Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Get ready for some more serious shit headlines and story lines now we have just been beaten in a friendly in Austrailia by Real Madrid ! It will be gut wrenching without a doubt ..........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby harveytravis » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:20 pm

City64 wrote:Get ready for some more serious shit headlines and story lines now we have just been beaten in a friendly in Austrailia by Real Madrid ! It will be gut wrenching without a doubt ..........

DON'T READ THEM
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:24 pm

harveytravis wrote:
City64 wrote:Get ready for some more serious shit headlines and story lines now we have just been beaten in a friendly in Austrailia by Real Madrid ! It will be gut wrenching without a doubt ..........

DON'T READ THEM

Exactly. People are such little bitches on here about alleged journalism. It's just click bait and horseshit. Go for a walk. Have a wank. Get a pint. Blow your hot neighbor. Whatever works for you.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Here's another. Daily Fail reporting that City have failed to meet the 40,001 season ticket target. Don't know the facts but premature even if true now.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:39 pm

City confirm they HAVE sold the 40,000 season tickets plus 2,000 of the premium seats. Fuck you Daily Fail.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Sky sports reported today that Delph lasted only 18 minutes following his "big money move" from Villa. Seriously, that is a quote in relation to his £8m transfer fee.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:14 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
harveytravis wrote:

DON'T READ THEM

Exactly. People are such little bitches on here about alleged journalism. It's just click bait and horseshit. Go for a walk. Have a wank. Get a pint. Blow your hot neighbor. Whatever works for you.

Cheers

People are such little bitches on here about alleged bias in journalism. Go for a walk. Have a wank. Get a pint. Blow your hot neighbor.

Or just fuck off. That would work for me.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:30 am

blues2win wrote:Here's another. Daily Fail reporting that City have failed to meet the 40,001 season ticket target. Don't know the facts but premature even if true now.

Blues2Win: Here's a link to a MEN article, which tells the more accurate version, that City have broken their pre-season ticket sale record. Other press reports are saying the same:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... et-9725229?

Yes, we can all ignore the negative press and refuse to read or watch it. Or, not be distressed by the scathing attacks. However, in City's case, the negative media has actually directly influenced the players and the club. Some examples: 1) The media helped insure that Carlos Tevez fled Manchester, to take shelter in Argentina, after the debacle in Munich.

2)The media directly influenced when Mancini was fired, resulting in the team losing the FA Cup, from all the surrounding tension. The press also directly led to Gary Cooke's dismissal.

3) Last season, Mourinho & Wenger used their press interviews to directly attack City's adherence to the FFP BS & the hiring of Lampard. All of the media outlets started repeating Mourinho's lies and the team spent weeks answering the backlash of how Lampard joined the team. There's a growing list of damage & trouble that the media has inflicted on City.

So, it is inaccurate to say that the media doesn't have the power or influence to seriously harm MCFC.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:54 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
blues2win wrote:Here's another. Daily Fail reporting that City have failed to meet the 40,001 season ticket target. Don't know the facts but premature even if true now.

Blues2Win: Here's a link to a MEN article, which tells the more accurate version, that City have broken their pre-season ticket sale record. Other press reports are saying the same:

Yes, we can all ignore the negative press and refuse to read or watch it. Or, not be distressed by the scathing attacks. However, in City's case, the negative media has actually directly influenced the players and the club. Some examples: 1) The media helped insure that Carlos Tevez fled Manchester, to take shelter in Argentina, after the debacle in Munich.

2)The media directly influenced when Mancini was fired, resulting in the team losing the FA Cup, from all the surrounding tension. The press also directly led to Gary Cooke's dismissal.

3) Last season, Mourinho & Wenger used their press interviews to directly attack City's adherence to the FFP BS & the hiring of Lampard. All of the media outlets started repeating Mourinho's lies and the team spent weeks answering the backlash of how Lampard joined the team. There's a growing list of damage & trouble that the media has inflicted on City.

So, it is inaccurate to say that the media doesn't have the power or influence to seriously harm MCFC.

Of course it harms the club.

Any fucktard who thinks it doesn't matter if you don't click on the article is deluded.

The media has been and will always be one of the most powerful weapons in the world. Other clubs and managers will continue to use it against us. I don't know how we're gonna fix this serious problem, but I'm fucked if I'll pretend it's not important.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:53 am

Original Dub wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Any fucktard who thinks it doesn't matter if you don't click on the article is deluded.

The media has been and will always be one of the most powerful weapons in the world. Other clubs and managers will continue to use it against us. I don't know how we're gonna fix this serious problem, but I'm fucked if I'll pretend it's not important.

Who says it doesn't harm the club?

As for clicking the article, if these articles just wind you up and make you angry then why click on them?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:51 am

It's simple really, all the club has to do is prove a story to be untrue and ban the reporter responsible for the article from the ground and ever getting an interview from any member of the club. They can't ban "the press" or refuse to give interviews without getting fines but they can refuse reporters who are proven to have deliberately lied or miss quoted.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:49 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

As for clicking the article, if these articles just wind you up and make you angry then why click on them?

I don't ignore everything that makes me angry. If someone slappes my missus in the face I wouldn't ignore it.

If someone slags off my club, I won't ignore it. If there is an agenda against anything I love I'd rather it was highlighted.

The fight against racism in sport won't be won by ignoring it. And it makes quite a lot of people angry.

I hate agendas. They make me angry alright. No sleepless nights or anything. But I'll call it when I see it. And maybe of enough people do highlight such agendas, it might bring about change.

I hope so anyway, because ignoring it hasn't worked so far. Is that fair to say?
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:I don't ignore everything that makes me angry. If someone slappes my missus in the face I wouldn't ignore it.

If someone slags off my club, I won't ignore it. If there is an agenda against anything I love I'd rather it was highlighted.

The fight against racism in sport won't be won by ignoring it. And it makes quite a lot of people angry.

I hate agendas. They make me angry alright. No sleepless nights or anything. But I'll call it when I see it. And maybe of enough people do highlight such agendas, it might bring about change.

I hope so anyway, because ignoring it hasn't worked so far. Is that fair to say?

I hear you OD and you're not wrong.
In any war propaganda plays a huge role. Make no mistake, there is a war of sorts going on at the moment. City can't win the propaganda war because certain elements of the media, for whatever commercial reasons, have chosen their side of the battlefield and the tactics they employ panders to the cartels agenda.

That is the hardest part to take with the British and Irish press. They happily do a job on us for Pool/Utd/Arse/Chavs and go out of their way to give them whatever small advantage they can.

There is a thread on here about favourite other PL team. I used to like Liverpool years ago, because my mates supported them, they hated United and they gave us no grief. Now, I couldn't name any other team I like, because they all seem to have banded together in the media battle. This transfer season is the a perfect example for me, of the ugly tactics being employed.

But these are only battles and ultimately, I feel we are winning the actual football war, or at least getting the upper hand domestically. I think that is why you see the propaganda getting so OTT.

We are getting close to victory. They sense it. They know if we get on top, we will be there for quite a while and it will be to the detriment of the current media darlings.

However, when the war is won, watch the media drop the losers quite quickly without any remorse.
Quite dramatic, I know, but I feel this is pretty much the way it is panning out.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Tim777 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:56 pm

The media trend of slagging City off will not subside until they realise that people no longer care to pay much attention to it. Good or bad sports press, all they do is highlight our importance and make us more famous, which they don't really do with clubs that are just floating along in relative obscurity. We are an integral part of their moronic lives post-2008; a vital ingredient in the otherwise stomach-churning septic broth that they prepare for their families each evening - we should be proud of City-this and City-that. They can't seem to function much otherwise. Shame.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

I don't ignore everything that makes me angry. If someone slappes my missus in the face I wouldn't ignore it.

Spot on OD.

What pisses me off, nearly as much as the MEDIA BIAS, is the fuckwits who tell us to stop fuckign reading about it ffs !!!....I just happen to be one of the billions of people who fuckign like to read and watch news about my club!!...its nigh on impossible to click on a City story and ignore the shite they spew.

City should ban wanker reporters from the club...end of.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:19 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I don't ignore everything that makes me angry. If someone slappes my missus in the face I wouldn't ignore it.

I hear you OD and you're not wrong.
In any war propaganda plays a huge role. Make no mistake, there is a war of sorts going on at the moment. City can't win the propaganda war because certain elements of the media, for whatever commercial reasons, have chosen their side of the battlefield and the tactics they employ panders to the cartels agenda.

That is the hardest part to take with the British and Irish press. They happily do a job on us for Pool/Utd/Arse/Chavs and go out of their way to give them whatever small advantage they can.

There is a thread on here about favourite other PL team. I used to like Liverpool years ago, because my mates supported them, they hated United and they gave us no grief. Now, I couldn't name any other team I like, because they all seem to have banded together in the media battle. This transfer season is the a perfect example for me, of the ugly tactics being employed.

But these are only battles and ultimately, I feel we are winning the actual football war, or at least getting the upper hand domestically. I think that is why you see the propaganda getting so OTT.

We are getting close to victory. They sense it. They know if we get on top, we will be there for quite a while and it will be to the detriment of the current media darlings.

However, when the war is won, watch the media drop the losers quite quickly without any remorse.
Quite dramatic, I know, but I feel this is pretty much the way it is panning out.

I agree with pretty much all of that mate.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What exactly do you think that will achieve genius?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What exactly do you think that will achieve genius?

A lot as their employer will send and pay someone else to cover our games meaning it will hit them financially. A lot would soon adjust their approach when they realise that not only are they losing money but also the chance of getting a decent piece in print. It's actually the best way to go after them as not only would they lose out on us but risk being dropped all together as the paper might as well just pay someone that can go to all games without hassle
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:10 pm

Well, something has to change in our approach, because the silent approach clearly hasn't worked.

Bacon face did some number on the media. Those who wrote site we're turned away.

Ffs he told the entire BBC to fuck off.

And what did that do for him in the long run in the eyes of the media?

They fucking adored him for it and still do to this day.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:24 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
harveytravis wrote:

DON'T READ THEM

Cheers

You fucking knob (in the most politest fashion). We all understand how it works but some choose to not accept it like a little gimp.

Ooooops, sorry, just realised it was you Doomy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum