Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Outcast » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:22 am

I wish Sterling just retires and focus on his domestic career. The media obsession is getting beyond tedious
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It might be my memory playing tricks and no doubt the campaign against Sterling intensified when he signed for City but haven’t elements of the press always had it in for him? There was rumours about him having five kids, his alleged assaults on women and his hippy crack exploits were all pre City. In fact I'm sure I recall some Blues not being too impressed that we were chasing his signature in thre first place because he's 'trouble'.

You may be right, but TBH I don't remember it being the case. All I remember was him being a media hero, part of the much vaunted Liverpuddle SAS. And the daft haircut he had at the time.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Rooney Years of CRAZY Stories buried
Giggs Gagged the press at cost of millions !
Gerrard used gangsters to sort out gangsters, Twatted bar owner burried.
Carragher spits at a family. from a moving car

All in this region
Sterling left Liverpool to Join City. What the likes of Pierce Morgan should be doing is getting to the root of the press issue with Raheem.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:31 am

Tiki Taka Finished After Spanish, Kraut and Argie humiliation

World Cup signals the end of possession football

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2 ... world-cup/
https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... rgen-klopp
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Gabriel Jesus starts up front with Neymar. Or, to put it another way:

Another international manager ignores the "drop the City player" media campaign
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby dave watson's perm » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:01 pm

john@staustell wrote:Gabriel Jesus starts up front with Neymar. Or, to put it another way:

The cnts on ITV saying Firmino only just on and scores so he must start instead of Jesus
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:37 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Gabriel Jesus starts up front with Neymar. Or, to put it another way:

The cnts on ITV saying Firmino only just on and scores so he must start instead of Jesus

I listened to 5 live and Dion Dublin was very complimentary about what he brings to the team. His work rate and willingness to graft and defend. He did say though that firmino scoring that goal will have the stattos banging the drum for firmino to start the next game.

Jesus needs to pop a couple in to shut them up.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:51 pm

Jesus was playing well and it looked like he was the one to drop to a slightly deeper role when Cout went off.

Typical tho that the keeper got a slight toe to the 2nd one which left Firminho with his tap in. Same thing for the first goal would have been a Jesus goal and not Neymar
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:

I listened to 5 live and Dion Dublin was very complimentary about what he brings to the team. His work rate and willingness to graft and defend. He did say though that firmino scoring that goal will have the stattos banging the drum for firmino to start the next game.

Jesus needs to pop a couple in to shut them up.

jesus and firminio up front for brazil would be a lethal pairing....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Southgate on Sterling - "For the last five or six games he has played in, with the change of system, he has been key with his movement, his ability to run at teams from deep, his interchanging of positions with other forwards,"

"At times I have wondered why there has been so much focus on his position in the team and not others."

Glad to see the England manager is finally calling out the media and England fans for this.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Mase wrote:Southgate on Sterling - "For the last five or six games he has played in, with the change of system, he has been key with his movement, his ability to run at teams from deep, his interchanging of positions with other forwards,"

"At times I have wondered why there has been so much focus on his position in the team and not others."

Glad to see the England manager is finally calling out the media and England fans for this.

More importantly, he is the fella that picks the team
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:37 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Southgate on Sterling - "For the last five or six games he has played in, with the change of system, he has been key with his movement, his ability to run at teams from deep, his interchanging of positions with other forwards,"

More importantly, he is the fella that picks the team

What is even more important is that he is able to see it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Hamaan just said that Belgium should someone else in for de bruyne. And they'd be a better team without him.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:Hamaan just said that Belgium should someone else in for de bruyne. And they'd be a better team without him.

Hes still drunk from the year 2000
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Original Dub wrote:Hamaan just said that Belgium should someone else in for de bruyne. And they'd be a better team without him.

I heard that too Ronan, but to give it context, he did say that he’s not doing the role he’s being asked and he thinks it’s a case of pick a team to play your system, not just your best players.

Let’s hear his explanation of the third goal then.

I don’t agree with Didi, but there’s no doubt Belgium look disjointed and Kev for the most part looked disinterested.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:20 pm

Who give a fcuk what Hamann says ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I heard that too Ronan, but to give it context, he did say that he’s not doing the role he’s being asked and he thinks it’s a case of pick a team to play your system, not just your best players.

I don’t agree with Didi, but there’s no doubt Belgium look disjointed and Kev for the most part looked disinterested.

There is no correct context for saying we bruyne doesn't deserve to start. For pretty much any team on the planet.

If Martinez is playing him in the wrong role then say that. Don't come out with stupid shit like dropping him from the team.

These are the very same people saying rashford should start.

It's agenda driven horseshite
Original Dub

Postby Outcast » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Since Jesus joined the national team they're style of play completely changed, its not based on flair alone, my understanding Tite learnt his trade in Europe, its based on pressing and maintaining shape, Jesus fits that bill perfectly. They have been successful since his introduction, Why change it for the sake for a bin dipping goof? Besides they want to win it and Jesus brings winning mentality. Oh lets not forget it was a city player who started the build up and lead to Firmino tap in, yet you dont see city fans whining for Fred to start!!!
Outcast

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:18 pm

Original Dub wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

There is no correct context for saying we bruyne doesn't deserve to start. For pretty much any team on the planet.

If Martinez is playing him in the wrong role then say that. Don't come out with stupid shit like dropping him from the team.

Yep, all to sell copy. Anybody notice the theme? Rashford for Raheem, Firminho for Jesus, even Stones was targeted for Jones a few times. And amazing how it is ex-Dipper/Rags pushing this garbage.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Yep, all to sell copy. Anybody notice the theme? Rashford for Raheem, Firminho for Jesus, even Stones was targeted for Jones a few times. And amazing how it is ex-Dipper/Rags pushing this garbage.

It really never ends does it , I don’t think it ever will
But yer know I didn’t ever think we would win the league again 12 yrs ago . Come on Blues we are better than these twats .
carolina-blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum