Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:40 am

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:Telegraph this morning -

“Manchester City might win the quadruple - and this is not good for English football”[/quote

Genuinely would love us to sweep the fucking lot up the fall-out would be immense. Keep your treble, have that.
That is a truly shocking line that they have written though

Wonder if the rags ruined football in 1999

Thought not. Seem to recall the narrative was on the lines they have raised the bar and it's up to everyone else to raise their own games which in turn will be good for the game
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 am

Mase wrote:Telegraph this morning -

“Manchester City might win the quadruple - and this is not good for English football”

That is Fucking disgraceful, Not one bad word when the murderers ran away with it and became champions of the world , and as somebody already said nothing but praise for the other red shite in 99 ,
Fucking Muppets
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:46 pm

Just now on CNN World Sport by anchor Don Riddell after an unusually complimentary report on Man City's historic winning run
- "Well they do have deeper pockets than most teams..."
but not as deep as a certain US owned club in the neighbourhood eh?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:59 pm

On Sky this morning they had Nedum Onuha and Michael Dawson discussing the game last night. They both could not have been more complimentary. Dawson in particular was saying we are the best side he has ever seen in all aspects of the game. With the ball, without the ball, defensive shape, the high press, the defending from the front. Onuha made a great point that the forwards actually will get more chances through pressing high as more balls will be won back in the opposition’s third.
nottsblue

Postby PeterParker » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:36 pm

I was thinking, did anyone mention the 40mil pound flop Van der Beek? Or he came from the academy and didn’t deliver?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:48 pm

PeterParker wrote:I was thinking, did anyone mention the 40mil pound flop Van der Beek? Or he came from the academy and didn’t deliver?

In some ways I feel sorry for VDB as he seems to have been shafted but then it dawns that he did it to try and further his career just by transferring to the Rags. Then there’s the question of why a club pays so much just so he can sit on the bench like a youth player, obviously a mismatch with the manager and those that do the purchases.

What we don’t hear, and should be mentioned, is how the likes of the Rags have spunked hundreds of millions on a system that doesn’t actually work.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dimples » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:36 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I was thinking, did anyone mention the 40mil pound flop Van der Beek? Or he came from the academy and didn’t deliver?

In some ways I feel sorry for VDB as he seems to have been shafted but then it dawns that he did it to try and further his career just by transferring to the Rags. Then there’s the question of why a club pays so much just so he can sit on the bench like a youth player, obviously a mismatch with the manager and those that do the purchases.

What we don’t hear, and should be mentioned, is how the likes of the Rags have spunked hundreds of millions on a system that doesn’t actually work.

I think it shows that Ole has no say in transfer policy.
VDB is a clone of Fernandes, a goal scoring attacking midfielder.
Ole needed a playmaker to feed Fernandes.
So the VDB transfer looks like a total waste (unless Fernandes gets injured).

Long may it last - some clown in charge of transfers who buys duplicates and Ole as the manager out of his depth tactically.

The Rags are rudderless and running in circles and I think Sunday will prove the point.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby salford city » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:20 am

IMG-20210305-WA0004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:59 am

salford city wrote:Image Uphill
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby salford city » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:12 am

Cheerw JC, I have no idea idea how to do that....
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:39 am

i suppose it's on twutter somewhere breaking news that the guy that presses the crowd noise button at Anfield when Scouse2 score, has been Furloughed.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:07 am

zuricity wrote:i suppose it's on twutter somewhere breaking news that the guy that presses the crowd noise button at Anfield when Scouse2 score, has been Furloughed.

Lol and they have asked the government to pay him
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:27 am

Sky breaking news
they keep posting alternative tables to keep us out of the table . This one they had to show us though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:49 pm

Brilliant article by Stuart Brennan in the MEN a must read for blues -:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... p-19988830
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:34 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Brilliant article by Stuart Brennan in the MEN a must read for blues -:

Cheers for this HDS

On the money
nottsblue

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:16 am

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Brilliant article by Stuart Brennan in the MEN a must read for blues -:

Cheers for this HDS

On the money

At the risk of being churlish, as far as Stuart is concerned this is a case of better late than never. With the CAS decision in our favour, the league virtually sewn up and odds on for the other trophies he now feels it's safe to creep out from behind the bushes and give us a cheer. Where was he when Martin Samuel was doing a passable version of Custer's Last Stand with the cartel baying for our total annihilation? Let's see who emerges from undergrowth to join him in the coming weeks.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:21 am

johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Cheers for this HDS

On the money

At the risk of being churlish, as far as Stuart is concerned this is a case of better late than never. With the CAS decision in our favour, the league virtually sewn up and odds on for the other trophies he now feels it's safe to creep out from behind the bushes and give us a cheer. Where was he when Martin Samuel was doing a passable version of Custer's Last Stand with the cartel baying for our total annihilation? Let's see who emerges from undergrowth to join him in the coming weeks.

Stu has been fighting our corner all the way on this

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... p-15387348
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Cheers for this HDS

On the money

It's unusual admittedly but I think on this occasion you are being too kind fibj. That opinion piece you cite was almost the last we saw of him until after CAS judgement - in the intervening period Samuel was a lone mainstream media voice exposing the cartel's aim to completely destroy City. MUEN's total failure to support us in that battle was as predictable as it was disgusting, maybe Brennan was an internal casualty though - doubt he would have survived if the verdict had gone the other way.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:52 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Cheers for this HDS

On the money

It's unusual admittedly but I think on this occasion you are being too kind fibj. That opinion piece you cite was almost the last we saw of him until after CAS judgement - in the intervening period Samuel was a lone mainstream media voice exposing the cartel's aim to completely destroy City. MUEN's total failure to support us in that battle was as predictable as it was disgusting, maybe Brennan was an internal casualty though - doubt he would have survived if the verdict had gone the other way.

Stuart Brennan has taken a couple of sabbaticals the last year , he never really explained the circumstances but reading into it from the outside it could that his employers took him out of the firing line as he got himself into a huge spat with the dippers and their disgusting fan base while he was sticking up for City . He has come out all guns blazing again with his latest article but again citing he isn’t a city fan and never has been .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:54 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Cheers for this HDS

On the money

I follow him on Twitter, there's nothing unusual about that article, it's consistent with how he reported on this whole affair.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum