Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Justified logic » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:42 pm

Common denominator Lowest common denominator seems to be The Mirror.

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall
Who has the biggest bus, of them all?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Stan cuntymore "If you're a young football fan, for fucks sake do yourself a favour and read some of the great books about the great coaches and revolutionaries of the game rather than getting a hard in for managers who spend £300m a window on players."
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 pm

I think i despise the wife beating dogger the most out of all the media people. And he has some stiff opposition
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:21 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Stan cuntymore "If you're a young football fan, for fucks sake do yourself a favour and read some of the great books about the great coaches and revolutionaries of the game rather than getting a hard in for managers who spend £300m a window on players."

Yeah, because Stan Collymore reads books about great revolutionaries. Riiiiiiiight...

This pond scum has chosen to stick with the path that almost every other media fuckwit has since diverted from, having seen the way we are heading.

The more he spits now, the more of a fuckwit he's going to look every passing week.

Sit back and enjoy.
Original Dub

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:59 pm

If it’s so easy Cuntymore
Tell me why from a top 3 cemented position
And a Chumps league winner in 2005 ,
How have Livershite spent over aBillion pounds
And not won the prem
You fuckin pond Scum of a man
carolina-blue

Postby gillie » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Stan cuntymore "If you're a young football fan, for fucks sake do yourself a favour and read some of the great books about the great coaches and revolutionaries of the game rather than getting a hard in for managers who spend £300m a window on players."

Yeah, because Stan Collymore reads books about great revolutionaries. Riiiiiiiight...

This pond scum has chosen to stick with the path that almost every other media fuckwit has since diverted from, having seen the way we are heading.

The more he spits now, the more of a fuckwit he's going to look every passing week.

Sit back and enjoy.

The only book on coaches the dogger has read are National Express timetables.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:53 pm

gillie wrote:The only book on coaches the dogger has read are National Express timetables.

Ha ha, a true coffee sputtered on screen moment. B+
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Chinners » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Great interview with Robinho, alot on his time here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Jesus.html

Yeah a good interview from the alleged and nearly convicted gang rapist
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Justified logic » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:28 pm

carolina-blue wrote:If it’s so easy Cuntymore
And not won the prem

One of your better ones. You should publish these poems.
Justified logic

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Justified logic wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:If it’s so easy Cuntymore
And not won the prem

One of your better ones. You should publish these poems.

Th
A
Nks
carolina-blue

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 pm

After the Robinho conviction our wonderful BBC are looking to build up our reputation
Birmingham top arrest list as Leeds and Manchester City again near top of data

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42095049
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:14 am

Fuck Robinho and the rag wanking Beeb!

loved this patriotic dig at Lord Sugar by Stu on the MUeN, instead.

Lord Sugar's Manchester City criticism should get him fired!

The former Tottenham chairman and 'The Apprentice' star had a pop at Man City's spending but got it wrong, wrong, and wrong again.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... m-13943387

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Justified logic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 am

Some excellent pieces by Samuel in today's Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ating.html

Oumar Niasse's case is so simple... the Everton forward dived, it's cheating
Everton requested a personal hearing for Oumar Niasse over his diving charge. Maybe that was the problem. If Niasse said to the commission what he told the media after the game with Crystal Palace, he was always going to get weighed off.

'It was on my upper body and when I felt the contact, I was in the box, so that is it,' Niasse explained. 'That is all I have to do. Go on the floor. If you watch the video, you can understand there is contact.'

That is less justification, more confession. Where does it say it is a foul if there is contact with a forward in the penalty area? Football is a contact sport. Players collide or come together all the time. So the best that can be said of Niasse is a language barrier prevented him expressing himself clearly. The worst is that he admitted he dived.

Rewind that statement. 'I felt contact. I was in the box, so that is it. All I have to do. Go on the floor.' Nowhere does this suggest that Scott Dann's contact, which appears minimal, sent him tumbling.

Niasse does not claim he was tripped by Dann, knocked to the floor, even pushed a little. He talks about his reaction, not as unavoidable, but as a decision he made: to go on the floor. And that's a dive. Whichever way you slice it, that's a dive, and that's cheating. So Niasse deserved his two-game ban, even if there was contact.

We have come so far in our pragmatism that we have muddied our language along with our moral code. We have invented so many euphemisms for what is, at root, dark-hearted gamesmanship that we have started to believe their legitimacy. He 'made the most of it'. No, he dived. He 'gave the referee a decision to make'. No, he dived. He 'feels the contact and is entitled to go down'. No, he's not, and that's a dive, too.

continues...

Why would Foden leave Pep?
After Manchester City's win against Feyenoord this week, a studio discussion over the future of Phil Foden concluded that the best thing for his development would be a loan move to a Championship club.

Harry Redknapp and Martin Keown were certainly in favour and no doubt will not be alone. Many professional observers feel it is better to play matches, even inferior ones, rather than wait for an opportunity at an elite club.

Yet, given what we have seen of City this season, why would any young player wish to move out of the orbit of Pep Guardiola? Indeed, if we could hand over all of England's best youth players to learn football his way, the future would be instantly brighter.

Guardiola has been including Foden in his first-team plans since the summer, and talking him up to anyone who would listen since the middle of last season.

continues...

Smalling needs to add to his game, not his trophy cabinet
Chris Smalling said he was surprised Gareth Southgate excluded him from England's friendly fixtures with Germany and Brazil. He pointed to Manchester United's excellent defensive record this season, and his own list of achievements with them — 'every trophy bar the Champions League' — as proof the England manager got it wrong. He added that if his run continues, it would give Southgate no option but to pick him.

continues...

Don't complain, Conte - you could be at West Brom
If Antonio Conte does not want to play in the Champions League, he has options. West Brom, for instance. There is a club whose schedule is very rarely complicated by European commitments, and they're in the market for a manager. No doubt they'd be delighted to have Conte on the rebound from a long flight back to London. He'd be out of their class under normal circumstances.

continues...

It's criminal for Irons to call 999
Embarrassingly, West Ham supporters have been asked to stop phoning 999 to vent their frustration after matches. Essex Police have taken so many calls from irate fans, they issued a statement following Sunday's defeat by Watford.

continues...

Playing safely is not a tall order
Andy Carroll, we are told, is often penalised by referees just for being big. He uses his arms for leverage when jumping, goes the argument — everyone does it, but it looks worse from him because he's so tall.

How to explain, then, the relatively unblemished career of Peter Crouch? continues...
Justified logic

Postby Justified logic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:56 am

Jim White &co on talksport just now trying to identify the top 10 penalty scorers.
Complete mental block about naming Aguero. :roll:
Justified logic

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Justified logic wrote:Jim White &co on talksport just now trying to identify the top 10 penalty scorers.

Did Yaya get a mention?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Justified logic wrote:Jim White &co on talksport just now trying to identify the top 10 penalty scorers.

to be fair, his record ain't that great
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Justified logic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Did Yaya get a mention?

I wasn't really listening until it was almost over. Has Yaya scored more PL penalties than Aguero? Aguero (10th highest number of penalties scored) was the last that they guessed. They didn't even get it immediately when given the clue that he'd just broken the club record for goals scored.
Justified logic

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Justified logic wrote:

Did Yaya get a mention?

I wasn't really listening until it was almost over. Has Yaya scored more PL penalties than Aguero? Aguero (10th highest number of penalties scored) was the last that they guessed. They didn't even get it immediately when given the clue that he'd just broken the club record for goals scored.

Oh, so it's most penalties scored rather than most prolific.

Just looked it up. Aguero has scored 16/20 in PL.

Yaya has scored 11/11. (the most prolific in PL with 10 or more pens taken)
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Justified logic wrote:

Did Yaya get a mention?

Just 2 points mate:

Number 1. Do you expect TalkSport to do any real research?

Number 2. If they did do the research, do you actually expect them to mention our club in a positive light, that will piss off the Rag hordes?

I believe Yaya is the most prolific while Sergio's record is up there with the best, even though some Blues can't even see it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Did Yaya get a mention?

Just 2 points mate:

Number 1. Do you expect TalkSport to do any real research?

Number 2. If they did do the research, do you actually expect them to mention our club in a positive light, that will piss off the Rag hordes?

I believe Yaya is the most prolific while Sergio's record is up there with the best, even though some Blues can't even see it.

What's wrong with their research? It was about the most penalties scored, not the most 'prolific'. Is it not true that Aguero's 16 penalties (figure from FiBD) is the 10th most by anyone in PL times?

As for the research and mentions, someone did the research and the presenters did the guessing. There was no positive or negative light about it, just a matter of record. That the presenters didn't think of Aguero as one of the highest penalty scorers (albeit only just) was telling though. That they almost forgot Rooney (the penultimately guessed one) was amusing - he's now anonymous, yesterday's man now that he's at Everton. These presenters think in terms of, and like to be associated with, success and popularity.
Justified logic

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum