Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:21 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:Like Hazy says - smashes up our bus, robbed our medical staff, hacked in to our scouting system, booted Ederson in the face, Klopp commenting on which players we’re leaving on the bench like it has something to do with him.

I’d rather give the rags a guard of honour to be honest. But I’m sure Pep is so so so happy to do it.

He should be overruled -he should not be allowed to make a decision like this one.This is not about him or his fuckign players...its about the fans and what we feel.

There again , baldie has never ever understood the City fans..and he never will.

How could he understand when until here, he had everything on a plate from the Federations and the refs.
I still think the first season was so poor because he had to come down from his ivory tower and understand how bent is the competition here and how hard is to be an underdog.

But as Carl said above, he does not understand how it was and will be to support City. Things are not going to change, the media will not be in our favour, we will not get favorable decision and so on.
I think we should show class to teams that deserve this, not to teams that signed with both hand to ban us from Europe.
Last edited by PeterParker on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:22 am

salford city wrote:Difficult to take but this is what class is about. The irony is that these are the least deserving club that you could imagine. Part of me Hope's it is to embarass our squad but I doubt that they actually give a fuck. If the boot was on the other foot would we get one - would we fuck

Indeed.

Did we get one at the Charity Shield as a tribute for the unprecedented Treble? Don’t recall it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:27 am

Apparently Jayden Braaf has now been called up to train with the first team squad after rumours he was going to “do a Sancho”.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:31 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:Difficult to take but this is what class is about. The irony is that these are the least deserving club that you could imagine. Part of me Hope's it is to embarass our squad but I doubt that they actually give a fuck. If the boot was on the other foot would we get one - would we fuck

There are times to show class and then there are times to stick 2 fingers up at a cunt who has treated you badly.
What Baldie is making them do is bow their heads to a cunt.

Its not right.

And , I wont be surprised if we get beat, to top the day off.

I understand that but it seems as a club, that this comes down right from the top. Time and time again we have bent over and took it and unless we have turned UEFA over and are going to go after all the sly red bastards and their minions, them nothing will ever change. I'm all for sticking up the fingers, but our owners dont appear keen on that fight?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:45 am

I can't agree with not doing the guard of honour.

It is okay for fans to show their feelings, but the club needs to look at the wider picture, dispassionately. Not doing will be portrayed negatively and overshadow anything else we do this season, and possibly next. If we regain the title next season the media will encourage teams not to give us the guard of honour because of our 'disrespect' etc. Better to get it over with and take whatever positives we can from it, in terms of motivating the players, both for the dipper game, the FA Cup (if we are still in it by then) and CL, and next season. If our players had lost some of their desire through winning nearly everything domestically for two seasons, what better way to restore it than having to symbolically hand over a trophy to their opponents?

It wont be pleasant, but it is the best approach for the club in the future.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:47 am

Apparently this dipper side side can be considered one of the greatest ever, according to the Sunday Supplement.

Strange considering we were told after our all conquering 100 point season that we would have to win it again and again to be considered one of the best as we needed to be consistent. Then we won the unprecedented Treble and still we didn’t the recognition we really deserved. But that’s life as a City fan I guess. We’ve the pots on the sideboard to show what we are about
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:51 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I can't agree with not doing the guard of honour.

It is okay for fans to show their feelings, but the club needs to look at the wider picture, dispassionately. Not doing will be portrayed negatively and overshadow anything else we do this season, and possibly next. If we regain the title next season the media will encourage teams not to give us the guard of honour because of our 'disrespect' etc. Better to get it over with and take whatever positives we can from it, in terms of motivating the players, both for the dipper game, the FA Cup (if we are still in it by then) and CL, and next season. If our players had lost some of their desire through winning nearly everything domestically for two seasons, what better way to restore it than having to symbolically hand over a trophy to their opponents?

Real Madrid FC don't agree with you mate.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:52 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fair enough, but it doesn't change my mind.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:05 pm

But what if the players give the guard of honor, but the staff throws bags of piss at them? Payback at the bus attack?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:07 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Fair enough, but it doesn't change my mind.

Thats fine mate , its your opinion, but given RM did exactly what fans like me want us to do there was no negativity aimed at them that overshadowed anything they did since then so what difference does it make if we go the same route ?

We are STILL portrayed as an Arab plaything and no matter how many records we fuckign break we never get the recognition for it....NO FUCKING PLAYERS for POTY...that speaks volumes.

So Nah...fuck having so called class against the VERMIN when all their fans are pundits and tabloid writers.......they do NOTHING for us and they do EVERYTHING to harm us.

I respect your opinion but your very wrong IMO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:14 pm

I can see why we will do it. It’s expected. We have changed the landscape, but never ever will we be accepted. What difference is doing the right thing going to do. FUCK ALL If UEFA fuck us the same cunts will be celebrating it. Pep should keep his mouth shut, I was at Anfield for the game Buzzer laid the wreath Any blue will tell you they were a fucking disgrace from the minute we arrived until we left some in windowless coaches. We will show respect to a club that gives nothing but hate a vile behaviour.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:20 pm

Hazy2 wrote:I can see why we will do it. It’s expected. We have changed the landscape, but never ever will we be accepted. What difference is doing the right thing going to do. FUCK ALL If UEFA fuck us the same cunts will be celebrating it. Pep should keep his mouth shut, I was at Anfield for the game Buzzer laid the wreath Any blue will tell you they were a fucking disgrace from the minute we arrived until we left some in windowless coaches. We will show respect to a club that gives nothing but hate a vile behaviour.

Agree 100%
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:47 pm

We are the fourmidables it’s on the East stand check it out. From the minute Vinny lifted the FA Cup the agenda was get City. The media have the vile club they wanted, be careful what you wish for they are scousers and trusts them at your peril.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Hazy2 wrote:We are the fourmidables it’s on the East stand check it out. From the minute Vinny lifted the FA Cup the agenda was get City. The media have the vile club they wanted, be careful what you wish for they are scousers and trusts them at your peril.

This for me as well. Let's hope we grow a pair for the game today and onward for the chumps league
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Tim777 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Guard of honour? Fuck that.

I'd sooner subject those blatant cheats to an unceremonious firing squad.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Tim777 wrote:Guard of honour? Fuck that.

I would say give them a dose of their own 'bus welcome'

But that would lower us to their level (not that is possible but you know what I mean).
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:20 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Tim777 wrote:Guard of honour? Fuck that.

I would say give them a dose of their own 'bus welcome'

But that would lower us to their level (not that is possible but you know what I mean).

We could push them over and trample on them. Could push the wall over when they’re coming through the tunnel so it lands on them.

There’s a few options.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:25 pm

Fuck the guard of honour for those disgusting vile bastards not a fucking chance . Anyone but them and fuck lets show our class , a statement needs to be made to show the bin dipping cunts up for what they are ABSOLUTE SCUM .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Simister » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:26 pm

I think we should do it, and never lose an opportunity in the media to compare that welcome to the one their backward club gave our team before the CL quarter final.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:50 am

In times like this I miss Bobby Manc.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext