit tedious now anyways. We all know they don't like us so just fucking let them get on with it. As long as I support my club, I really couldn't give a flying fuck what anyone else writes or says.

Reacting to that the way (the collective) we have is laughable and I'm sorry to say it but that Joe article is pretty much right, are we really that fucking needy FFS?
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:19 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:I've gotta be honest, we are really embarrassing ourselves with this kind of shit.

I know that the media in general appear to have an obvious bias against us, but I think with the BBC thing last night we're clutching at straws and perhaps searching for bias.

At first I had the same reaction, however after a bit of thought it became apparent that it's nothing more than a coincidence. I checked back through a few of the last BBC tweets where they have shown a snapshot of the league table, and for the past few I could find, 6 teams had been shown. They haven't changed their snapshot format. Just that 7 doesn't go into 6. The're hardly going to show us top of the tree and not show Arsenal when the story is about Arsenal being 7th.

I really don't think the tweet was thought about to the sinister lengths that a lot of our fan base have assumed it is.

The whole media bias thing is a bit tedious now anyways. We all know they don't like us so just fucking let them get on with it. As long as I support my club, I really couldn't give a flying fuck what anyone else writes or says.

Reacting to that the way (the collective) we have is laughable and I'm sorry to say it but that Joe article is pretty much right, are we really that fucking needy FFS?

What do you think through reaction would be been had the rags been left out of the graphic if our positions were reversed?

They could have just as easily shown 4th to 9th, that would in fact be a clearer representation of where Arsenal sit in the table.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:29 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:I've gotta be honest, we are really embarrassing ourselves with this kind of shit.

What do you think through reaction would be been had the rags been left out of the graphic if our positions were reversed?

They could have just as easily shown 4th to 9th, that would in fact be a clearer representation of where Arsenal sit in the table.

That's what I mean though, whoever issued that tweet or pic clearly hadn't thought that it would have got the response it did. It's surely just an innocent snapshot, and probably slightly lazy, just moving the top 6 viewer down by on position.

I've no idea how the rags would've reacted, I expect probably an equally similar and embarrassing reaction. It seems to be the way with social media, any excuse to search for something to be outraged at, just to say you are outraged, seems as good an excuse as any!

We do need to get a grip though don't we!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:36 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:

That's what I mean though, whoever issued that tweet or pic clearly hadn't thought that it would have got the response it did. It's surely just an innocent snapshot, and probably slightly lazy, just moving the top 6 viewer down by on position.

I've no idea how the rags would've reacted, I expect probably an equally similar and embarrassing reaction. It seems to be the way with social media, any excuse to search for something to be outraged at, just to say you are outraged, seems as good an excuse as any!

If it was a one off from the BBC I'd have more sympathy with your line of thinking, sadly it's not, it's just the latest in a long line of shit they throw City's way.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:57 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:That's what I mean though, whoever issued that tweet or pic clearly hadn't thought that it would have got the response it did. It's surely just an innocent snapshot, and probably slightly lazy, just moving the top 6 viewer down by on position.

That's the thing Dave. In itself you could call it innocuous but it's in keeping with what is looking like policy when dealing with City.
They write us out of the picture very often.

I don't think it is lazy, I don't think that it wasn't clearly thought out. If anything I think very little thought has to go into it anymore. It's policy.
It's quite calculated. It's provocative. And it has the blessing of the top brass.

You are right that we shouldn't care.
I agree with FIBD and have always thought that there is only one way to beat this. Keep playing our brand of football. Keep winning. If it means we need to grow a fanbase from the Middle east or East Asia or South America to really make an impact, then that is the consequence of the global business we are in.
The sport element died years ago. Business is war.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby freshie » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:25 pm

When it's our licence fee money that's paying for this shit then I think we have every right to feel aggrieved
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Dave, mate....
let me, please, start first by stating that You, among all the special characters of this board, hold a special place in my heart. either out of the funniest avatar (probably) in the whole internet and, if memory doesn't fail me, that glorious post about wishing Whiskeynose stretched off, while jellies and candies are offered all throughout the stands. (was it actually yours, btw?)

Now, once paid fair dues... I really do appreciate the fact that a few Brits seems to be... simply unable to embrace the idea that, that RULE OF LAW, which have made and makes the British Civilization the benchmark for all others, can be twisted and bent in Britain as much as it's always been done on less advanced civilization. A law-abiding stance/point of view is always good, patriotic and, overall, very healty.

But what makes embarassing, an opinion grown and throughfully settled into the minds of 90+ % of a whole community?
can we all be that paranoid or, to put it differently, can so many people, from different backgrounds and educational/experiences grounds, all be so blind and daft to just surrender to own bias and passion, on a such long period of time spent on carefully appreciate the issue?
on this particular, minor I concede, example of "illustrious" web editing by the BBC, is it yet another coincidence that the department is run by a former employee of the rags?

How many more "coincidences" you will have to sum up, along the years, to let your desire for a civilized, fair playfield surrender to the overwhelming evidence of a kinda masonry, all out to pretect their business advandage?

Yet, in order to be even more fair in my respect for Your opinion, I am glad to concede that people with my educational background and professional bias tend to grow a cynicism bordering to paranoia by the years, but so do not do much of the others on here, who have grown into the same exact opinion from different backgrounds and experiences.

Ultimatelly, what makes the issue so much important, transcendent to whatever passion and bias from the fans is that, the following, is ENTIRELY THE POINT:

Original Dub wrote: The media don't just have influence mate, they have the biggest influence.

if You need further consideration, that I respect, please think about the striking impact of Fox News on the American society and debate: being it of incomparable bigger importance than "just football", it has been subject of countless case studies. you'll find plenty of leading sources to pick on your will and sensibility.
Surprisingly enough, the show in your domestic football industry is run by the same folks, applying the very same pattern.

Yet, again, why any company/corporation/firm worth the name would apportion significant resouces to P.R. and media handling, if the matter didn't had such significant impact on the overall outcome of their ventures?

P.s.: dont call me a coward. if you are interested on debating me on this, I'll be at your disposal from tomorrom. now my flight has been called and need to rush to be home in time for tonight game ;)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Your post is embarrassing IMO .

We have every fucking right to defend the constant bias and agenda against our club - maybe you should send Trevor Sinclair an email telling him he's emabarrasing as well , for claiming what most of us already know .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We have every fucking right to defend the constant bias and agenda against our club - maybe you should send Trevor Sinclair an email telling him he's emabarrasing as well , for claiming what most of us already know .

https://twitter.com/trevor8sinclair/sta ... 5889941506

pepsi dave a fantastic "astute" poster but I also cant agree with him on this BBC "Agenda" stitch up . Neither can Trev Sinclair ^^^^^^^
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Can you imagine the top 40 or any other sport/ Movie revie And at number 1......... here's the news. No it would not happen BBC taking the piss due to a fucking RAG infested agenda.... or is it anti City owners.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:14 pm

Has he been back on match of the day since speaking out? I suspect not...
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:43 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

https://twitter.com/trevor8sinclair/sta ... 5889941506

pepsi dave a fantastic "astute" poster but I also cant agree with him on this BBC "Agenda" stitch up . Neither can Trev Sinclair ^^^^^^^

Even when our very own ex player, who works in the media, tells us all there's an Agenda against our club the ''deluded'' (everyone knows who these are) still continue taking a 15 inch cock up their arses and continue denying there's a cock there at all.They all remind me of Chemical Aly from the gulf war.

Im just glad most folk on Mancityfans are not as deluded as some others on here and will always make a noise about the cunts who take the piss out of our club. - the others can continue with anal entry and denial.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:15 pm

Wooders wrote:Has he been back on match of the day since speaking out? I suspect not...

Yes he has been back on BBC. Think it was MotD but may have been Football Focus.
Justified logic

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Wooders wrote:Has he been back on match of the day since speaking out? I suspect not...

Yes he has been back on BBC. Think it was MotD but may have been Football Focus.

Feeling sore today ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Justified logic wrote:

FF last Saturday.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum