Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby sheblue » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:50 am

gmercer1 wrote:Watched the match in the pub and when Sterling got subbed loads of people cheered!
If I was Sterling I’d tell England to fuck off and concentrate on City. All the shit in the press brainwashes people.
To be fair he was being subbed for the best player to ever wear an England Shirt

The team selection the next game will be interesting.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Watched the match in the pub and when Sterling got subbed loads of people cheered!
If I was Sterling I’d tell England to fuck off and concentrate on City. All the shit in the press brainwashes people.
To be fair he was being subbed for the best player to ever wear an England Shirt

I've said a million times I don't know why he's chosen to play for England in the first instance, and then continue to take this racist crap by not just retiring.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:27 pm

Now they have "The Sterling Debate" on sky.

Rashford did fucking NOTHING when he came on. Lindgard was far worse than sterling.

This is getting really weird now.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... isia-clash
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:Now they have "The Sterling Debate" on sky.

Rashford did fucking NOTHING when he came on. Lindgard was far worse than sterling.

It's getting to the point now mate where I'm thinking if Sterling isn't arsed about it, and he quite clearly isn't because he could just pie off England if he wanted to, then why should I be bothered?

Like I've said, he's not English and he's black - a brilliant combination for the racist media.
Last edited by Mase on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Mase wrote:

It's getting to the point now mate where I'm thinking if Sterling isn't arsed about it, and he quite clearly isn't because he could just pie off England of he wanted to, then why should I be bothered?

Like I've said, he's not English and he's black - a brilliant combination for the racist media.

I think he looked terrified of making a mistake yesterday. He didn't att all play with the same confidence and quality as he does for City, but seemed to double guess and doubt himself in pretty much every situation. i can only blame the media for that.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Exactly what happened in the pub I was in !!

Fucking wankers ! If I was sterling I’d retire from playing international football - he can’t win even when he does win .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:48 pm

The media have got what they want with all the Sterling bashing and now got people talking about Sterling rather than the fact we win our first game. The media don't want to see a successful England, that doesn't sell the crap they peddle, they want the misery so people will buy/click their shit in order to make their lives feel better. Sterling is the perfect foil for them, a non-native now English black person who has the audacity to shop in the readers stores and not have the decency to wash his car. The readerships Go ape at that shit as while they struggle with real life pay cuts and struggles, the media have give them somebody to air their angst at.

I think they call it the 'Little Englander', and the media know their market.

Me, I'm quite happy with the performance overall as we showed early on that we can really look the part, let down in the 2nd half by the oppo deciding to sit deep and the referee making decisions that only he will understand the reasons for.

A win to start is great and now it's in the bag, and we have a game in our legs, I'm looking forward to the next game.

Oh, and the miserable cunts can fuck off.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The media have got what they want with all the Sterling bashing and now got people talking about Sterling rather than the fact we win our first game. The media don't want to see a successful England, that doesn't sell the crap they peddle, they want the misery so people will buy/click their shit in order to make their lives feel better. Sterling is the perfect foil for them, a non-native now English black person who has the audacity to shop in the readers stores and not have the decency to wash his car. The readerships Go ape at that shit as while they struggle with real life pay cuts and struggles, the media have give them somebody to air their angst at.

Me, I'm quite happy with the performance overall as we showed early on that we can really look the part, let down in the 2nd half by the oppo deciding to sit deep and the referee making decisions that only he will understand the reasons for.

A win to start is great and now it's in the bag, and we have a game in our legs, I'm looking forward to the next game.

I aint miserable I just don't do all the patriotic media driven bullshit when England play football beefy. Does my head in to see us under achieve with the quality of players we have and have had for decades . Very decent world cup so far with most of the top sides on a slow burner its all set to take off big time when teams need to win to qualify etc .
Football can frustrate the fuck out of most us .......... England frustrate the fuck out of me that is all ! :x
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:55 pm

Most of the people who post in the match thread would probably agree with you about football being frustrating at times.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:09 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

It's getting to the point now mate where I'm thinking if Sterling isn't arsed about it, and he quite clearly isn't because he could just pie off England of he wanted to, then why should I be bothered?

I think he looked terrified of making a mistake yesterday. He didn't att all play with the same confidence and quality as he does for City, but seemed to double guess and doubt himself in pretty much every situation. i can only blame the media for that.

Harrumph!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:The media have got what they want with all the Sterling bashing and now got people talking about Sterling rather than the fact we win our first game. The media don't want to see a successful England, that doesn't sell the crap they peddle, they want the misery so people will buy/click their shit in order to make their lives feel better. Sterling is the perfect foil for them, a non-native now English black person who has the audacity to shop in the readers stores and not have the decency to wash his car. The readerships Go ape at that shit as while they struggle with real life pay cuts and struggles, the media have give them somebody to air their angst at.

I aint miserable I just don't do all the patriotic media driven bullshit when England play football beefy. Does my head in to see us under achieve with the quality of players we have and have had for decades . Very decent world cup so far with most of the top sides on a slow burner its all set to take off big time when teams need to win to qualify etc .
Football can frustrate the fuck out of most us .......... England frustrate the fuck out of me that is all ! :x

Totally get it mate and after years of the Rag media picking the team it's been a difficult watch. However, things are looking a little different and now that the last of the old Rag cunts has retired to pastures far away I find my annoyance and dimmed substantially. Seeing Tom Daley there still has my back up and when they fawn over Rashford and Lingard it makes me laugh. These 2 don't have near as much impact as many of the others in their positions but get the plaudits because of the Rag quota. But eh-oh, that's the way it is and only when the current Rag/Dipper loving media have moved on, allowing the next generation of writers and pundits to give equal balance, I'll have to live with it but keep my right to give them no limelight.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:42 pm

Murdoch's media platforms all wreak of racism and enjoy spreading this kind of poison.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:44 pm

Great post, Beefy.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Great post, Beefy.

Cheers pal, but when somebody says that I'm always cynical, with the nature of the board. Great post, pure bully! However, not interested in that shit and it's the footie that takes precedence.

What's interesting today is that the media stepped back a little as their job was done. Less City fans, social media was alive with the narrative the media started, and will end with. The sheep, who I had first hand experience of last night, have followed the narrative and when you compare the narrative of Salah, or even the Rag/Dipper players, you realise who really sets the tone of the England public's mindset.

The WC is a chance for the public to unite, the media's job is to ensure that they divide and conquer. Just amazes me that there are a few that think it's about being honest but, luckily, they are now the minority, mainly due to what they see before their very eyes.

Whoever plays, I'll be supporting my country. Alway's been the case.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:41 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

Harrumph!

Give the governor a Harrumph
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 am

The moral of the story, do not leave Liarpool, the likes of Tony Evans will se to it you are ruined. I would bet he is ghost writing the spitting Scousers piece. Another Scousers who has in 1 drop of the bullshit persona done more than Raheem could ever do, yet he jogs on and will return to Sky like nothing ever happened. Scousers for you!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:16 am

I've read some dumb shit in my time but this is another level

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:18 am

Whilst I'm on the subject of dumb shit

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:26 am

On the BBC build up to today's games and particularly the England game they show the back of the Express. You could be forgiven for thinking it was the World Cup final today!
"Time to show who we are"
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby MUS » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:41 am

Is it just me or hasn't Sterling always done alright for England?

He played well in the last game and got blamed for Engs performance. The amount of times they showed the shot he scuffed when the play had already stopped for offside. He even played well in the Euros and got the blame for that. Wasn't he the one that won the bloody penalty vs Iceland?

I've seen him have much worse days for City and pep still backed him and got the rewards for it.

England need to sit the fuck down
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum