Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby bigblue » Sun May 19, 2019 3:05 pm

Mase wrote:He's only just signed a new contract hasn't he? :lol:

Yep, signed a contract in Jan 2018 that keeps him here until June 2023.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Sun May 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Talk about a bitter hit piece from a miserable man:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -is-broken

I've also noticed how the Guardian has disabled comments for all of the anti-City articles they've published after we've won the treble. Cunts
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby harveytravis » Sun May 19, 2019 8:03 pm

I don't remember the media ever mentioning the dominance of other teams as bad for the game...

Leeds in the 1970s
Liverpool in the 1980s
United in the 1990s
Arsenal in the 2000s

Barcelona destroying football as a spectacle??

Could this young man have a certain agenda or is he just another lazy journalist using spin for a story rather than getting off his fat arse and doing his job properly?

Just asking...
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby MUS » Mon May 20, 2019 12:37 am

bigblue wrote:Talk about a bitter hit piece from a miserable man:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -is-broken

I've also noticed how the Guardian has disabled comments for all of the anti-City articles they've published after we've won the treble. Cunts

Hahaha, brilliant. The Guardian is a joke of a newspaper. It hurts me to say it as a traditionally left leaning British Arab that grew up in Manchester. It reeks of hypocrisy and pretends to be championing the working classes when really it's just a bunch of smug middle class privileged wankers with pseudo- racist hypocrisy, which is especially evident whenever it comes to city articles. I'd love to get into it in more detail but I've got a small matter of a domestic clean sweep / quadruple to celebrate :D

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ue-success

The first paragraph of this made me chuckle. The author is clearly not happy and portrays the majority of football agrees that this "diminished" quadruple means "nothing". Of course, the quotes from Pep are stretched and bent to the limits so he/she can justify their bitter hatred.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby salford city » Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am

I've just watched that interview with Pep - "Do you know the question that you are asking??" Fucking gutter journalism. Needs to be outed & banned from attending any more of our Pressers
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Outcast » Mon May 20, 2019 9:59 am

On talkshite this morning:

Danny Murphy laid into Rob Harris for his timing. Dont get me wrong, Danny is a bellend at times but well played there.

I hear Rob is banned from the Etihad, it's by time we took fucking action and banned those vermins.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Mon May 20, 2019 10:10 am

Outcast wrote:On talkshite this morning:

Danny Murphy laid into Rob Harris for his timing. Dont get me wrong, Danny is a bellend at times but well played there.

I hear Rob is banned from the Etihad, it's by time we took fucking action and banned those vermins.

About time that we started to do this it's not as if these fuck-wits are not already writing negative shit about us
salford city

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 20, 2019 10:23 am

Seems a competition to run down City at the moment.

I suggest we report a conspiracy to the Swiss police for a start.

Firstly it's not true (IMHO) that we 'cheated'

Secondly what is 'Fair' Play? It was originally to stop clubs spending money they don't have. Then it became a tool to stop City and PSG. What sort of lunatic stops a business owner investing in his business.

Thirdly our revenues speak for themselves

The bottom line is that everyone can spend hundreds of millions except City - if we do it 'devalues' trophies

The infantile stupidity of it really riles me. Because of these devious journalists there are loads of people out there who think 'the Sheik buys our players'

Idiots the lot
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon May 20, 2019 11:54 am

john@staustell wrote:Seems a competition to run down City at the moment.

Secondly what is 'Fair' Play? It was originally to stop clubs spending money they don't have. Then it became a tool to stop City and PSG. What sort of lunatic stops a business owner investing in his business.

The bottom line is that everyone can spend hundreds of millions except City - if we do it 'devalues' trophies

The infantile stupidity of it really riles me. Because of these devious journalists there are loads of people out there who think 'the Sheik buys our players'

Idiots the lot

spot on.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby bigblue » Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 pm

john@staustell wrote:Seems a competition to run down City at the moment.

Idiots the lot

Tons of articles have come out (especially on the guardian) about how football is broken, most of them using our 6-0 win vs Watford as an example.

They must have missed our 1/2 dozen 1-0 wins vs Leicester, Burnley, etc. just a few weeks before. Nevermind that Watford's defence let the Silvas, Raheem, and Jesus win headers over them all game.

And was football broken when the dippers dominated in the 80's, the rags in the 90's, chelsea in the early 2000's...

fuck off
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dunnylad » Mon May 20, 2019 2:02 pm

It’s the idea we are ruining football - VDV cost more than any of our centre backs, Kepa cost more than Ederson, Coutinho cost more than any of our attacking midfielders & don’t even bother with Neymar or Mbappe - if we spent shedloads and won nowt the media would be happy, but Pep has made them into a world class team & only the randomness of cup football has stopped us taking a clean sweep
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby harveytravis » Mon May 20, 2019 2:36 pm

harveytravis wrote:I don't remember the media ever mentioning the dominance of other teams as bad for the game...

Leeds in the 1970s
Liverpool in the 1980s
United in the 1990s
Arsenal in the 2000s

Could this young man have a certain agenda or is he just another lazy journalist using spin for a story rather than getting off his fat arse and doing his job properly?

Just asking...

Anyone???
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bigblue » Mon May 20, 2019 2:51 pm

harveytravis wrote:
harveytravis wrote:

Just asking...

Anyone???

The answer to your first question is both.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Mon May 20, 2019 3:00 pm

harveytravis wrote:
harveytravis wrote:I don't remember the media ever mentioning the dominance of other teams as bad for the game...

Leeds in the 1970s
Liverpool in the 1980s
United in the 1990s
Arsenal in the 2000s

Just asking...

Anyone???

One of the issues nowadays is that social media & the web have given more people a voice. Your point however is valid in that there were no such claims during other teams' dominance. Let's face it, we are there to be shot at & in the main, it is pure jealousy. We need to now push on & break the red shite's three league titles on the spin & then go & win & then defend the CL after which every one of these fuck-wits will fuck off declaring that it's no fun anymore. Might not be fun for you mate, but I'm up & down the country & in Europe laughing my cock off following this club & it is only going to get better
salford city

Postby Tru_Blu » Mon May 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Let history speak to the effin cry babies

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/jul/26/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united-interview
"Do you know what City's biggest triumph is? It's getting those players there. I don't know if they will do anything with them," he says. "It is not easy to get into that top four, so the biggest success of all is to just get the players there. They might not get beyond that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... n-transfer
'Big players want to win trophies and City are not in the race'

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/115703/Money-can-t-buy-title
"Gudjohnsen insists no amount of cash can guarantee trophies"

https://afootballreport.com/post/927214396 WHY MANCHESTER CITY WON’T WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
"Can money buy a team glory? No."
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 23, 2019 4:46 am

This morning the BBC is concerning itself with how the rags won some matches 20 years ago.

Desperate or what?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wooders » Thu May 23, 2019 5:40 am

Tru_Blu wrote:Let history speak to the effin cry babies

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/jul/26/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united-interview
"Do you know what City's biggest triumph is? It's getting those players there. I don't know if they will do anything with them," he says. "It is not easy to get into that top four, so the biggest success of all is to just get the players there. They might not get beyond that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... n-transfer
'Big players want to win trophies and City are not in the race'

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/115703/Money-can-t-buy-title
"Gudjohnsen insists no amount of cash can guarantee trophies"

https://afootballreport.com/post/927214396 WHY MANCHESTER CITY WON’T WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
"Can money buy a team glory? No."

Actually the last one is right - money alone, in terms of buying players, cannot “buy a team glory” - what these cretins fail to realise, to this day, is that we are not where we are by money alone, we have fostered a great team spirit, we have the best training facilities, a great academy and many others all done to the highest level, also we have the best chairman in football imo
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby salford city » Thu May 23, 2019 8:56 am

Gotta love the Beeb. It's only taken them to today but there is now a story up on the headlines of how the red shit won the treble. Sad bastards :D :D
salford city

Postby CuteMancs » Thu May 23, 2019 9:42 am

salford city wrote:Gotta love the Beeb. It's only taken them to today but there is now a story up on the headlines of how the red shit won the treble. Sad bastards :D :D

Talkshite have a special on this tonight as well, they have been pushing it all week.....We are really not really here apparently !!

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby salford city » Thu May 23, 2019 9:55 am

Yes forgotten about in less than a week who'd a thunk it??

Just further illustrates how selective and manipulative our press are
salford city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum